The voiceless victims of the COVID-19 crisis

Water Rat

I told my wife a while back that i was gonna rescue a dog from the pound when my 2 aren’t around anymore. She tried to remind me that they are getting old now and its almost time to get that “used” dog. She couldn’t get the words out for pound dog and now i think its the cutest mistake. Sooo, one day i will have a used dog lol

• Like 1

My best buddy was one day from heading to the pound when I got him. I was thinking about getting a dog but didn't say anything about it to anyone. Was thinking a Australian Shepherd or cattle dog or a beagle or a lab.

One of my staff asked if I might be interested in a dog.  She had family that couldn't handle a pup and two little kids and was about to take him to the pound.  And he was 6 months old and half Australian Shepherd and half beagle. And without hesitation I said yes. Wouldn't know what to do without him.  

IMG_20161006_181855308.jpg

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, crappyice said:

SOLD!!! I love my wife but if she can deny that chick a place to stay she must be hiding KGB secrets!!!! Is my daughter sees this she will never speak to her mother again if denied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She or he is yours lololol but you may need another one so it doesnt get lonely.  

Not to hijack the thread but another side effect of the lock in is that domestic abuse and violence has also gone up as a result.

Suicides will skyrocket if people don’t go back to work soon. There’s a study that shows as unemployment rate goes up each 1% another X amount today suicides occur. I forget the numbers, but I want to say they are expecting 20K suicides from This

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Suicides will skyrocket if people don’t go back to work soon. There’s a study that shows as unemployment rate goes up each 1% another X amount today suicides occur. I forget the numbers, but I want to say they are expecting 20K suicides from This

I told my wife that yesterday.  That there's going to be a sky rocket in suicide because people lost jobs,businesses,some people need that person to person interactions and staying inside isnt going to help.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Buffalo SPCA has zero dogs or cats to adopt.  Lots of people adopting to help cure anxiety, loneliness etc.  

I hope those dogs and cats stay adopted when this is all over. Wife and I have been considering a second dog for some time, but have been putting it off until retirement as we are gone for work for so long during the day. Wife is on week four of working from home. It would have been a great time to get a pup introduced to our household. Have my heart set on an English Springer to be a companion to our Maltese.

5 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I think our 13 year old lab is sick of someone being home all day. We are seriously cutting into her all day nap. 

Wife being a vet  already stated when things go back to normal there’s going to be a lot of separation anxiety in dogs. Ours is a dang couch potato sleeping machine . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wife being a vet  already stated when things go back to normal there’s going to be a lot of separation anxiety in dogs. Ours is a dang couch potato sleeping machine . 

About a year ago I set up a WiFi camera to see what she does all day. I pointed the camera right her spot on the couch so as soon as she moved it would send me an alert. 4 out of 5 days a week on average for a few months she never moved a muscle just slept all day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I served 15 years as an Cruelty Investigator, NYS-CCSPCA.  I enjoyed this job, investigated hundreds of cases, a few ended up in court, mostly the owners needed education.  This was a Part-time position that turned into a full-time position.  Our County needs an Investigator but again it all comes back to Money$$$.   The Police and Sheriff's Dept, just don't have enough time to devote to all animal cases.

• Like 1

I served 15 years as an Cruelty Investigator, NYS-CCSPCA.  I enjoyed this job, investigated hundreds of cases, a few ended up in court, mostly the owners needed education.  This was a Part-time position that turned into a full-time position.  Our County needs an Investigator but again it all comes back to Money$$$.   The Police and Sheriff's Dept, just don't have enough time to devote to all animal cases.

And your username isn’t Ace Ventura??! Talk about a swing and miss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro