Puzzles

Red

I've never been in to puzzles but with being out of work right now I help the kids with school work and play outside with them during the day and the past few nights I worked on this puzzle.

20200408_035434.jpg

20200408_035358.jpg

• Like 6

White Mountain puzzles stopped excepting orders a week or so into this pandemic . They make great puzzles (themes, colors, quality cutting, etc). I’ll send some pics later but our completed puzzles hang in the upstairs hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My wife just spent a small fortune on eBay for puzzles. Her and the girls are doing them continuously, I hate doing them. I don’t have the patience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not really a puzzle guy either ,i can appreciate people who do though ,to sit there and dig through all those pieces .

Puzzles, give me one helluva headache!!!   I'm alone, so my days are weight lifting, washing dishes and cleaning up, computer time, reloading for my firearms, selling Amsoil Products from home, walking  feeding my chickens, taking photos, and some times, zeroing in my rifles to a fine edge.  Maybe catch a show on roku, even though I sleep through it after the first ten minutes.

Coincidentally, this was in the NYT this morning. A look inside one of the largest puzzle makers in the world. They are being swamped right now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/business/coronavirus-jigsaw-puzzles.html

Here's the crazy thing that I didn't know:

Each puzzle piece must be uniquely shaped, to avoid one accidentally fitting into the wrong place. That means 1,000 different shapes for a 1,000-piece puzzle, each drawn by hand by workers. Before a puzzle is cut for the first time, each piece is sketched on a sheet of paper draped over the finished image.

Pieces of metal are then shaped to form an elaborate cookie cutter made just for that jigsaw puzzle; it takes about four weeks to build one. The cutter can be used only a limited number of times before its edges are dulled. It can be resharpened once and must then be discarded. At busy times of the year, the company will go through several cutters a day.