My Present To Bizzy

Lawdwaz

Well Tommy today it finally happened, the wallpaper is coming off! 

I know this has been a topic of conversation between you & I over the years but late this afternoon the beginning of the end of my much abhorred kitchen wallpaper started,  The wife and I jumped in and as may know, the hardest part is getting started.  We did and we both feel great about it as should you Tommy. :)

I'll add pics as things progress but there won't be a big rush as there IS no big rush..........I have time on my hands.   :wacko:

The outer layer of paper off......

GjvSKCK.jpg

DozDxv1.jpg

Hard to see but behind the fridge is where I started,  the paper and backing is off and looks pretty good, so far.  The "white" area to the left of the door jamb is ready for primer I think.  The are in "brown" is the paper backing, ready for scoring and the soaking with the douche solution in the upcoming days.  Stay tuned!!!

Happy Birthday Bizzy!!  LOL

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Of all the house hold chores , stripping wallpaper is at the bottom of my list .

They can stick that ,paper tiger ,where the sun don’t shine .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Of all the house hold chores , stripping wallpaper is at the bottom of my list .

FUGG YES!

My arthritis is going to be screaming tomorrow.  My hands are chicken chow mein after scraping that stuff today, I think I need tomorrow off? :)

You take tomorrow off , I’m going shooting and shed hunting .

This week end , pulling a carpet and showing / helping daughter and fiancé how to paint a room properly.

The arthritis in my feet hurt , just watching TV some nights.....

Edited by Nomad

23 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I spent a summer working with a wallpaper guy , dawn dish soap and water from a spray bottle is all we ever used to take old paper down , quick coat of primer and new paper over that.

Hmmmmmm

I to am glad the misses doesn't frequent this site! She has mentioned that she believes it's time to paint the liv rm and dining rooms. Last time we/I painted it, it got painted 3x! Someone kept changing her mind as to what color it should be. I honestly can not do that again. 

Larry, glad to see that paper coming down. Get er done!

• Like 1