Hunting Releases

Deleted Account

I use a wrist strap caliper, I actually have 2 exactly the same one I wear out into field and other in my fanny pack/hip quiver.  Had a hand held dropped it 1x in in opportune moment and couldnt retrieve it before target walked in . I like having my hand s free to climb, use calls use phone,ect and it just swings out of way with little chance of dropping. If I do take it off and I drop it, I have 2nd all.set up same way 1lb trigger pull in pack hangingnonntree with my quiver. 

I use a wrist strap with the index finger release as well. I would really like to try a good thumb release so I can rid myself of the annoyance of the wrist strap always being attached to me. At the very least I would change up the wrist strap from being Velcro to some sort of buckle style so I could at least take it off in the woods without letting the entire County know I am doing it. 

• Like 1

wrist strap with a trigger, but its a buckle cause i hate the velcro.  The way i hunt in treestands it works great for me.  I have a shooting rail on each of my stands and my bow lays across that and i can even have my release hooked to the bow while i am sitting there and even have my hands inside a warmer. Just need to draw to shoot.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I use a wrist strap with the index finger release as well. I would really like to try a good thumb release so I can rid myself of the annoyance of the wrist strap always being attached to me. At the very least I would change up the wrist strap from being Velcro to some sort of buckle style so I could at least take it off in the woods without letting the entire County know I am doing it. 

My strap is velcro but I have it where I can slide it on and off without taking it apart. But there are many many  different replacement straps available. 

TRUBall wrist strap with velcro.  I find my fit is always between two buckle notches  and difference if i wear gloves or not.  That is why i prefer the velcro so I adjust to the perfect fit.

Contemplated going with a thumb release but afraid i don't have enough time to adjust and then re-adjust back if by chance I don't like it.

I used a TRU Ball wrist strap with a buckle and caliper for the longest time. PITA to text a buddy because it was strapped over my glove. Tried to strap onto wrist then put on glove but the release hit the phone making noise more than once, plus the glove was less comfortable and it def sacrificed some warmth with the gap it created. I went to a TRU Ball thumb release with a caliper and basically leave it connected to my knock loop while on stand. Much better IMO. I keep the wrist strap in my pack as a back up...just in case. I didn’t have to move my peep or resight tho. Just some practice to find the appropriate anchor point. I have actually found it more accurate with the thumb release as my elbow position has changed from below my anchor to above. 

Get a cheap one and shoot with it. If you like it, consider a better one. If you don’t, keep for emergency purposes. 

43 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I use a Carter too simple thumb release and absolutely love it . I don’t miss that strap clanging on everything one bit . I shoot better with a thumb release. No trigger punching and minimal to zero target panic. @The_Real_TCIIIturned me on to it and haven’t looked back . 

Had I kept my pie hole shut this beast might have another year on himDL7lkF3J57PXYN8zYQSifzyc6zCkRa_r7YjIjcf5ocN6cvmUL6gro5MfwgVLxW3aRk5KaxnVeBaCHMtggo3ZNvkI-kF3RLuv2PudIWDZxvzWEwptxWgaQaiAzvfGozRNuQL0TbvT_yTG2W9bxK7h_FEU5YzAYqjsxsmmFBe87GzWGhcThsjxuMD-squnC8u5Ooa5-Hzm_9qPZocYJznrdB2YXTuGpOssvKJp0iYlkLcvK4IHiKpuKkycwhLbnQBmj1idsld-bMHnW5QQu_RGpA6j6czCpjg--ZDhG1yEwiZgCtVVklQUye7ZCEyTt-JO94O2paB5lpS00P8SqdOO336Ou_iZO7ycT4QsyEvpRRYqSS2313p7JutbF9c3XduGsPE8JDRgY9owlZ0SKDRRt6Na546ONeaXGY8FCWGN4whXfMD4V4uHAtvpV45BSB6iZQ-8YkhoSP7VYbkib_Yib_lqVsQtKB2fKwLPJsoO6TfEfoaDtUWxB6UK-WG3O9l76SNF57eJSJraY0RYKYtfPMdejIpzZudCkAi0YJLrrDYtjptEYwTrXRE42B-y0B4SBHZkraZtd5scxqGdkbQxmK9qLKUG3Lw968euaAY6qAMx4RrXF_7S0Qsdg_cg9rdQPI7rIhPGV0gI2oKnaC7iXFhaTGOPFkThXrX9i3pUsDpqyEljyKL_7LM=w433-h937-no

• Like 2

I've used em all.  Liked the Carter for target.  Hunting I prefer a wrist caliper.  Been using a trufire for many years.  It's a dual release. You can hold the trigger while drawing, and release the trigger to fire, or use it like most releases. For hunting, I use the release method. I shot fingers for so long, releasing the trigger just felt more comfortable.  

The Carter is a different critter all together. Fantastic back tension release. 

https://www.carterenterprises.com/releases/index-finger-trigger/quickie-1-plus

Myself , wife and my son we all shot the carter  . One can change out the springs to set the trigger tension to personal preference. No trigger creep, infinite strap adjustment. 
I have mine set to shoot back tension with it, it really is easy to do once you get the mechanics of it down.