Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

If the virus dont get me work will - havent had a lunch break yet this week.  I can stand to live of the land and my fat reserves.  But my old fat ass is dragging a bit today

Let me add glad to be working and feel lucky to be. But I was worn today. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

48 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

So much for Easter @Biz-R-OWorld

47 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

In @Biz-R-OWorld defense I am not sure he stated Easter of what year. Things could easily be back to normal by Easter of 2022

I was pretty damn close. Are you guys for real? Cases are lowest right now since they ever were in NY. Who else called Easter? I called it way before the Don did. Coronavirus deaths are continuing to be overstated and even with the fake numbers, it won't sniff the amount of suicides that will occur because of this shutdown. And as i stated before, many non-healthcare workers have been back in offices after the 14-day quarantines for weeks now. NYC people can't even get food deliveries so they have started to come back out and shop. More cars on the nyc streets each day. Business is booming in Europe and we are right behind it. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that isn't shown on TV (if you are someone who watches it). You guys sound like you're happy about this? This May 15th extension is absolutely horrible news for majority of americans/the world.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I was pretty damn close. Are you guys for real? Cases are lowest right now since they ever were in NY. Who else called Easter? I called it way before the Don did. Coronavirus deaths are continuing to be overstated and even with the fake numbers, it won't sniff the amount of suicides that will occur because of this shutdown. And as i stated before, many non-healthcare workers have been back in offices after the 14-day quarantines for weeks now. NYC people can't even get food deliveries so they have started to come back out and shop. More cars on the nyc streets each day. Business is booming in Europe and we are right behind it. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that isn't shown on TV (if you are someone who watches it). You guys sound like you're happy about this? This May 15th extension is absolutely horrible news for majority of americans/the world.

Not happy about any of this. Disappointed Biz. I really wanted you to be right. Much like if you predicted I was gonna get a 12 pointer and wound up with nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Can you expand on this? I haven’t been in the city in a month.

All my friends who work in finance, advertising, law, etc are at home with no offices open. Still getting food delivered. In fact, I just received a call from my building that there was a Whole Foods delivery for me. Wrong apartment.

Trumps Wall Street call the other day was an apparent “shit show” but the upshot was that “they” told him they need more testing before they’ll open back up. 

Where is Europe booming? 

The stories coming out of city hospitals are horrifying and while the death toll seems to have stabilized it’s still a pretty shitty number. 

Not trying to argue. Maybe you know something
 I don’t stuck here in my cabin. I’m desperate to get back to my apt. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Boat launch is only for dec run, launch correct?  A number of city or town launches should be open.  

Almost all the launches on Oneida are closed or blocked off. Am gonna check out two state launches that are unattended but am guessing they will be blocked off. Cause Everyone will just go to these two places and a crowd will form.  An angry crowd. 

Launch by my house.

IMG_20200411_062354712.jpg

Can you expand on this? I haven’t been in the city in a month. All my friends who work in finance, advertising, law, etc are at home with no offices open. Still getting food delivered. In fact, I just received a call from my building that there was a Whole Foods delivery for me. Wrong apartment.

Trumps Wall Street call the other day was an apparent “shit show” but the upshot was that “they” told him they need more testing before they’ll open back up. 

Where is Europe booming? 

The stories coming out of city hospitals are horrifying and while the death toll seems to have stabilized it’s still a pretty shitty number. 

Not trying to argue. Maybe you know something

I don’t stuck here in my cabin. I’m desperate to get back to my apt. 

Bank of America, JPMC, and Goldman Sachs are just 3 that have employees going into work. My office (law firm) is not closed. I don’t go in, but some people still do.

My brother in law who lives on walls street couldn’t get a food delivery for 2 weeks so he goes to the grocery store for him and his prego wife.

I can’t comment on the public transportation but the people I know with cars in the city who drive each day to and from work also in the city are seeing more cars each day. I’m talking Manhattan only. Idk about other boroughs.

Italy, Austria, Germany are the biggest ones where I have seen companies ramping up big-time.

NY just sent ventilators away to other states.

Edit - mostly “MD’s” when I say employees at the banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I went out and about a week or two ago and the boat launch ramp near me had  half dozen or more vehicles in the lot. Seemed very open. 

I did too. Announcement went out April 8th and took a few days before places all got to block them off. Hoping yours are open. Bot of the two I use most are blocked. And have had friends send me pics of others that are blocked around. Delta lake, Ontario etc.  

28 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Bank of America, JPMC, and Goldman Sachs are just 3 that have employees going into work. My office (law firm) is not closed. I don’t go in, but some people still do.

My brother in law who lives on walls street couldn’t get a food delivery for 2 weeks so he goes to the grocery store for him and his prego wife.

I can’t comment on the public transportation but the people I know with cars in the city who drive each day to and from work also in the city are seeing more cars each day. I’m talking Manhattan only. Idk about other boroughs.

Italy, Austria, Germany are the biggest ones where I have seen companies ramping up big-time.

NY just sent ventilators away to other states.

Edit - mostly “MD’s” when I say employees at the banks.

Different experiences. My cousin who is an MD is at home in a FiDi apt for the past three weeks. She was essential and was one of the last in her office but they finally sent her home. She doesn’t seem to have a food issue. 

I’m sure there are more cars on the road as my guess is that everyone who can is driving. My wife and I had this exact.conversation. No way she’s taking the subway from Harlem to Tribeca everyday. She will drive. I just heard that the day guy at our garage which is in our building is positive and at home, so there’s no way I’m putting the car back in the garage. I see a lot of tickets coming my way. 

Also great news on the ventilators. I guess Cuomo lived up to his promise. As I understand it, dialysis machines are now becoming an issue as they’re seeing organ failure. 

If Europe is doing great, then that bodes well for us. Honestly, who is going to go to a show or dinner in the next two months? 

20 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Now I won’t be able to sleep tonight. 

Edited by left field
  • Like 2

This whole boat launch closing is non-sense.What if you use a kayak,canoe or cartop?? I was planning on using my 10' jonboat in the afternoon during the first week of turkey season.Is bank fishing banned too?

Does anyone have a link about these closing.

Edited by rachunter
added

Now I won’t be able to sleep tonight. 

I’ll be honest, I couldn’t care less about restaurants or broadway in nyc. That stuff doesn’t effect my paycheck. At this point, it’s every man for Himself so my focus is solely on what helps or hurts me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, rachunter said:

This whole boat launch closing is non-sense.What if you use a kayak,canoe or cartop?? I was planning on using my 10' jonboat in the afternoon during the first week of turkey season.Is bank fishing banned too?

Does anyone have a link about these closing.

I have used a couple fresh water ramps several times recently. Lower Lake (Lily Lake) in Yaphank and Forge Pond in Riverhead/Calverton area. Both are DEC access sights. 

1 minute ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I have used a couple fresh water ramps several times recently. Lower Lake (Lily Lake) in Yaphank and Forge Pond in Riverhead/Calverton area. Both are DEC access sights. 

I was curious if lake Ronkonkoma was open,I'm going to take a ride over there lunchtime tomorrow.I've been bouncing around hear and there on the island with no problem or fish.lol

Just now, rachunter said:

I was curious if lake Ronkonkoma was open,I'm going to take a ride over there lunchtime tomorrow.I've been bouncing around hear and there on the island with no problem or fish.lol

I shoulda posted in Live from the water with more pics. Little squirrel got his first ever FW fish - crappie and I got several bluegills and a few LM bass, all on the same trip. The bass were skinny but the gills were nice. This was all in forge pond BTW. We should have a G2G out there and catch a few. I’m just waiting for the wind to die down so I can go back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rachunter said:

All I could find on the DEC website was very little info it said "To limit the community spread of COVID-19, use of all DEC-owned boat launches is temporarily suspended for recreational boaters"

Would private boat ramps still be open?

#13 on attached. 

Most of the private launches and Marina's here are blocked off. State unattended launches were still open. But my guess is with all they have it might take a while to block them.   Some are saying those only might stay open. But I doubt it esp once they start getting swamped with fisherman. https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Gov just extended the NY on pause til the 15th, mandated everyone wear a mask out in public, said we just now hit the peak and upstate here is said to be 1 week behind NYC. Gotta think NY isn't close to reopening for a while.  At least the full month from now minimum. 

Not happy about it at all, don't think anyone is.  But May 15 will prob be more of a phase in start up at best.  Not a shotgun start. Unfortunately. 

• Like 2