You don't need a bump stock

11 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Just light a pack of firecrackers if you're just trying to hear noise because lord knows you ain't hitting shit like that.

Yes and no . My buddy has a bump stock on his AK , at first yes it’s somewhat wild , but like anything with practice things come together, after awhile it’s just like shooting a full auto . 

Split-Ear, I forget to ask if you understand the concept of "cover fire"?

I see these types of things from a defensive point of view.  Other's assume it's for offense.  It's a tool.  The hands that use it determine it's morality.

46 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I see these types of things from a defensive point of view.  Other's assume it's for offense.  It's a tool.  The hands that use it determine it's morality.

I don't really want to engage with you on this Rattler. You obviously see a reason for civilians to have this "tool", and I do not. We'll leave it at that.

I don't see anything other than freedom of choice here, without government oppression, where free men decide what they need, unless someone uses it to violate another person's rights. 

As long as you don't think you have the right to tell them they can't have it, we can leave it at that.

• Like 1

I have no use whatsoever for a bump stock and personally think it's a stupid gun accessory.

Although I don't believe I've heard it here, I do cringe when I hear gun owners say "you don't need that". Where does that stop? You don't need an AR-15, you don't need a semi-automatic, you don't need a "high power" rifle, you don't need a sniper scope, you don't need 10 boolets to kill a deah...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I have no use whatsoever for a bump stock and personally think it's a stupid gun accessory.

Although I don't believe I've heard it here, I do cringe when I hear gun owners say "you don't need that". Where does that stop? You don't need an AR-15, you don't need a semi-automatic, you don't need a "high power" rifle, you don't need a sniper scope, you don't need 10 boolets to kill a deah...

Agree 100% . I’m not into AR’s but I have nothing against them. I’m a hand gun guy and I’m sure some feel I don’t need 7 handguns, or even one for that matter. People don’t need 900 plus horsepower cars either but people buy them cause they want them. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

I see it as a heckuva lot of fun!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on the subject of cover fire ,i was never in the military or obviously combat . Is the spray like that the method for cover fire ?   

• Like 1

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on the subject of cover fire ,i was never in the military or obviously combat . Is the spray like that the method for cover fire ?   
Jeremy, what do YOU do when a herd of deer come in ??? If you haven't mastered cover fire you should consider leaving the woods.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Jeremy, what do YOU do when a herd of deer come in ??? If you haven't mastered cover fire you should consider leaving the woods.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Me personally ? I'd miss all of them and leave us short of our 1000 inch goal. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

When you need the enemy to keep their head down so you can advance, you employ cover fire.  Works well against any attackers too.

• Like 2

Just light a pack of firecrackers if you're just trying to hear noise because lord knows you ain't hitting shit like that.

With training it can be very effective, back before I became a cripple and was still running and gunning over seas we would regularly do balloon drills. Staple 3 6” balloons on a target frame up and down and a few inches apart and shoot 3 balloons with a 3 round burst “3 rounds one pull of trigger” at room clearing distances. A fast Rate of fire can be very useful in both offensive and defensive operations. Not to mention it’s a very well proven fact that multiple hits on target in rapid succession greatly improves the effectiveness of a given projectile. Not to get too scientific but if you can put a bullet into tissue that is already expanded from a temporary wound channel the tissue is exponentially less likely to return to normal. This is the reason why double taps “hammered pairs” are so important for self defense training.

On the civilian side I would never have a AR with a bump stock beside my bed for home protection but I like the idea of having one around just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2