What kind of work do you do?

NonTypical

19 hours ago, phade said:

Alot of red tape to navigate in large companies like this though. That part is hard to enjoy but I am good at it, so it's a blessing and a curse. Lately, it's personally felt more like a curse.

I'm sure others have more pressing career matters but I'm fighting that internal battle of staying the course vs. aligning with what is becoming more important to me as I age up. I enjoy the people I work with and the present income and income trajectory is more than I reasonably expected to make in my life. So strong that I struggle altering what is a much more secure future for my family against doing almost anything else that likely will not provide that degree of income/security. Thankfully I like the people because it's kept me on the tracks so far.

I live a similar life and share your feelings exactly. I try to rationalize the benefits my job provides. They help me and my family live a better life and allow me to do things that many cannot afford. For this I am fortunate. But sometimes I wonder if the stress is worth it all. 

not sometimes. All the time I wonder.

• Like 1

Information Security Manager. I fight Russia, China, etc. on daily basis from stealing corporate IP as well as other valuable information. Love it and hate it at the same time. Love it because it's something new almost every day. Hate it for the same reason Newman hated the mail on Seinfeld, "Because the it never stops. they just keep coming and coming and coming. There's never a letup, it's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more, and you gotta get it out, but the more you get out, the more keeps coming in"

• Like 4

I am a sr master Subaru, expert hyundai, platinum Suzuki service technician for a dealership.  Worked for them 18 years.

Currently layed off so working for tractor supply. 

Also have my own landscape and handyman business. Quit drinking 11 months ago so had some extra time on my hands.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DanD said:

Information Security Manager. I fight Russia, China, etc. on daily basis from stealing corporate IP as well as other valuable information. Love it and hate it at the same time. Love it because it's something new almost every day. Hate it for the same reason Newman hated the mail on Seinfeld, "Because the it never stops. they just keep coming and coming and coming. There's never a letup, it's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more, and you gotta get it out, but the more you get out, the more keeps coming in"

AND THEN ITS PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE DAY!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chef said:

Where is your shop ? Is it one I might know? I mostly fish the upper west

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the upper west. It is where I spend most of my time. I love the entire system but always gravitate to the upper west. I remember when no one fished it and would all clamber down below. I also loved fishing above there West Branch Angler is before it existed. Now you need to take a ticket to get a place to fish, let alone the drift boats all day long.

I love the upper west. It is where I spend most of my time. I love the entire system but always gravitate to the upper west. I remember when no one fished it and would all clamber down below. I also loved fishing above there West Branch Angler is before it existed. Now you need to take a ticket to get a place to fish, let alone the drift boats all day long.

I smell at GTG with Drake as a central Player!!! I know AT, Chef, Bio, and me(if they let me!) would happily follow you around for a day during my favorite hatch(Green Drake!)

• Like 1

I smell at GTG with Drake as a central Player!!! I know AT, Chef, Bio, and me(if they let me!) would happily follow you around for a day during my favorite hatch(Green Drake!)

I’ll cast a sawbelly!

Agreed, I must say and I’ll say it publicly because it’s not easy to find but Methodist is usually pretty empty

Dude nothing like throwing coffins as the sun goes down

• Like 1

Owned a small Lawn and Landscape company for 7 years, Learned I didnt want to do that the rest of my life, so I became a Tool & Die Maker for a manufacturing company. Garlock Sealing Technologies. We service every industry out there, food, pharma, oil, chemicals, bearings gaskets the list goes on.  You name it we service and build for it.. Love this job, Easier on my body as well. Lol!  

• Like 1