Got My Bow Back

Deleted Account

I dropped my bow off at the local shop yesterday. I wanted to go back to horizontal sights and a Whisker Biscuit. I've been shooting this bow about an inch short, and he happened to have the mods to bring it back to a 30.5 DL, which is pretty much spot on for me.

Had a Custom Bow Equipment Tactic 3 pin and a Whisker Biscuit Kill Shot installed while it was there.

I got it home, and after messing with the gang adjustment at 20 (I'll work on sighting in another day) and taking a pretty good slap on the arm after the DL adjustment, I'd say she's grouping pretty well.

MVIMG_20200410_142546.jpg

MVIMG_20200410_142032.jpg

MVIMG_20200410_142021.jpg

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 5

I dropped my bow off at the local shop yesterday. I wanted to go back to horizontal sights and a Whisker Biscuit. I've been shooting this bow about an inch short, and he happened to have the mods to bring it back to a 30.5 DL, which is pretty much spot on for me.
Had a Custom Bow Equipment Tactic 3 pin and a Whisker Biscuit Kill Shot installed while it was there.
I got it home, and after messing with the gang adjustment at 20 (I'll work on sighting in another day) and taking a pretty good slap on the arm after the DL adjustment, I'd say she's grouping pretty well.
MVIMG_20200410_142546.thumb.jpg.f24c0d22fa4e921ab5babf389c81bde4.jpg
MVIMG_20200410_142032.thumb.jpg.b7bb3669064ab558dc39fe3171ad18a5.jpg
MVIMG_20200410_142021.thumb.jpg.5708521296521eaf8d79202ba2e2b42a.jpg
I did that with my first bow a couple times.70lb draw and a nice 4 inch 3/4 inch raised welt I learned to buy an arm guard lol

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Like 1

Just now, The Jerkman said:

I did that with my first bow a couple times.70lb draw and a nice 4 inch 3/4 inch raised welt I learned to buy an arm guard lol

Call Me The Teflon Don

I had my coat on, but it was a solid enough slap to still get me. Reminded me real quick that I need to watch my bow arm position :) I never had to worry about it when I was shooting the short draw.

• Like 1

I had my coat on, but it was a solid enough slap to still get me. Reminded me real quick that I need to watch my bow arm position I never had to worry about it when I was shooting the short draw.

Oh mine was short sleeves. I was a naive 16 year old

Call Me The Teflon Don

I got string slap when I first bought a compound. I can’t remember who, but someone on this forum suggested I grab the fridge handle or a doorknob and begin to turn it. You’ll see how your arm moves away. Those fractions of inches means no string slap. You shouldn’t need an arm guard. Just tweak your form and you’re good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I got string slap when I first bought a compound. I can’t remember who, but someone on this forum suggested I grab the fridge handle or a doorknob and begin to turn it. You’ll see how your arm moves away. Those fractions of inches means no string slap. You shouldn’t need an arm guard. Just tweak your form and you’re good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that was a standard beer thread post

• Like 1