Cuomo taking ventilators & Ppe’s from upstate

rob-c

Lets make it a bit more personal:
Your neighbor has COVID and will surely die without a ventilator;
You don't have COVID yet, but have a ventilator;
Are you giving the ventilator to your neighbor?
I think you take care of the sick that need it now and do the best you can to address needs as they arise but denying someone that has the need now knowing they will die so that you are prepared for what may come or even will come is not something I could do.
AND BY THE WAY, I AM NOT A CUOMO FAN.

I get that logic if it wasn’t a 100% that we are going to need them. But I’m glad it isn’t my decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Let’s be clear on this the only one who truly missed the boat here is trump and he still hasn’t got on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s be totally clear.  our entire government from state to federal we’re not prepared for this. The states nor federal had the reserves or preparedness for anything on this scale. I only hope they learn and have reserves for next time

• Like 2

No fan of the governor, but no sense in beating Cuomo up over the lack of foresight in not purchasing ventilators a few years ago. It happened, but lets help the people that need the help now. Hospitals, send what equipment you can, and insist on being placed more to the head of the line for ventilator replacement, when they come off the manufacturing line. 

Seems like the best we can do at this time.

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

I think they will move any available resource to Erie county in its time of need. That being said Erie county has 720 cases and seems to be growing faster than most upstate counties. He should look at not taking from Erie at this point.

Also this is why people in some of the less effected areas really need to social distance and do their part to allow time for the equipment to make its way back

It’s easier to social distance up here, unfortunately some will never listen and continue to do as they always have there by spreading it. I had a dude get to close to me this week like we were bro’s, damn near throat punched him. 

Im sure the situation will continue to change daily and there will be something else for folks to complain about or discuss today, tomorrow and next week. 

Let’s be totally clear.  our entire government from state to federal we’re not prepared for this. The states nor federal had the reserves or preparedness for anything on this scale. I only hope they learn and have reserves for next time

Oh I 100% agree but trumps response has been horse shit. I’m not going to argue this with people it’s pointless but as someone who voted for him he has failed us

• Thanks 1

Trump has made it very clear; each state will make it's own decisions. Can we help it that New York has a jackass for a leader.

The fact is each state should not be fending for it self that is fucking retarded. Our president is acting like a buffoon

Love the fact that when somebody  has a different point of view or contradicts somebody's  opinion  on the established  sentiment  people are offended ... ashamed to be associated  with ...so on and so forth ...  You cant argue the facts.

This is a bad time for all. I make no apologies  for what I believe is right or wrong. 

If this was solely a NYC problem I would have no issue sending whatever was needed down their to help. The fact is though upstate and WNY also face the same problem as NYC. NYC is about a week or two weeks ahead of us in the scale of this. So as soon as all the ventilators and PPE’s are taken From here and shipped downstate we will be right in the thick of things with no ventilators or PPE’s to help. That’s why us upstate folk don’t like downstate taking our stuff for the greater good. We also need to be prepared for what’s coming because it is.

No ones life is more important than the next persons I don’t care if you’re from upstate or downstate. Famous or homeless we are all worth the same.

Cuomo himself has been saying we need to be prepared for the worst case. Well if he pulls all of upstates supplies we will no longer be prepared for the worst of it which is just right around the corner.

• Like 5

China via Jack Ma is sending 1100 ventilators to NY. Thanks, Jack  

Oregon is sending 140. Thanks, Gov Brown. 

(Can someone investigate if that is upstate or downstate Oregon? Asking for a friend.)

Meanwhile, Kushner is outbidding states, buying equipment and releasing as he sees fit. Based on his numbers. But a huge amount of the equipment is being sent to distributors who then sell it to the highest bidders among the states. Let that sink in for a bit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1245841458323771393

You want to know who’s making life and death situations for your family? A 39-year-old rich kid who married well. 

This debacle could have been controlled by the emergency powers of the fed gov. “Everybody stop competing against each other, we’ll buy, we’ll distribute, and work out the cost and details later.” But instead you had Trump saying, “we’re not shipping clerks.” That callous statement pitted state against state and added to the chaotic shitshow we’re all dealing with.

A very stable genius.  

The ventilator discussion is just an amplified version of toilet paper hoarding. Sure, I don't need it now, but I don't want someone else to take it and the me need it, so I'd rather have it and not need it than let someone who needs it have it.

Not saying it's right or wrong, I mean I say let them have them of they need them, but I'm not the be-all end-all of right or wrong. The possessive response is a pure fear reaction, nothing but human nature at work.

Edited by Splitear_Leland

No one paid attention to what was happening in Europe.  After all, this was a Chinese virus. 

We had a close friend that was evacuated from Milan, Italy in the early stages of their outbreak.  She came back and clearly had a firm grip as to what was going on.  She was in quarantine for two weeks before anyone knew.   The President and our Governor and our Congress blew it and stuck their heads in the sand like that's not going to happen here.  (Well, there were some member of Congress that knew to sell their stock early so I guess they acted)

I can't fault either of them for not being prepared for a respiratory virus of this scale.  No one on the planet was prepared for this.   I worked several years for a company that made ventilators.  These aren't devices you will be crapping out like face masks.  They are fairly complicated and with dwindling work forces will be even harder to produce.  Some will come quickly but as stock is depleted from work in progress the next ones will come quite a bit slower.

The public transport and schools of NYC should have been shutdown much earlier than it was.  This isn't a Presidential decision, it's in the Governor's arena.  Did the Don make dumb comments and decisions, absolutely but the mass cases in NYC I blame on Andy and Blasio inaction.     Finger pointing now between Andy and Trump is so pointless now.  The horse is out of barn.

NY does have bunkers of supplies and not the warehouse that Andy stands in front of a wall of boxes to do broadcasts from to show how in charge he is in his leather jacket. 

One such bunker is under Albany State University exists three level of basements.  It was built at the height of the Cold War.  It is way beyond just the Civil Defense thing you might have had in your high school.  The students know about the first level of basement as they can use it to access any of the building.  They may even know about the second level of basement which is largely used for storage.  What is really hidden is the last level.  On this level is a medical facility, a commissary,  a TV setup to do broadcasts and more storage of vital supplies although I can't say I ever saw ventilators but there may have been some.   Everything was in cases and boxes.  After 911 this entire setup was refurbished and I haven't seen it after that.

And oh, located next to the University are some of the State government buildings and the NYS police training center and barracks.  I know there's an underground tunnel from the State buildings that leads to this bunker.  There may also be one from the police barracks but I never saw it. 

As a student I worked for university.  I had what was supposed to be a limited master key as part of the job but the key they gave me turn out to be a grand master.  I could get into everything including this bunker but my trips there were short and clandestine.  I'm 99.9% sure I was never supposed to get down there.  The whole set up reminded me of the movie Dr. Strangelove.

NYC isn't the only dense population in the US.  For one, California has LA.  Illinois has Chicago.  This virus has an incubation period so spread is time delayed.  It's really not a question of if, but when more mass cases will appear.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo Has Not Yet Accepted Remington's Offer to Help With PPE, Ventilators...Two weeks ago

Gun manufacturer Remington recently offered the state of New York use of their facilities to help with crucially needed medical supplies for healthcare workers on the frontlines battling the Wuhan coronavirus. The state government has yet to accept Remington's offer.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=281148519579006

Edited by Steve D

12 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Gov. Andrew Cuomo Has Not Yet Accepted Remington's Offer to Help With PPE, Ventilators...Two weeks ago

Gun manufacturer Remington recently offered the state of New York use of their facilities to help with crucially needed medical supplies for healthcare workers on the frontlines battling the Wuhan coronavirus. The state government has yet to accept Remington's offer.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=281148519579006

To accept an offer from Remington would hurt his chances at re election, first and foremost above all else during this time is his future as governor of the state .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farmer 52 said:

If the shoe was on the other foot meaning  upstate and WNY were getting hammered, and downstate was lightly effected, king andy wouldn't give a flying fig.His only interest is mass votes for his azz.

Nyc votes democrat no matter what.  Slap a D next to a name and they won. So why would he try to win them over when he already won them.  Wouldn’t he try to win over places that don’t typically vote dem?  Idk. Maybe im crazy 

12 hours ago, Chef said:

Let’s be clear on this the only one who truly missed the boat here is trump and he still hasn’t got on.

Horse Shit!  This was Obama and Cuomo deciding years ago not to re-supply.  Now they want upstate to bail them out when they were negligent in their duties.  That's being clear.  How short sighted people are.  No long term memory.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

Horse Shit!  This was Obama and Cuomo deciding years ago not to re-supply.  Now they want upstate to bail them out when they were negligent in their duties.  That's being clear.  how short sighted are people are.  no long term memory.

I’m not taking about the ventilator supply I’m taking about the whole issue. Trump needing to be corrected by dr’s on national tv. The fact that we still have states that are not under stay at home. The fact that the other day he is on tv taking about drugs and today the whistle blower.

This guy is a fuckin hack

• Like 1

How about the fact China hid all info for months, the World Health Org said it wasn't contagious, the Democrats were hawking a BS impeachment when they knew about the virus, the media calling Trump xenophobic for trying to close the border to travelers from China and Pelosi ripping up the SOTU speech which had a warning about this virus in it?

Stay at Home is a Governor's power, not the POTUS.  Rule of Law applies.

Your swallowing all of the leftist talking points while ignoring the truth.  Trump is the only one in the entire picture trying to stop this crises.  Everyone else is using it to play partisan political games.

From day one, Trump's opponents have been doing nothing but trying to place the blame for this crises on his shoulders and making the problem worse has been their modus operandi.

Who do you think is doing more to correct this crises, which is about to destroy the economy as well?  Democrats are gleefully hoping all of this prevents Trump's re-election.  If they win in 2020, expect to see this crises used to take away more of your freedom and increase your taxes 10 fold within 4 years.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 5