How does your garden grow

crappyice

3 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

They’re habaneros, I don’t know if they have different varieties, that pile made 14 jars of jelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The red ones could be scotch bonnets...similar to habaneros. Pepper jelly is great. I made a batch a few years ago with some hot lemon peppers I grew. Care to share your recipe?

Ours is all but done. A few tomato plants still producing, especially the cherry tomatoes. Cukes, peppers, zukes, and egg plant have been done for weeks.

There is now a very large black and yellow garden spider who has claimed the last jalapeno pepper plant. It can have the pepper. :blink:

They looked like Carolina Reapers.  My cousin grew some, but everyone is afraid to try them.  0E213970-8E45-4A9B-B980-F9016A8619DE.jpeg.4320a5f56d1810515d210c1e887933f3.jpeg

I just sold 2 kilos of dried ground reapers to a customer, that chicken sandwich is going to be hot as hell

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chef said:

I just sold 2 kilos of dried ground reapers to a customer, that chicken sandwich is going to be hot as hell

What was wholesale on that?   Dried is a lot of peppers for 2 Kilos.

Or she can try these two for a different experience
2079d8c9614222bc93c9acacba12bf80.jpg&key=8f27c1dd6db7cd0c71c7ff613a143bf7e05fbc8d555312f5a6629d1d5cc1aed1

Hahahah I just spit my drink on the table... it’s true though I hear is becoming a very popular vegetable these days.

• Like 1

Was upstate since Saturday just got back and my garden is destroyed after having no issues all year. My whole fence is torn down, watermelons, tomatoes, corn, pablano peppers, jalapeno peppers, potatoes, and bell peppers are demolished. WTF I found deer poop and tracks but do deer really eat all of the above? Could it have been a bear? The fence was only about 6 foot no reason a deer couldnt just jump over it. 

20200907_152809.jpg

20200907_152834.jpg

Screenshot_20200907-154405_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200907-154919_Photos.jpg

• Sad 1

I picked my first dozen ears of silver queen sweetcorn this afternoon.  We are having it for supper, and that kind is always my favorite. The coons have not got into it at all, so we may get enough out of the few rows that I planted out back, to put some in the freezer. 

I trapped 4 coons earlier, near some earlier ripening types that were planted at the same time and a few weeks earlier, but the coons wiped out most of that before I got them.  Coyotes found the shallow buried coon carcasses and have been keeping the corn coon free the last couple weeks.  Hopefully, they move away before I start deer hunting in early November.  I think you can legally start shooting them in October so I might have to try some of that.  

20200907_154459.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Never had luck with garlic... We use alot of it . I should try again .

Could this be your problem ? I’m using the bulbs from Keene Garlic Farm. I haven’t grown any in years but it is relatively easy. Bury the clove with the point up and cover with 3” of dirt. Then cover it with about 6” of straw.A421E71A-7E12-4F42-8B5B-9CFBC013CFC0.thumb.png.4459628ff8be8554aae6256e8b9f5bfe.png

44 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Almost time to plant the garlic. I’m waiting for my cloves to be shipped. Hopefully I’ll have them in the ground by 9/30.

I have always planted mine the second or third week of October and had good luck..An old friend of mine (RIP) told me that anytime after the full moon in September was OK...  I have been using the same seed for seven or  eight years now ..I just save big biggest and best cloves for seed, and eat the rest....A couple of years ago I had a so-so crop and suspected my seed was losing it's vigor, I considered buying some new seed, but replanted my old stuff and last year my crop was super...This year it is s0-so again...I guess I'll give this old German White seed one more chance..