blackbeltbill

4/6/2020- Spring Jake "Adult" Gobbling + Spit+ Drum?? - YES INDEED!!!

At 6.25am this morning, I went outside with some crunched up unsalted,dry roasted Peanuts. My 2 Jakes were on my Lawn already. After a few peanuts- the Larger Jake Strutted and Gobbled 2 feet from me. A PERFECT ADULT GOBBLE!  I then got to witness Spitting + Drumming up close !  Currently only the Boss Jake has Gobbled. His Brother- THE WATCHER is right behind him and looking all around. The Boss Jake also has that Adult " White Head". His Brother - " red". No more Gobbling now-- 6.58am. A good 30 Adult Gobbles were heard.               I guarantee every long time Spring Turkey Hunter here would think this Jake to be a 2 Year old at least. No " half gobbles" at all.                                                       They both ate just a bit before going.   I am naming the Boss Jake " FRED" + his slightly smaller Brother " BARNEY".    Both were standing in a small pond where Frogs have been making a racket. I saw some Beak thrusts downward from both before as well. Try to get another pic up.

That's awesome.  Slightly envious.   

I've got all kinds of birds in the fall, but not a feather to be found in the spring.  1/2 mile or so down the road, and there all over the place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowin said:

That's awesome.  Slightly envious.   

I've got all kinds of birds in the fall, but not a feather to be found in the spring.  1/2 mile or so down the road, and there all over the place. 

I am the last house on a Dead End Road. Get to see plenty.

2 hours ago, Liquidonyx said:

That’s cool stuff right there! 

Thanks! I get to see alot being the last House on a Dead-end Road. I started to feed these 2 Guys around late June when the Brood Hen led her Flock to my Lawn. Only 2 Jakes and the rest were Jennie's.  They all left a few months back and, I had a feeling these 2 would return. Seriously-- alot of people could not find their way back-- lol.

• Thanks 1