Gun Broker

I did a search here on the forum and it seems a lot of you guys have used gunbroker.com with great success. I've been browsing that site for a specific gun and stumbled upon a different gun at a great price. Only thing that has me a bit worried is the seller has only 5 reviews and they are all from the same person all in January of 2020 and the seller only has 9 listings right now all of the same make and model of gun (different serial numbers). 

I would think gunbroker.com checks the sellers out so it's not as wild as say ebay but maybe they don't. They do have a buyers protection plan but it's a $100 deductible and the gun I'm looking at is only $250 so I would only get $150 back and be out $100. 

What are your thoughts? 

• Like 1

What are you looking for Jason?  Maybe someone here has specific knowledge of that firearm OR has one?????
PM me if you want......

The gun I’m really looking for is a Ruger SR9 with the stainless slide. I fell in love with that gun a couple of years ago and they just recently stopped making it so it’s getting hard to find and of course now I have some play money to spend on it.

The gun I spotted on gunbroker is an Honor Defense Honor Guard HG9SC. They are a pretty new company. Veteran owned and all American made parts. From what I’ve read they had some issue when they first started out but have since figured those issues out and they really make a nice gun. I have a friend that purchased one about a year ago and he’s had no issues with it and he puts a lot of ammo through his guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Moho81 said:

The gun I’m really looking for is a Ruger SR9 with the stainless slide. I fell in love with that gun a couple of years ago and they just recently stopped making it so it’s getting hard to find and of course now I have some play money to spend on it.

I love my SR9. Do you now if there stopping production on the whole SR series.I've been wanting to pick up an SR22,but have a few other projects going on.

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

I love my SR9. Do you now if there stopping production on the whole SR series.I've been wanting to pick up an SR22,but have a few other projects going on.

Yes the entire SR series has been discontinued its being replaced with the American series. The American Series is suppose to be a big upgrade over the SR Series. 

In my search for a SR9 I have seen a lot of SR22's available but that probably wont last long. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I don’t think you have a whole lot of protection as either the buyer or seller on GB and that seller sounds squirrelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Copy that, Staying away from that purchase. 

33 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Lots of other great options in a 9mm without breaking the bank 

I agree with that. Probably the front runner would be the M+P Shield. Springfield XD series is also pretty good. The good/bad thing is right now gun prices are a bit high and this is a want vs. a need so I can wait it out to purchase a different 9mm. I'll continue to look for that SR9 though. 

10 hours ago, Moho81 said:

The American Series is suppose to be a big upgrade over the SR Series. 

I've had my SR9 for 8 years and can think of one thing i'd want changed.Not one jam up or fail to fire and I rip 500rds. a month through it.

I've had my SR9 for 8 years and can think of one thing i'd want changed.Not one jam up or fail to fire and I rip 500rds. a month through it.

I’ll make ya a deal. I’ll buy your SR9 off you this way you can buy the SR22.

• Haha 1