Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ll be honest, I couldn’t care less about restaurants or broadway in nyc. That stuff doesn’t effect my paycheck. At this point, it’s every man for Himself so my focus is solely on what helps or hurts me.

Will you take the train in or drive? Buy something for lunch or brown bag it? Clean your own office or have the cleaning people continue.  Handle your office mail without gloves? Maintain six feet of space on an NYC street? 

I’m going to do whatever I can to protect my wife but I come in contact with a hell of a lot of people in the city so I need things as button down as they can be. I have less control than I think over the situation and no control over other people. 

If that means another month of the suck, so it goes. That affects my paycheck one way and my life another. I’ll take the latter. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Gov just extended the NY on pause til the 15th, mandated everyone wear a mask out in public, said we just now hit the peak and upstate here is said to be 1 week behind NYC. Gotta think NY isn't close to reopening for a while.  At least the full month from now minimum. 
Not happy about it at all, don't think anyone is.  But May 15 will prob be more of a phase in start up at best.  Not a shotgun start. Unfortunately. 

Where I work they are talking about staggering people back. Half the population on floors and rotate them weekly. Would allow for social distancing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will you take the train in or drive? Buy something for lunch or brown bag it? Clean your own office or have the cleaning people continue.  Handle your office mail without gloves? Maintain six feet of space on an NYC street? 

I’m going to do whatever I can to protect my wife but I come in contact with a hell of a lot of people in the city so I need things as button down as they can be. I have less control than I think over the situation and no control over other people. 

If that means another month of the suck, so it goes. That affects my paycheck one way and my life another. I’ll take the latter. 

Good luck. 

I’d take train and eat lunch at chopt per usual. It stinks the risk with a newborn, but I have to feel confident in my hygiene, immune system and healthcare I guess. Like I do everyday whether it’s flu season or not. Otherwise if I’m gonna life afraid I might as well move to Wyoming or Montana where they risk is obviously less

• Like 1

Think of the hunting opportunities.

I appreciate what you’re saying. I just want better death/infection numbers and immediate accurate testing, which may make me feel better about standing beside someone on a subway. 

This is escalating our get out of NYC plan. Going to try and have my place renovated in June and hope the real estate market doesn’t take too much of a hit for a sale. Still could move and rent it out for a few years I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

All I could find on the DEC website was very little info it said "To limit the community spread of COVID-19, use of all DEC-owned boat launches is temporarily suspended for recreational boaters"

Would private boat ramps still be open?

As I understand it, Marinas and their launches are specifically banned under the general order of a non essential business. A boat launch on an individual’s private property is fine, but for their use only. The short-lived workaround was that the DEC launches weren’t listed in the ban. Now they are I guess.
Good old King Andy sure loves a good ban.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do you social distance on a train?

Some people have to stand it is so crowded, so not sure what they would do. But I read MTA is obviously getting killed right now with nobody buying tickets. I pay $330/month just for train. Not even counting Parking. There’s million of people who commute in from NY, CT, NJ, LI, etc. Some for less per month and many for much more.

3 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I guess i'll fish from land.Whats the most they can do ask me to leave,but thank god they didn't shut down the bicycle repair shops!!!!

I heard the police were called on 3 surf fishermen and some surfers as well in Montauk the other day. Nothing came of it, but they are obligated to respond to those calls. 

Sorry if this sounds morbid because that is not the intent. Doctors are making some tough decisions on a daily basis and one thing being recommended is to have you and or your loved one(s) affairs in order to make some of their decisions less difficult. 

A living will is recommend and the very least they would like to see is one of these called a "most" form;  completed to be used if needed. Hopefully none of us will never need it but it never hurts to be prepared. I have included a link for downloading in pdf format. And of course New York Calls it something else and have attached that link as well... but am sure either one would be acceptable over nothing:

https://www.ncmedsoc.org/non_members/public_resources/MOSTform_sample.pdf

NY Form Link:https://www.health.ny.gov/forms/doh-5003.pdf

MOSTform.jpg

Some people have to stand it is so crowded, so not sure what they would do. But I read MTA is obviously getting killed right now with nobody buying tickets. I pay $330/month just for train. Not even counting Parking. There’s million of people who commute in from NY, CT, NJ, LI, etc. Some for less per month and many for much more.

Serves those losers right..I hope they go belly up. Take the union down with them. Then maybe we can have better service at a better rate again!

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NonTypical said:

I heard the police were called on 3 surf fishermen and some surfers as well in Montauk the other day. Nothing came of it, but they are obligated to respond to those calls. 

That's ridiculous!!! I didn't even realize it striped bass opened yesterday.I wouldn't be surprised if they close all the beaches and inlets when the spring bluefish roll in.

44 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Sorry if this sounds morbid because that is not the intent. Doctors are making some tough decisions on a daily basis and one thing being recommended is to have you and or your loved one(s) affairs in order to make some of their decisions less difficult. 

A living will is recommend and the very least they would like to see is one of these called a "most" form;  completed to be used if needed. Hopefully none of us will never need it but it never hurts to be prepared. 

I read a story this morning about two young doctors who use their phones to relay end of life decisions between the rapidly dying and their families. Much of it is bank account numbers, financial decisions etc. Then they say their last goodbye. 

The one doctor says she goes outside a few times a day to weep, then gets it together and goes back in to help more afflicted people. 

Similar story - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/doctor-tablets-covid-19-patients-goodbyes_l_5e988500c5b65eae70a0ec0e

Edited by left field

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’d take train and eat lunch at chopt per usual. It stinks the risk with a newborn, but I have to feel confident in my hygiene, immune system and healthcare I guess. Like I do everyday whether it’s flu season or not. Otherwise if I’m gonna life afraid I might as well move to Wyoming or Montana where they risk is obviously less

Again, it's not your immune system.  I'm very confident in mine as well.  What I'm afraid of is getting it, show no signs because my robust immune system is handling it, but then go over to my parents place and transmitting it there.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Excuse me for not knowing the ways of the city but you have to pay to park your train in addition to riding it????

Most people don't like living right next to a loud train station.  You drive to the station, park, take the train into the city.

Excuse me for not knowing the ways of the city but you have to pay to park your train in addition to riding it????

The shat we pay and the things we need to pay for are almost embarrassing- but we do have amazing pizza and Chinese at our finger tips!!!

• Like 2

Some good news my mother who had the virus was moved out of the hospital today to rehab. 35 days at 87 years old not seeing one family member and she almost died one night. This virus is horrible. Friends just keep at what your doing so you don't infect anyone especially the elderly. Thank you all for your prayers!! You guys are the best!!!!

Just an FYI she got great care at assisted living and Stony Brook Hospital. She never had to go on a ventilator. She took Z-Pak and the Malaria drug. The Malaria drug was stopped because it was causing heart issues. Also the doctors were not confident that it works. We got her an Ipad so we could facetime. It was heartbreaking at times. 

• Like 21

Some good news my mother who had the virus was moved out of the hospital today to rehab. 35 days at 87 years old not seeing one family member and she almost died one night. This virus is horrible. Friends just keep at what your doing so you don't infect anyone especially the elderly. Thank you all for your prayers!! You guys are the best!!!!

Just an FYI she got great care at assisted living and Stony Brook Hospital. She never had to go on a ventilator. She took Z-Pak and the Malaria drug. The Malaria drug was stopped because it was causing heart issues. Also the doctors were not confident that it works. We got her an Ipad so we could facetime. It was heartbreaking at times. 
Glad to hear the good news about your mom. I hope she continues for a speedy and complete recovery.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been short of breath the last 3-4 days with a slight sore throat and occasional cough so I decided to call a dial-a-doc that my work is connected with today. I don't have any fever or body aches so I'm really hoping it's no worse than Bronchitis which she seems to think it is. I'm on a 7 day quarantine hoping and praying l will be feeling 100% very soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Sad 2