Shine

Chef

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Obviously I’m not looking for anyone to incriminate themselves but I may know someone who is in the market for a beginner set up and was curious if anyone has any input

He is thinking about something like this

https://moonshinestills.com/products/10-gallon-copper-moonshine-still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Obviously I’m not looking for anyone to incriminate themselves but I may know someone who is in the market for a beginner set up and was curious if anyone has any input

He is thinking about something like this

https://moonshinestills.com/products/10-gallon-copper-moonshine-still

I almost purchased a very similar set up a few years back but the fine print read “made in China” - they use some less than stellar metals in their products(rumor has it) . So I bailed:

I’m following this for sure but I really want to see the DIY shiners (private production/consumption is not illegal) no different than home brewers or stomping your own grapes or making dandelion wine.

I almost purchased a very similar set up a few years back but the fine print read “made in China” - they use some less than stellar metals in their products(rumor has it) . So I bailed:

I’m following this for sure but I really want to see the DIY shiners (private production/consumption is not illegal) no different than home brewers or stomping your own grapes or making dandelion wine.

Nice I will have to double check where it is made there is one company called north Georgia still or something like that that has a similar product but it’s 1k

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I don’t but my Uncle Jessie is a legend in the game, and my cousins Bo and Luke have distribution experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you saying your former name was Daisy?  Not that there is anything wrong with that.   But do you happen have any Jean shorts....

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I may or may not know someone who may or may not make shine . He may or may not use an electric one because you just set it and forget it . He may or may not have each operation on a timer so that each step is quick and easy. 

Would that person you may or may not know think this is overkill?

https://north-georgia-still-company.myshopify.com/collections/distillers-kits/products/10-gallon-distillers-kit

1 minute ago, Chef said:

https://north-georgia-still-company.myshopify.com/collections/distillers-kits/products/10-gallon-distillers-kit

If I had to guess ,I would say his may or may not do a couple gallons at a time. I think that would get you a couple quarts of 100 proof . I believe he may or may not mix it with distilled water til the proof is between 80 and 90 . Then it may or may not get flavor added so that it may or may not be served over ice or shared over a buck harvest. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

If I had to guess ,I would say his may or may not do a couple gallons at a time. I think that would get you a couple quarts of 100 proof . I believe he may or may not mix it with distilled water til the proof is between 80 and 90 . Then it may or may not get flavor added so that it may or may not be served over ice or shared over a buck harvest. 

This seems like a good friend of yours.  Unofficial Shine of the Academy. 

• Like 1

Sorry I’m no help here. I can’t get daisy duke out of my head. I’m thinking of cutting one of mrs bundys old pants down real short and making her wear it.  Lucky for me I know where the nearest hospital is.  

im also not thinking about booze this morning. I cracked open a bottle of my mead last night. It’s so good, until the morning. 

Chef where is your “friend” located? My still is just hanging out idle. 

• Like 1

Sorry I’m no help here. I can’t get daisy duke out of my head. I’m thinking of cutting one of mrs bundys old pants down real short and making her wear it.  Lucky for me I know where the nearest hospital is.  
im also not thinking about booze this morning. I cracked open a bottle of my mead last night. It’s so good, until the morning. 

Dam man, I would imagine that hang over from mead would be an ass kicker!

My friend is located in rockland county. What do you have for a still!

Dam man, I would imagine that hang over from mead would be an ass kicker!

My friend is located in rockland county. What do you have for a still!

Talk about explosive shit...
this is my still. My grandfather gave it to me somewhere around 1990. I never did get it going. But with lots of idle time now I half thought about it. 

007AD3B9-D9F3-4320-A6D6-99BA86E27E92.thumb.jpeg.fa6bb3b2e2300e3b4456108c2ccd2971.jpeg
6378F3A9-2AA7-4EC9-A100-87E69DB64A21.thumb.jpeg.6d7c8048f1023a424520b677572dcafd.jpeg

I think you need to get it going!!!! Why not run a batch of mead through it? My friend can buy his own you should give that one a whirl.

You should definitely get this one...that way all I have to do is sneak it over the TZ bridge!!!