How does your garden grow

crappyice

Well I have watered 3 days in a row . Tomatoes are popping.  Should have first BLT  by  next week . Squash plants are kicking in as well as cucumbers . Peppers are bushing  but not real tall .  Bruslesprouts are doing well. We have 10  watermelons  a few  honeydew  and cantaloupe  .

Between critters .. frost ... cucumber beetles  and drought  conditions  it's been a tuff gardening  year. I'm glad I'm not a farmer.... sheesh.

• Like 2

Not bad for a first time garden here.  Wasn't sure I got it  tilled up enough only using a pickaxe and a shovel.  But it's cucumbers,jalapenos,green peppers in first row,peas,then 2 rows of bean,squash and 2 rows of sweet corn.  

20200718_105339.jpg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 5

I should have fertilized after planting. Slow going in our veggie garden. Most are still flowers and planted early this year. Too late to fertilize? Some tomatoes and few peppers taking shape is all    Been watering often too  

Could be lake effect snow issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have been harvesting zucchini, bell peppers, and cucumbers this past week. Tomatoes are plentiful and big, but still green. Pumpkins are about the size of a volleyball.

Planted on Memorial Day weekend. I carry water down every night, if there is no rain. Using Miracle Grow once a week.

• Like 1

I should have fertilized after planting. Slow going in our veggie garden. Most are still flowers and planted early this year. Too late to fertilize? Some tomatoes and few peppers taking shape is all    Been watering often too  
Fertilize every 2 weeks until end of harvest .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It could be damage from the heat and from using the black plastic.  It really raises the temperature when you use that.  An advantage in the spring, less so in the hot summer days,  That throw up looks like a leftover squash just basically cooked on the plastic.  

Like any good country boy I poked it with a stick and it definitely isnt puke. Don’t grow squash. Looks like some type of mushroom actually- I rolled a piece over on the pic. [mention]PREDATE [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be damage from the heat and from using the black plastic.  It really raises the temperature when you use that.  An advantage in the spring, less so in the hot summer days,  That throw up looks like a leftover squash just basically cooked on the plastic.  

Should I remove the black plastic now that things are established

Pimento, glow (orange pepper), red bell pepper down the middle. The cilantro tried to bolt on me so I chopped some of the tall stocks off. You guys are right it's hot!

I'm putting all the peppers in a paper bag and storing in my basement.  Hoping that ripens them, I have an abundance of peppers so this is just an experiment. 

Screenshot_20200720-194601_Photos.jpg

• Like 2

Like any good country boy I poked it with a stick and it definitely isnt puke. Don’t grow squash. Looks like some type of mushroom actually- I rolled a piece over on the pic. [mention]PREDATE [/mention]

How freaky is this? My dad texted me this pic and asked what it is. It’s in his mulch bed. Same thing as you???

a9942dc3f6cde6e38aa72e9bfff528d1.jpg

12 hours ago, crappyice said:

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How freaky is this? My dad texted me this pic and asked what it is. It’s in his mulch bed. Same thing as you???

a9942dc3f6cde6e38aa72e9bfff528d1.jpg

This?http://www.southernmulch.com/faq-sometimes-i-get-mold-on-top-of-my-mulch.php

a9942dc3f6cde6e38aa72e9bfff528d1.jpg&key=dabfbda840486b81a8ef26e15976ce9fd10e525e0159aa2d15e6f502745e33eb

Yup! Wonder if we stepped in magic shrooms looking for Jerky’s balls last week!!