Living With Regret

2 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

This is why I never sell guns. Every time I buy one, its to keep for life. Only time id sell one is if i really dont like it

Same here.  If I buy a gun, it won't be going anywhere.  If I ever need to sell a gun to have money to buy another one, then I probably shouldn't be getting another one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’ve bought and sold hundreds, still have a way more than I’ll ever need. I buy guns for 2 reasons, to make money or to keep. Keep ones don’t get sold, money makers go as soon as I find a buyer. Problem is I buy way more to keep than I do to sell. Now that person to person sales are illegal without an FFL it’s taken a lot of fun out of the buying and selling game so I don’t do it nearly as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting in that I have bought and sold a considerable amount also and sold exactly one ever FTF. Everything else on line via forum and gun selling sites. Even traded one towards most of a hunt in Spain; Biz would approve, it was a Weatherby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

Same here.  If I buy a gun, it won't be going anywhere.  If I ever need to sell a gun to have money to buy another one, then I probably shouldn't be getting another one.

Jeez, you make it out as some religious or love thing?   It's just an object, it can't (except for my old .280) love you back.

• Like 2

Interesting in that I have bought and sold a considerable amount also and sold exactly one ever FTF. Everything else on line via forum and gun selling sites. Even traded one towards most of a hunt in Spain; Biz would approve, it was a Weatherby.
You never sell your Weatherbys! Everyone knows those get buried with you!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Funny, like Pygmy mentioned above, I regret NOT buying a few.  An old cogger I got to be friendly with had a bunch of guns and I did buy two;  A 12ga Winchester Model 21 and an Ithaca 20ga sxs.  I don't recall much about the grade on the Ithaca but it was engraved and had a beautiful beaver tail forend.  I spent about 500 clams to have it fluffed and buffed by an old Ithaca Gun Company 'smith, A.R Hammond.  It was a beauty, I kept it for ten years or so hunting pheasants and such before I traded it for......yea, I don't recall.  The Model 21 was a 3 digit serial number gun in 85% I'd guess.  I gave that to dad and he used it for duck & goose (with bismouth shot) and pheasant.  He sold that a number of years ago too.

What I regret though, is the REST of the guns the guy had.  I didn't look that close but (don't be pissed at me) he did have a very nice Winchester 94 and an old S&W revolver among other pieces.  The revolver hung in a holster on a gun belt from a door knob in his pantry.  The 94 was behind another door......

The man's name was Bill Coarse, deceased probably 20 years at least now.  He wanted me to buy more but I blew my wad on the two doubles and like Dan above, I was young and had a wife and one child.  Oh well, absolutely no problem.  I've scored lots of other good gun deals, more than I deserve.  

I'll be dipped!!

Here is the original Remington 700 KS LH .280 from the mid-late 80's, just prior to the ones I had.  Mine had a flat black bolt and matte black finish on the barrel & action, this one has a jeweled bolt and gloss finish on the metal.  It's a fair starting price, it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863775130

I'll be dipped!!
Here is the original Remington 700 KS LH .280 from the mid-late 80's, just prior to the ones I had.  Mine had a flat black bolt and matte black finish on the barrel & action, this one has a jeweled bolt and gloss finish on the metal.  It's a fair starting price, it'll be interesting to see where it goes.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863775130
Lefty interesting.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Jeez, you make it out as some religious or love thing?   It's just an object, it can't (except for my old .280) love you back.

I think my wood stock Blaser is suspicious of the Jarrett and I have to keep them on opposite sides of the safe; so they don't find out I cheat on both of them.:mosking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Absolutely nothing to do with religion or love.  I have no interest in selling any of them  I've bought only what I need and could use, so there are none i care to sell.  And If for any reason I needed another one I don't have to sell any of my old ones to afford the new one, so I consider myself lucky in that respect.  Once they roll me into the grave my family could do whatever they want with them, even dump them into the river if they want.  Not like I'll worry about it then.  LOL

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Absolutely nothing to do with religion or love.  I have no interest in selling any of them  I've bought only what I need and could use, so there are none i care to sell.  And If for any reason I needed another one I don't have to sell any of my old ones to afford the new one, so I consider myself lucky in that respect.  Once they roll me into the grave my family could do whatever they want with them, even dump them into the river if they want.  Not like I'll worry about it then.  LOL

Hey, Good Buddy Steve...I'll send you my address and phone number  so you can  include me in your will, should you be unlucky enough to kick the bucket before I do..    Stay healthy !!...Hey I have a good idea..Why don't you go down to Walmart and KISS a few girls this weekend ??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Hey, Good Buddy Steve...I'll send you my address and phone number  so you can  include me in your will, should you be unlucky enough to kick the bucket before I do..    Stay healthy !!...Hey I have a good idea..Why don't you go down to Walmart and KISS a few girls this weekend ??

OK, send me your address I'll pencil you in.  Don't expect to get any of my turkey calls, however.  Blackbeltbill will be inheriting those.  :)

• Haha 1

The only one I wish I had kept was my first Mossberg 500. It was nothing special but I killed my first few deer with it and later traded it for something stupid.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I had one with the accu choke and sold it for $100, I wish I hadn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 4/1/2020 at 6:01 PM, Swamp_bucks said:

Sold my savage .270 in 2009 to buy my daughters crib.  Only gun I wish I never sold.   At least it went for something good.

At least yours went for something good.  I sold my M1A when I got behind on property taxes.  Life happens.  Should've sold the house. :(