Parks Update

NY STATE PARKS UPDATE 

1nystate-parks-logo-lock-up-3-lines-350_original.png

March 30, 2020 

#RecreateLocal

Recreating Responsibly During the Covid-19 Outbreak 

Parking: To encourage physical social distancing at popular parks, trailheads, and scenic areas, State Parks will reduce the number of available parking spaces on high visitation days

Playgrounds, Athletic Courts and Sporting Fields: All State Park playgrounds, athletic courts, and sporting fields are CLOSED.

Early Season Camping and Pavilion/Shelters: Due to the global health crisis, all campgrounds, cabins, cottages, and pavilions/shelters are CLOSED to visitation through April 30. All visitors with reservations will be issued a full refund.

Camping Reservations and Pavilion/Shelter Reservations: New York State has suspended all new camping, cabin and cottage and pavilion/shelter reservations for the 2020 season until further notice.

Entrance Fees: All entrance fees have been waived

Events: All public programming and events have been canceled until further notice

https://parks.ny.gov/covid19/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

3 hours ago, grampy said:

I wonder about state boat launches? Staying open? Waived launch fees?

Most I go to around me (Oneida Lake, Cayuga State Park, Sampson State park, etc) are all no charge at this time of year anyway, usually dont start charging until around the beginning of may.

• 1 month later...

NEWS FROM STATE PARKS

1nystate-parks-logo-lock-up-3-lines-350_original.png
Update on Park Operations During COVID-19

May 1, 2020 

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent.govdelivery.co

State Parks Reminds Visitors That Social Distancing Measures Are In Effect

The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (State Parks) reminds visitors that measures to reduce park density and maintain social distance are in effect. Visitors should be familiar with social distancing guidelines when visiting the outdoors and have an alternative plan ready if they arrive at a park that has reached capacity or appears crowded.

State Parks has reduced the number of available parking spaces, and many parks will close to incoming traffic by noon. Illegally parked vehicles will be ticketed and may be towed.

For the safety of all visitors, please wear a face covering when you cannot maintain social distance.

Please recreate locally, practice social distancing, and use common sense to protect yourself and others.

For further information on the status of State Parks facilities during the pandemic, visit: parks.ny.gov

button-park-updates-covid_original.png

We appreciate your support and patience as we navigate this pandemic together. Thank you. 

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent.govdelivery.co

New York Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation Logo

I don’t know how to copy the email I just got from the DEC but it full of good info this is just a piece about there boat launches:
Boat Launches and Marinas: Marinas and boat launch sites are open where conditions allow. Call the park or regional office directly for current status;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk