Cuomo taking ventilators & Ppe’s from upstate

rob-c

King Cuomo is using the national  guard to go to upstate hospitals and take unused ventilators and Ppe’s to use in the city. 

Robing Peter to pay Paul basically , I don’t know how I feel about this. I don’t want to see people die or a health care worker get the virus because of not having the equipment . But my sons a nurse at U of R and we do have cases here upstate. So what happens when or if we run short. 

What’s your thoughts ? 

I think Cuomo is a terrible Governor and lacks leadership skills, so decisions like this are to be expected when he never prepared for such an event, ever after the H1N1 virus depleted most supplies and he was advised they were in short supply.  Spending money on medical supplies didn't buy him any votes, so it wasn't done.

He's a great politician though, able to convince people to vote for him, even though he lacks everything you would want in a leader, except the silver tongue that can turn lies into roses.

Right now, he must work with what he has, due to his own mismanagement, and that means playing God, which he must thoroughly enjoy, in order to save face and keep his supporters convinced he's a hero who cares about saving lives. 

Those are my thoughts.

Even one of his usual boot-lickers in Erie County has responded with a no.Polancarz states that all units are being used and won't be sending any downstate.I am sure Andy won't be happy with his democrat subordinates deny his requests.:clapping:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

As Trump brought out-- Cuomo had a chance just a few years back to buy Ventilators at a reduced price and the Gov Balked at it...  

Watch out.  You're about to be accused of spreading fake news.

This is what I don’t get,, you people bitch when he says he’s going to seen people upstate. Now he says give me the equipment and we will send it down state and you still bitch. You will just bitch at anything he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I dont get is he is giving ultimatums we can spread the virus  more by sending infected people upstate .. or we can  take the equipment downstate and let people upstate contract the virus. 

Let the healthcare workers  contract the virus ... with no way to  save them because  he took everything  down state

....  there is no front line anymore ...

He missed the boat on containment .

Yet he   still half ass managing things for his core groups benafit . To hell with the people that wont fall inline to his political  aspersions. 

Once again western ny ...upstate...  sucks hind tit to what he believes is the greater good for the city.

• Like 3

Lets make it a bit more personal:

Your neighbor has COVID and will surely die without a ventilator;

You don't have COVID yet, but have a ventilator;

Are you giving the ventilator to your neighbor?

I think you take care of the sick that need it now and do the best you can to address needs as they arise but denying someone that has the need now knowing they will die so that you are prepared for what may come or even will come is not something I could do.

AND BY THE WAY, I AM NOT A CUOMO FAN.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 5

Ok ... my wife works in a small hospital . They have 2 ventilators at the hospital. They were told on Friday  that the state  wants both of them. Oh and as well they want all the masks and gowns  that they have . Just keep enough for a week of rationing. 

Not taking into consideration that they have multiple  people in ICU with covid 19. One of the ventilators is being used. 

And  after a week we will try to get supplies  to you as you need it .

Should they pull the person on the ventilator  let them die so we can send it to the city... are they going to pull a ventilator off a person in the city  send it up here to save my family member or neighbor .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I think you take care of the sick that need it now and do the best you can to address needs as they arise but denying someone that has the need now knowing they will die so that you are prepared for what may come or even will come is not something I could do.

Amen Moog, I sorta feel that alot of upstate people are removed from reality. Are you all watching TV, are most of you that heartless? Living it everyday and seeing the death everyday here in the city,  having friends and family in the NYPD , FDNY and health field, I can tell you that most of you upstaters sound like selfish little brats. I'm sorta ashamed now being a part of a group that would actually agree to withhold medical equipment for those in dire need NOW!!! Wow is all I can say.  I can go on and on with people, family I know that have contracted and or died. I just can't believe the selfish mentality of some of you upstaters.  What an embarrassment to the hunting community. Not a fan of Cuomo but atleast he trying to do the right thing by getting ventilators where thier needed now.  Stay safe and i pray for all of you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Ok ... my wife works in a small hospital . They have 2 ventilators at the hospital. They were told on Friday  that the state  wants both of them. Oh and as well they want all the masks and gowns  that they have . Just keep enough for a week of rationing. 

Not taking into consideration that they have multiple  people in ICU with covid 19. One of the ventilators is being used. 

And  after a week we will try to get supplies  to you as you need it .

Should they pull the person on the ventilator  let them die so we can send it to the city... are they going to pull a ventilator off a person in the city  send it up here to save my family member or neighbor .

I think taking ventilators from anywhere or person in need is wrong, but if a hospital upstate has a couple or no cases of the virus but yet has 20 ventilators should be able to send some to the city. I do believe things should be done within reason and common sense. But what some are making me believe is that screw the city, just keep all ventilators upstate even if they are not needed. That's the mentality I have issue with. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I see your point but this is not the same as going next door and asking for something back . The chance of the hospitals ever seeing their equipment again are slim to none ,this is a government run operation, not to be confused with an operation that actually involves qualified and competent individuals.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 4

What I dont get is he is giving ultimatums we can spread the virus  more by sending infected people upstate .. or we can  take the equipment downstate and let people upstate contract the virus. 
   Let the healthcare workers  contract the virus ... with no way to  save them because  he took everything  down state
....  there is no front line anymore ...
  He missed the boat on containment .
Yet he   still half ass managing things for his core groups benafit . To hell with the people that wont fall inline to his political  aspersions. 
Once again western ny ...upstate...  sucks hind tit to what he believes is the greater good for the city.

Let’s be clear on this the only one who truly missed the boat here is trump and he still hasn’t got on

2 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

I think taking ventilators from anywhere or person in need is wrong, but if a hospital upstate has a couple or no cases of the virus but yet has 20 ventilators should be able to send some to the city. I do believe things should be done within reason and common sense. But what some are making me believe is that screw the city, just keep all ventilators upstate even if they are not needed. That's the mentality I have issue with. 

Imagine what would be said if upstate was ravaged by this and nyc wasn't.  And NYC hoarded their equipment leaving the rest of state to fend for themselves.  i totally agree with your assessment of the situation.  There is no master plan to sabotage upstate.  The need right now is in nyc and it needs to be addressed.   When the need shifts to upstate it will be addressed as well. 

The notion that King Andy is only catering to his constituents is far from true.  He doesnt need to win the democrat vote in Nyc.  Nyc will vote blue no matter what.   

• Like 2

Thank you! Neither am I but I will way I think he is trying which is more than can be said for others

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Thank you! Neither am I but I will way I think he is trying which is more than can be said for others

You mean to tell me that you honestly believe when erie county needs ventilators that they will give them back even though people there are still using them . There is no way you can believe that.

• Like 3

You mean to tell me that you honestly believe when erie county needs ventilators that they will give them back even though people there are still using them . There is no way you can believe that.

I think they will move any available resource to Erie county in its time of need. That being said Erie county has 720 cases and seems to be growing faster than most upstate counties. He should look at not taking from Erie at this point.

Also this is why people in some of the less effected areas really need to social distance and do their part to allow time for the equipment to make its way back