Opening day!

Nytracker

42 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?

Just some wisdom 
This is not in any means directed  at anybody . If it's legal and you want to keep  fish to eat  then do so .

Most of our streams are "put and take", but we do have some smaller gems where I wont kill a fish

Most of our streams are "put and take", but we do have some smaller gems where I wont kill a fish

Of course you won’t....ya gotta get there first!!!!
Poor sod sitting there all ready like a 16 year old dressed in his tux waiting on the couch for his prom date!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Of course you won’t....ya gotta get there first!!!!
Poor sod sitting there all ready like a 16 year old dressed in his tux waiting on the couch for his prom date!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the first time hes waited around in rubber pants for someone he met on the internet

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just heard from nephew.  BIL and  nephew  fished Catherine's  creek. Said people were fishing before day break jumped in the hole they were waiting at and were snagging . They moved to another spot only to have teenagers  booting fish . He is bummed.  I reminded him that a fly fisherman's time has just begun and fishing will get better for us .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

No fair suiting up before we get to the stream!! Is there no decorum left in this world?!

One of my fishing buddies used to have a rod all rigged up and was casting while i was parking the truck and trailer.  Rude!  lol   or maybe sly as he caught some northerns doing that a couple of times....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nytracker said:

The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?

Just some wisdom 
This is not in any means directed  at anybody . If it's legal and you want to keep  fish to eat  then do so .

there are some interesting studdies on the survival rate of a trout when not handled properly (photos and how they're handled) where the mortality is kinda high. Not disagreeing with you, but something to consider. 

https://www.luckytacklebox.com/blogs/fishing-tips/8-tips-to-properly-handle-trout

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

Just heard from nephew.  BIL and  nephew  fished Catherine's  creek. Said people were fishing before day break jumped in the hole they were waiting at and were snagging . They moved to another spot only to have teenagers  booting fish . He is bummed.  I reminded him that a fly fisherman's time has just begun and fishing will get better for us .

booting fish?

39 minutes ago, Belo said:

there are some interesting studdies on the survival rate of a trout when not handled properly (photos and how they're handled) where the mortality is kinda high. Not disagreeing with you, but something to consider. 

https://www.luckytacklebox.com/blogs/fishing-tips/8-tips-to-properly-handle-trout

Didn’t read but stockers will be blown out to Lake Ontario in a week. Fish don’t hold over. Kill a few and eat em   Native fish should be handled gently and put back imo 

Yup I see it all the time . Guys man handle fish drag them through the mud ... 5 minute picture sessions then plunk back into the water .

Some fish will die . But through education  people could learn to handle them properly. We use to teach that in tu fly fishing classes. 

In the end its about respecting the fish .

21 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Didn’t read but stockers will be blown out to Lake Ontario in a week. Fish don’t hold over. Kill a few and eat em   Native fish should be handled gently and put back imo 

i still eat those we catch out in the lake though. so if they're not going to make it, eat em. especially now haha.

• Like 1

The crowds on the rainbow streams are not my cup of tea.. My partner and I fished 3  streams today and never saw another fisherman OR a boot track..Between us we caught 8 wild ( or perhaps holdovers that ran up from the main stream)  browns from 10 to 16 inches...

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

The crowds on the rainbow streams are not my cup of tea.. My partner and I fished 3  streams today and never saw another fisherman OR a boot track..Between us we caught 8 wild ( or perhaps holdovers that ran up from the main stream)  browns from 10 to 16 inches...

Sounds like a good day