Drop away rest

Red

On 4/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, ATbuckhunter said:

I have the cheap one and i have no complaints with it. Been using it for 10 years 

I have the inexpensive (subjective) QAD Hunter on my bow too.  I'm not the best shot (lower percentile in my class at the Academy) but did manage to kill three deer with it during the 2019 archery season.

• Like 5

Are we splitting hair here? Shoot what makes you comfortable is my motto!! When I kill Deer it’s cuz I made a good shot! When I don’t it’s probably cause my whisker biscuit was gummed up or my range finder was running low on battery or the wind changed or the wind blew or it didn’t or the corn pile grew a fungi or huntingNy app went off or my huntingny shirt didn’t arrive.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not difficult. Melt cord end to a point to feed it through with a small pick or paperclip to pull it from the center hole of the end cap. Honestly I've tossed the clamp right on strings directly. Doesnt seem to cut strings or move. Fine tuning and all that the clamp is easier to deal with in my mind versus leaving wiggle room at rest knob with other end served into cable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I meant to say it's NOT terribly difficult, sorry. Just takes a little patience

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

Are we splitting hair here? Shoot what makes you comfortable is my motto!! When I kill Deer it’s cuz I made a good shot! When I don’t it’s probably cause my whisker biscuit was gummed up or my range finder was running low on battery or the wind changed or the wind blew or it didn’t or the corn pile grew a fungi or huntingNy app went off or my huntingny shirt didn’t arrive.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget about the sun, the sun was probably in your eyes or it was behind you casting a bad shadow that caused the arrow to change direction mid flight. I've seen it happen!!!!!

• 1 month later...

On QAD Hunter issues:

I have a QAD Hunter drop rest.  The other day, and in preparation for a Western hunt, I upped the draw weight on my bow, and the fletching started hitting the rest, leaving marks on the fletching undersides right at the rest's "U" points.  The contact also put a funky wobble on the arrow at close yardages, before it could balance out.  Today, I adjusted the timing cable, loosening it a 16th of an inch, and the arrow no longer contacts the rest, and the arrow flies like a dart again. 

I've had the QAD since I bought the bow (my first) almost 6 years ago.  I had it adjusted once, before I knew what I was doing, and made the second adjustment this morning.  Otherwise, the rest has worked well for me, and I haven't "needed" to replace it, just tinker with it.  A friend has already had to replace his whisker biscuit that he bought new around the same time because of wear in the whiskers.  Something to consider...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...