Kenetrek mountain extremes

fadetoblack188

They're kinda overkill. And top of the line for what they are.

They are hell built for stout to take on steep rough terrain, and sitting in a tree stand or walking the farm ain't rough hunting.

I have some serious mountain boots (Meindl), and I'm thinking most would find them really stiff in the sole. I broke them in around the ADK's backpacking and there isn't really any terrain I needed them for, and that included most of the high peaks around Marcy, saddleback,basin, trap dike trail etc. And took them to New Zealand to hunt/hike where they worked awesome to kick in on some step stuff I have never even seen in the northeast.

If I can figure out some personnel logistics (and we solve this virus for air travel etc), I'm planning a mountain hunt and have tried the insulated (my current boots are not) and they are about as well crafted as any I have ever seen and I'll buy a pair. But like the Meindls, I doubt I'd reach for them for local hunting or would pay the premium for such; and I can afford to buy just about anything I want to hunt.

JMO...... YMMV and all that.....