Off-Center Sighting

Deleted Account

So, I've obviously been using this down time to overthink things. The bow I recently purchased came with vertical sights, and I honestly can't say I love them. Sure, the 10-20 pin is fine, but as you move up the scale, I find that it's hard to see.

Now, I know the simplest answer is to go back to a standard (horizontal?) pin sight. However, I've been wondering about off center sighting. Similar to placing the front sight of a rifle just below your desired poi, what about sighting just to the right of the target with the sight pin? It also seems like it could help a little at further distances where the pin covers the target.

Could be a stupid idea, but it wouldn't be my first, and certainly won't be my last. Does anyone do this? I

So, I've obviously been using this down time to overthink things. The bow I recently purchased came with vertical sights, and I honestly can't say I love them. Sure, the 10-20 pin is fine, but as you move up the scale, I find that it's hard to see.
Now, I know the simplest answer is to go back to a standard (horizontal?) pin sight. However, I've been wondering about off center sighting. Similar to placing the front sight of a rifle just below your desired poi, what about sighting just to the right of the target with the sight pin? It also seems like it could help a little at further distances where the pin covers the target.
Could be a stupid idea, but it wouldn't be my first, and certainly won't be my last. Does anyone do this? I
It's way easy enough to gang adjust the whole thing and move it back. Try it out. Keep track of clicks or how much you move it however it makes sense so you can get right back to zero with little sighting in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 4/1/2020 at 4:30 PM, Splitear_Leland said:

Creates an angle that will vary at distance.   Not a good Idea.   But try it and confirm for yourself.  

15 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I ditched the online sight, I just couldn't get used to it.

I like vertical pins but they do block a lot of the target if you are shooting multiple vertical pins past 40yds.   For hunting it wouldn’t make a difference to me as I don’t shoot deer that far.   

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2