NYS. Turkey Season; Continue Or Cancel ?

landtracdeerhunter

With this disease Covid- 19;    SARS-CoV2 virus strain so prevelant in New York,  what is your opinion on the upcoming Turkey Season, both youth and regular season?  Should the season go on, as it is an outdoor sport with a very limited number of people or should the State just flat out cancel it, as to not encourge people to venture away from their domains?  ( This is on condition NYS. doesn't lock down entirely)

I'm  personally  back and forth on this issue at this time. Their are as many pros as their are cons.

I ask for a rational discussion, please.

I'm going up to my house Friday and every other weekend to scout out some areas for may.I'm going from work hitting one gas station[cc outside] to my house and scouting no human contact at all.It only takes a little common sense to get around this safely.I'll be up and out opening day no matter what.

• Like 1

It would be terrible if they cancelled the season, although it wouldn't surprise me since everything else seems to have been cancelled in the world.  This would be my sons first spring hunt and we've been looking forward to youth weekend on our lease all winter so it would be a real bummer.  We've even planned on camping out to avoid the human contact in the hotel we typically stay at.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rattler said:

There is no reason to cancel opening day for trout or turkey.  Outdoor activities are encouraged as long as "social distancing" can be observed.  Both sports can adhere to such standards.

Ever been to Naples Creek on 4/1??

• Like 2

Fishing around my area has decreased over the yrs.

Used to be no where to park on opening day near the easy to access points.  Now might see one or two cars.

Gets a little more busy the day they stock thought.

24 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

No reason it should be cancelled. Its even more solitary than fishing is. I just hope NYC doesnt get placed into even more restrictions that force me to stay home from going into the woods

Would NYC. restrictions be placed on the rest of the state?  Just could be a possibility with our governer. I liked to say a lot more, but now isn't the time. All must band together to fight this virus.