Shotgun Optics.

mowin

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

HA--  Don't think so.  If they pop on off-- no Problem.  I will try both shotguns out at the next Clay Pigeon gtg.  My Target on a Gobbler is always ( Mid Neck)-- always  Mid Neck. Never the Gobblers Head. So the Fiber obtics should work out. My upcoming pics of a Dead Gobbler will prove it " if", I am able to hunt. Cuomo may be the next Gov to shut down Public Lands.

I'll be interested to see how  your new beads shoot to point of aim....I see you have a rib on one of your guns....I have a couple of fiberoptic beads that attach to a rib...If they would fit  your gun  I would send you one to try..easy install... What is the width of your rib ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

I wish they made more turkey barrels for semi-auto and pump guns that had the cantilever style scope mounts, like many slug barrels have.  To me they make the most sense, but it doesn't seem like there are too many out there being made for many popular shotguns.  If you have the scope or red dot mounted above the receiver or with one of those side saddle mounts what are the odds that your gun will remain in zero if you remove the barrel for cleaning?  That set up doesn't give me a lot of confidence, thus I've stuck to the plain front and center bead open sights.  At least the gun will shoot where I'm aiming, and if I miss I will have no one to blame but myself.

I saw that Midwest gun works sells the canterlever scope mounts as an separate part.

I would imagine that it would be something a gunsmith would have to install. It was like 70 bucks.

• Like 1

I wish they made more turkey barrels for semi-auto and pump guns that had the cantilever style scope mounts, like many slug barrels have.  To me they make the most sense, but it doesn't seem like there are too many out there being made for many popular shotguns.  If you have the scope or red dot mounted above the receiver or with one of those side saddle mounts what are the odds that your gun will remain in zero if you remove the barrel for cleaning?  That set up doesn't give me a lot of confidence, thus I've stuck to the plain front and center bead open sights.  At least the gun will shoot where I'm aiming, and if I miss I will have no one to blame but myself.

I have a Hastings for a 12ga 870. They don’t make it anymore, 20” rem choke cantilever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, mike103 said:

I saw that Midwest gun works sells the canterlever scope mounts as an separate part.

I would imagine that it would be something a gunsmith would have to install. It was like 70 bucks.

Steve.....I have used a B-Square  cantilever  on my 11-87 for several years.. It attaches firmly and easily to your ventilated rib and is attached to the barrel, so if you remove the barrel it should retain its zero....I switch barrels often because I also use the gun for waterfowl hunting  with a 28" bbl....It is always a good idea to check the zero after changing barrels, but mine usually does not move, since the scope mount is securely attached to the BBL..

• Like 1