Turkey loads

Cory

I got laid off today officially and It looks like I’m going to have some extra time on my hands and will actually be able to hunt this year. I’m starting to get stuff together and I don’t have any ammo! With all the stores being closed it’s going to be hard to find. So my question is does Wally World still sell ammo?

My Walmart (oneonta) sells ammo but the shelves are bare. Asked the owner of sportsman adventures about ammo  said he was cleaned out. Gun stores in ny are not considered essential business and are closed. Online may have some ammo but many are cleaned out also unless it's an off calber. Try budsgunshop.com they have some ammo and ship to ny.

Edited by Engraver99

21 minutes ago, Cory said:

I got laid off today officially and It looks like I’m going to have some extra time on my hands and will actually be able to hunt this year. I’m starting to get stuff together and I don’t have any ammo! With all the stores being closed it’s going to be hard to find. So my question is does Wally World still sell ammo?

Where are you located Cory?  I can spare a box or two.  

12 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Not true surprisingly. 

We have been delivering to them more than ever actually (Fedex) 

With that being said, call around because demand for ammo is high. 

Oops I'm bad...was relying on this article https://www.nny360.com/news/publicservicenews/gun-shops-close-amid-cuomo-s-business-restrictions-during-coronavirus/article_be8c015a-2400-51a5-95fe-f81cc2c8f7c8.html

same problem here, no ammo Walmart’s shelves are empty and my gun club closed so I couldn’t pattern it if I had it...

update...I lied, just called field and stream in Latham, NY. There doing curb inside pick up. Just gotta get someone to answer the phone :)

Edited by Liquidonyx

5 minutes ago, Liquidonyx said:

same problem here, no ammo Walmart’s shelves are empty and my gun club closed so I couldn’t pattern it if I had it...

update...I lied, just called field and stream in Latham, NY. There doing curb inside pick up. Just gotta get someone to answer the phone :)

I stopped there couple weeks ago, they froze ammo sales til April 1st.  Maybe tomorrow they'll sell again but I doubt it.  I ordered some from Able Ammo last Tuesday, haven't gotten a shipping notification yet though.

15 minutes ago, Liquidonyx said:

I called American Traders, they only had 3 1/2’s if anyone needs those. 

If you find some shells, and need to pattern, give me a shout.  Plenty of room at my place to shoot. 

I'll see what I've got, but IIRC, I was getting low last spring.  

Edited by mowin

After reading all the comments I checked my ammo box. I have 18 Winchester XR's in 12ga. 3 1/2" #4's. Same gun, same choke and same shells I've shot for past three seasons. No need to do any more patterning. Just go hunt. Very lucky this year that I did all that previously. Good luck all.

• Like 4

On 4/1/2020 at 10:54 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

What are you looking for, I’m sure if I looked in the cabinet i could find you what you’re looking for if it’s a 12ga. I haven’t hunted with a 12 in years but still have all my old shells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...I’ve got a Remington 870, and a new choke that I haven’t patterned. F&S isn’t doin curbside ammo. Gunbroker isn’t getting back to me. If you’ve got some ammo I’d happy buy some from you.

6 minutes ago, Liquidonyx said:

So...I’ve got a Remington 870, and a new choke that I haven’t patterned. F&S isn’t doin curbside ammo. Gunbroker isn’t getting back to me. If you’ve got some ammo I’d happy buy some from you.

He's going to need to know 3 or 3.5”