How does your garden grow

crappyice

57 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Pimento, glow (orange pepper), red bell pepper down the middle. The cilantro tried to bolt on me so I chopped some of the tall stocks off. You guys are right it's hot!

I'm putting all the peppers in a paper bag and storing in my basement.  Hoping that ripens them, I have an abundance of peppers so this is just an experiment. 

Screenshot_20200720-194601_Photos.jpg

Cory, better to let them ripen to red on the vine.  If you roast them on the grill, they are delicious!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How freaky is this? My dad texted me this pic and asked what it is. It’s in his mulch bed. Same thing as you???

a9942dc3f6cde6e38aa72e9bfff528d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve had that in my mulch beds before too.  Mine was white though.  

This morning's pull. I ended up pulling the peppers a little early because something has been sneaking in and eating them. I could've pulled kale but tend to grab that just before I use it. 

IMG_20200721_072225576.jpg

Edited by Bolt action
forgot how to type...
  • Like 1

@corydd7

I roast the red peppers on my grill. Get them as dark as in the picture, you want the skin to blister and the flesh to get roasted and soft. 

F8E45553-DE1A-482A-BBFB-34F64E1D6312.thumb.jpeg.52848976e649a8c15dc531d2abe39745.jpeg Then you place them in a paper bag and let the steam soften the outside skin.  When cooled, pull off the outside skin, remove inside seeds, slice into strips and you have roasted red peppers that are NOTHING like the stuff in the jars.  I add some olive oil, chopped garlic, lots of fresh herbs, salt and pepper to make a nice “salad”.  That, a hunk of bread and some provolone cheese, olives......I think that would be one of the meals I would request on death row! 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 4

On 7/16/2020 at 10:40 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

When i bought my veggies plants from a local farm, i was told they use miracle gro in their sprinklers systems.

Im going to have to use some, have it for my wifes flowers but never put it on edible plants.. Need to kickstart this garden already.. eating snap peas is getting old already lol 

On 7/16/2020 at 12:12 PM, crappyice said:

I did this year mostly only on my jalapeño and eggplant as someone earlier suggested they like supplements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas.. I appreciate it 

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If I pick peppers and jalapeños, is that it for the year? Do I just rip plant out or it let it stand?

Once my plants start producing, they will keep on producing until the weather changes or until the bunnies devour them. Those peppers I picked this morning, for some of them it was the 2nd or 3rd harvest from the same plant. Same for squash.

Once my plants start producing, they will keep on producing until the weather changes or until the bunnies devour them. Those peppers I picked this morning, for some of them it was the 2nd or 3rd harvest from the same plant. Same for squash.

Oh ok. I guess i should pick my peppers then. I was trying to wait for them to turn red

• Like 1

bf95f31c0d16bdf7d671a696a5a243f3.jpg

Big harvest this morning. YTD totals:

40 cukes
10 zucchini
5 grape tomatoes
1 Jetstar tomatoes
9 cups of basil

Tons and tons of tomatoes green and some yellow. Hopefully soon they go red

• Like 1

1 out of the 40 cukes harvested this year was given to [mention=3682]The Jerkman[/mention]. Still waiting on his yelp review.
I may have waited too long. Half is less crispy in my fridge. Going to eat the crisper half today. May need a Mulligan on a new cuke. Which we should have prewashed for the hand over and I eat it in front of the grower to make sure I eat at it's freshest

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

Just now, The Jerkman said:

I may have waited too long. Half is less crispy in my fridge. Going to eat the crisper half today. May need a Mulligan on a new cuke. Which we should have prewashed for the hand over and I eat it in front of the grower to make sure I eat at it's freshest

wtf! you should have eaten it that night! I kept it on ice for 5 hours while we golfed.

• Like 1

wtf! you should have eaten it that night! I kept it on ice for 5 hours while we golfed.
I know but my ankles were killing and I got home late. My fking fridge is a piece of shit and freezes everything. Can I grow more cucumbers if I plant the squishier half?

5 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I know but my ankles were killing and I got home late. My fking fridge is a piece of shit and freezes everything. Can I grow more cucumbers if I plant the squishier half?

I'm sick to my stomach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

It's not like rotten squishy just not as crispy as the firmer side

that cucumber deserved to be eaten that car ride home or when you got home. it had no business going in the fridge

• Like 1

that cucumber deserved to be eaten that car ride home or when you got home. it had no business going in the fridge
Well I tried to save it for the Mrs. She loves cucumbers. So much for being nice

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Well I tried to save it for the Mrs. She loves cucumbers. So much for being nice

you haven't seen her in a week? it's like 8 bites. just eat it!

I must admit the cucumber was still quite crunchy. Despite being a major turd he did grow a pretty decent cucumber. 7.5/10 where a store cucumber would rank around a 4/10 the 2.5/10 came down to it was a little shrively from day 1. So more aesthetic than anything. Crunch and flavor were quite tasty. Well done. 0999cf41d3052cc28a150a72120268c0.jpg200ed6a86bf50b618dda432ea386f25a.jpg

Oh and for comparison sake I give[mention=327]crappyice[/mention] smoked venison pepperoni? A 7.95/10 only because I did not have any pretzels to eat it as a topper on. Needed a little crunch and they'd be 10/10. That said both were superb and would absolutely purchase in the future!

20200721_120011.jpg.4ad83606cb6f187b47f783eb4a368d6c.jpg

Oh and for comparison sake I give[mention=327]crappyice[/mention] smoked venison pepperoni? A 7.95/10 only because I did not have any pretzels to eat it as a topper on. Needed a little crunch and they'd be 10/10. That said both were superb and would absolutely purchase in the future!

20200721_120011.jpg.4ad83606cb6f187b47f783eb4a368d6c.jpg

YOUR lack of owing a pretzel negatively impacted my product?!?

YOUR lack of owing a pretzel negatively impacted my product?!?

Hey, I'm a tough critic. Only slightly negatively impacted the rating. I gotta keep some room at the top for the perfect meat product like my jerky. I will admit your smoked venison is the best I've ever had

On 7/16/2020 at 7:27 AM, Water Rat said:

Here's an easy recipe for those who love cucumbers. Simply called "Cucumber salad".

Ingredients :

2 cucumbers peeled and sliced

half medium Vidalia onion

1/2 cup white vinegar

2 teaspoons of sugar

1 teaspoon of Kosher salt

1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper

1 clove of garlic finely minced

1/2 cup of water

I put mine in clean Mason jars and refrigerate. Lasts a long time and goes with anything.

Just made my first batch. D9833146-AAF3-4FAF-AB68-70B3B6CF9F52.thumb.jpeg.19aa41077135dae039b827fc437d6cb9.jpeg

• Like 4