Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

3 hours ago, First-light said:

Some good news my mother who had the virus was moved out of the hospital today to rehab. 35 days at 87 years old not seeing one family member and she almost died one night. This virus is horrible. Friends just keep at what your doing so you don't infect anyone especially the elderly. Thank you all for your prayers!! You guys are the best!!!!

Just an FYI she got great care at assisted living and Stony Brook Hospital. She never had to go on a ventilator. She took Z-Pak and the Malaria drug. The Malaria drug was stopped because it was causing heart issues. Also the doctors were not confident that it works. We got her an Ipad so we could facetime. It was heartbreaking at times. 

That's great news!  The fact that she never went on the ventilator is the topping on the cake.  it never damaged her lungs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rachunter said:

That's ridiculous!!! I didn't even realize it striped bass opened yesterday.I wouldn't be surprised if they close all the beaches and inlets when the spring bluefish roll in.

I am going fishing until they make me leave. I will be in waders under the Smith Point Bridge for the blues and all over Moriches Bay for the schoolies, which I hear are everywhere. The marina by my house is not blocked off. Many clammers launch from there. How can they shut that down? I guess they would force them to collect unemployment?!? Regardless, I will fish until I am forced to stop. 

35 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I am going fishing until they make me leave. I will be in waders under the Smith Point Bridge for the blues and all over Moriches Bay for the schoolies, which I hear are everywhere. The marina by my house is not blocked off. Many clammers launch from there. How can they shut that down? I guess they would force them to collect unemployment?!? Regardless, I will fish until I am forced to stop. 

Oh man talk about crowed places.lol I haven't been there in years is the beach 4x4 open ? last time I was down at the inlet two guys where fighting over a rock lol.There's a town ramp at the end of my block its still open. My block is like a boat show on the weekend.

25 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Oh man talk about crowed places.lol I haven't been there in years is the beach 4x4 open ? last time I was down at the inlet two guys where fighting over a rock lol.There's a town ramp at the end of my block its still open. My block is like a boat show on the weekend.

I am not much of a beach person. I only sit there and wish I was out on the ocean lol. Aside from the occasional bbq with the fam, it would be fishing at the onset of a nor’easter. Not sure if the outer beach is open at this point. I have driven over the bridge to see the ocean so I know the parking lot is open and I see plenty of people walking on the beach.  

• Like 1

Some good news my mother who had the virus was moved out of the hospital today to rehab. 35 days at 87 years old not seeing one family member and she almost died one night. This virus is horrible. Friends just keep at what your doing so you don't infect anyone especially the elderly. Thank you all for your prayers!! You guys are the best!!!!

Just an FYI she got great care at assisted living and Stony Brook Hospital. She never had to go on a ventilator. She took Z-Pak and the Malaria drug. The Malaria drug was stopped because it was causing heart issues. Also the doctors were not confident that it works. We got her an Ipad so we could facetime. It was heartbreaking at times. 

Fantastic News, I can’t even imagine how that must be. My mother in her early 70’s has it as well. She has had it around 30’days and has been at home the whole time. She seems to be doing well but does not feel 100% yet. It has been very hard for her not to be able to see my son. She also lives alone which has its own we of challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Smith point is one of my favorite beaches both for fishing and just enjoying the sand. Do you ever drive down the beach to fish moriches inlet

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Fantastic News, I can’t even imagine how that must be. My mother in her early 70’s has it as well. She has had it around 30’days and has been at home the whole time. She seems to be doing well but does not feel 100% yet. It has been very hard for her not to be able to see my son. She also lives alone which has its own we of challenges.

Hang in there you guys. Still prayin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elmo said:

That's great news!  The fact that she never went on the ventilator is the topping on the cake.  it never damaged her lungs.

Doctors are not sure if lungs weren't damaged. She still oxygen now and then. Time will tell.  Thank you

9 hours ago, First-light said:

So glad to read this this morning. It just put a smile on my face! Can't wait for you post telling us that shes home and comfortable.

11 hours ago, Elmo said:

Again, it's not your immune system.  I'm very confident in mine as well.  What I'm afraid of is getting it, show no signs because my robust immune system is handling it, but then go over to my parents place and transmitting it there.

same

14 minutes ago, left field said:

Good news, First-light.

I just heard an interview with an Italian doctor who said they’re seeing people in quarantine who still test positive after 30 days. So much for the 14 day benchmark. 

This may not be bad. I listened to one doctor who said the disease he worked on in Africa people would test positive 6 months after. But they were only able to transmit for something like 10 days. Not sure corona is like this but it could be. 

Fantastic news! Glad she's out of the hospital! She is a rockstar! Keep getting well Momma Light!

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

This may not be bad. I listened to one doctor who said the disease he worked on in Africa people would test positive 6 months after. But they were only able to transmit for something like 10 days. Not sure corona is like this but it could be. 

Let’s hope so. 

After we get through this thing, the biggest result of the Covid-19 pandemic for NY state will be a mass migration of people out of the NY city area.    Those diehards, who choose to stay there, ought to see a big drop in rent costs anyhow, while upstate property values will likely skyrocket.  

There is no reason to believe that another pandemic will not occur anytime soon, and this one clearly indicates the sheer stupidity of living in such a densely populated area.  The good news is that this population shift should give upstate a lot more influence in state politics.             

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

After we get through this thing, the biggest result of the Covid-19 pandemic for NY state will be a mass migration of people out of the NY city area.    Those diehards, who choose to stay there, ought to see a big drop in rent costs anyhow, while upstate property values will likely skyrocket.  

There is no reason to believe that another pandemic will not occur anytime soon, and this one clearly indicates the sheer stupidity of living in such a densely populated area.  The good news is that this population shift should give upstate a lot more influence in state politics.             

I doubt this is going to happen.  People who live there do not want to live anywhere else and no threat on any level will sway their desire to be there. 

NYC is the #1 target for a nuclear device employed by enemies of the US, freedom and democracy.  Even the government admits this, and also admits it will likely be impossible to prevent it from happening.  If that doesn't get people to leave NYC, nothing will.

11 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Update:

Daughter - 7th straight day with fever, cough persists, breathing getting better, chest pain persists

Granddaughter - 3rd straight day with fever, cough persists, breathing somewhat better, baby miserable

More prayers sent.  

• Thanks 1

Good news, First-light.
I just heard an interview with an Italian doctor who said they’re seeing people in quarantine who still test positive after 30 days. So much for the 14 day benchmark. 

That’s where I think we get it wrong it’s a 14 day incubation period from exposure. Not a you will be cured in 14 days

No it will dilute they already faltering upstate republican base

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

I doubt this is going to happen.  People who live there do not want to live anywhere else and no threat on any level will sway their desire to be there. 

NYC is the #1 target for a nuclear device employed by enemies of the US, freedom and democracy.  Even the government admits this, and also admits it will likely be impossible to prevent it from happening.  If that doesn't get people to leave NYC, nothing will.

You are probably right.  I suppose there is a certain thrill to "living on the edge" that many find appealing.  I guess that is a good place for them.  If the nukes don't get them another virus might. 

Edited by wolc123

3 hours ago, wolc123 said:

You are probably right.  I suppose there is a certain thrill to "living on the edge" that many find appealing.  I guess that is a good place for them.  If the nukes don't get them another virus might. 

I don’t think there a thrill with living on the edge. I think there’s an excitement to living in one of the world’s great cities. 

How nervous are you guys when you visit? 

• Haha 1