Cuomo Closing Gunshops To

Steve D

19 minutes ago, mowin said:

My brother lives in Michigan.  They can only go to a grocery store, pharmacy, gas station. Can't go by plants to get his garden going. Can't go see his kids, grandkids. 

But the local government don't mind if you stay home a smoke pot.  

Sounds like it’s the same as everywhere else.  Yes or no?

3 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Nicest Walmart I’ve ever been in.....NT

Don't let it get out to the general public though. 

Agreed 100% I  moved from north buffalo to cheektowaga 18 months ago there's 3 Walmart's nearby one less than 2 miles away I'll still drive to north tonawanda Walmart. 

The only other walmarts that come close to being as nice as the NT Walmart for me are south western and springville.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mowin said:

I can go see my brother, or whomever I want.  

They can't. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1182711

This is just one article I found on the matter.  It laid out the restrictions.  If I’m missing something let me know.  The restrictions sound the same as NY as well as the majority of the country.  I didnt see anything specific about seeing other people, but I was under the assumption that we shouldn’t be going out and gathering with people. We can’t change who we live with under the same roof but for myself, and from what others have said on the forum, nobody is going out to be with other people.  Parents, grandparents, adult children, etc.  

2 hours ago, Belo said:

isn't it though? A few states are shutting down sections of their big box stores, like clothing, toys, electronics, paint etc. I get it. But I also hear that everyone is worried about suicide and domestic violence. So shouldn't I be able to buy arts and crafts, toys, games to keep my kids busy? Shouldn't I be able to buy paint to keep me busy if I'm laid off? Tablets for the kids, printing supplies for working at home? I don't understand the logic here. If walmart is open, let them sell what they have. Shit, you can't even buy vegetable plants. I think it's just MI and VT so far, but Cuomo wouldn't shock me. 

I went by Lowe’s a week or so ago and they had plants out in front of their garden section. Lowe’s was open and I assumed plants were for sale.

38 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1182711

This is just one article I found on the matter.  It laid out the restrictions.  If I’m missing something let me know.  The restrictions sound the same as NY as well as the majority of the country.  I didnt see anything specific about seeing other people, but I was under the assumption that we shouldn’t be going out and gathering with people. We can’t change who we live with under the same roof but for myself, and from what others have said on the forum, nobody is going out to be with other people.  Parents, grandparents, adult children, etc.  

In Michigan, my brother can be fined for going over to his neighbors house even if he was invited. He was told if going to the grocery store, go to the one closest to his house.  If caught going to a different store, he can be fined. He can't walk along the street by himself, can be fined.

It's definitely not like that here. 

Edited by mowin

2 hours ago, Merlot said:

Time for various versions of "million man" march, to protest increased government control over our lives. 

On a serious note, I don't wear a tin foil hat or get too bothered by government control, but I believe it was Virginia that recently shut down a protest of 100 or so people, protesting the social distancing "rules". The police arrested some and said that protesting wasn't essential.

Now, I have my own opinions on those 100 people gathered together in a crowd, but the underlying current here is a little worrisome. This whole thing is beginning to expose some underlying government influence and control issues that we shouldn't just overlook or forget. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If theyd move from "essential/non essential" to "can work safely/cant work safely" a lot more businesses could stay open and maybe the economy wouldnt be a smoking wreck at the end of all this

Three landscapers can plant shrubs ,in the front yard but my nephews  three man crew can’t do hardscape work in the back yard . Daughters BF can’t do hvac work with only one or two guys on each floor . Really ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowin said:

In Michigan, my brother can be fined for going over to his neighbors house even if he was invited. He was told if going to the grocery store, go to the one closest to his house.  If caught going to a different store, he can be fined. He can't walk along the street by himself, can be fined.

I can understand the frustration.   What the hell is the answer then?  People have been told over and over to practice social distancing.  And some people just cant abide by it and then crap like this happens.   It seems like Detroit is the issue.  But if you single out Detroit then your opening up whole other can of worms.  Idk what the answer is. 

1.  Pass laws that eliminate person-to-person gun sales and online ammunition sales

2.  Deem gun shops as non-essential and close them down

Sure sounds like gun control to me. 

How can a law-abiding citizen keep and bear arms if they cannot obtain arms.

1 hour ago, mowin said:

I can understand the frustration.   What the hell is the answer then?  People have been told over and over to practice social distancing.  And some people just cant abide by it and then crap like this happens.   It seems like Detroit is the issue.  But if you single out Detroit then your opening up whole other can of worms.  Idk what the answer is. 

23 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Three landscapers can plant shrubs ,in the front yard but my nephews  three man crew can’t do hardscape work in the back yard . Daughters BF can’t do hvac work with only one or two guys on each floor . Really ?

Exactly. AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON MULCH!!!

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

A gang of state workers can install the new EZ pass sensors over the road to get rid or toll taker jobs too , sounds essential to me. 

I went to my local Gander Outdoors this morning and they were closed to everything but RV sales.  I was just there Monday and it was fully open so I am not sure what changed. 

I am also not sure how RV sales are essential but the camping/hunting supplies are not.