Homemade Brats

2012_taco

4 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I'm at a stand still,I thought I had powdered milk in the pantry, nope. My wife is out shopping and said Wegmans and Aldis neither had any. Hopefully Tops has some or I'm screwed.

Pics coming if I can finish this?

I've substituted whole milk instead of powdered and water.  If recipe calls of 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of powdered milk, I've just put a 1/2 cup of whole milk.  It''l do in a pinch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I've substituted whole milk instead of powdered and water.  If recipe calls of 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of powdered milk, I've just put a 1/2 cup of whole milk.  It''l do in a pinch. 

Recipe calls for powdered milk and milk, I only have skim in the fridge! I might have a can of evaporated milk, maybe that will work?

8 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Recipe calls for powdered milk and milk, I only have skim in the fridge! I might have a can of evaporated milk, maybe that will work?

you wont want to add to much liquid.  I would just add in the skim to cover for the water and the powdered milk like Culver said. 

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

you wont want to add to much liquid.  I would just add in the skim to cover for the water and the powdered milk like Culver said. 

I'd just put the 1/3 cup using evaporated and skip the rest. Brats are pretty dry stuffing. hot dogs are more emulsified and benefit from the powdered milk. it smooths it and binds it.  

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I'd just put the 1/3 cup using evaporated and skip the rest. Brats are pretty dry stuffing. hot dogs are more emulsified and benefit from the powdered milk. it smooths it and binds it.  

actually i would bag the milk and the water and add beer!  lol

• Like 2