Yee Haw!!!

Lawdwaz

It's great stuff....Fork tender right out of the jar and you have the GRAVY STOCK all made for you...

I love canned venison, canned beef, canned pork, canned chicken....Back when I  had chickens, the bantys would end up hiding a nest or two and come marching out with a bunch of fuzzballs in tow...When the population started to get out of hand, I'd lob off a dozen ( or two dozen) heads and can them up ( the MEAT, not the heads) in quart jars...great stuff... Wish I had a jar right now...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2

It's great stuff....Fork tender right out of the jar and you have the GRAVY STOCK all made for you...
I love canned venison, canned beef, canned pork, canned chicken....Back when I  had chickens, the bantys would end up hiding a nest or two and come marching out with a bunch of fuzzballs in tow...When the population started to get out of hand, I'd lob off a dozen ( or two dozen) heads and can them up ( the MEAT, not the heads) in quart jars...great stuff... Wish I had a jar right now...

You make that sound delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mom canned everything. Fruits, veggies, meats. She did it in times of plenty, to have when things weren't so plentiful.

The meat's always tasted much better than they looked. From beef to venison, squirrel, rabbit, chicken and pork. We were brought up on all that stuff, so it was just normal food to us. And was eaten hungrily!!!

I married a city girl. And mom's been gone for years now. So I haven't had any "canned goods" in a long time.

Great stuff ya got there Larry! Enjoy my friend!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it is delicious.

We'll do a pot of mashed potatoes, some beef gravy from a package and some corn.  I like to put the meat on top of the potatoes then the gravy.  THEM the secret.........pile on some corn.

For some reason a glass or two of red wine just seems fitting with this meal.  :)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Ever try SPAM ?    LOL

I am very fond of fried spam....Just the other day I made myself a grilled spam and cheese sandwich....

Years ago, when I was doing some wilderness hunting trips, I was always in charge of the chow, and I would pack a few cans of spam, just in case we didn't kill meat in the first couple of days...

You should have seen those boys gobble down that fried spam over a camp stove or a campfire after a long day on the tundra...

• Like 1

Just now, Pygmy said:

I am very fond of fried spam....Just the other day I made myself a grilled spam and cheese sandwich....

Years ago, when I was doing some wilderness hunting trips, I was always in charge of the chow, and I would pack a few cans of spam, just in case we didn't kill meat in the first couple of days...

You should have seen those boys gobble down that fried spam over a camp stove or a campfire after a long day on the tundra...

Does it taste like ham.  Looks like it should.