Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

Wife came back negative for COVID-19 antibodies.  Doctor told her they suspect she either had COVID-19 but never developed anti-bodies or she caught another strand of coronavirus but not deadly COVID-19 which is the only one they test.

• Like 1

Update:
Granddaughter fully recovered. Thank God!
Daughter almost fully recovered. Thank God!
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Update:
Granddaughter fully recovered. Thank God!
Daughter almost fully recovered. Thank God!
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Best way to start a Monday morning is reading that great news!!!

• Thanks 1

As things open back up, here is a clear read on transmission which answered a few questions I had on particle size, amount in droplets and what constitutes an infectious dose. 
https://erinbromage.wixsite.com/covid19/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them?fbclid=IwAR3phbdnNnmfSHAzz0U6gF9Xa7x4kY8TVBHUkk8EQVHxhCHSmLu1i7-EEYE

Great article!

Have seen pictures of co workers  out and about ... socializing.. stores  and such off and on for weeks . Now they are worried  about going back to work to soon ... risking exposure .

Texting me as to whether  they have to come back when called if they dont feel safe . 

I did text a screenshot of the women from facebook  with 6 coworkers   sitting  on a picnic table drinking. Told her if she wants a job she probably  had report to work when called .

• Like 3

Have seen pictures of co workers  out and about ... socializing.. stores  and such off and on for weeks . Now they are worried  about going back to work to soon ... risking exposure .
Texting me as to whether  they have to come back when called if they dont feel safe . 
I did text a screenshot of the women from facebook  with 6 coworkers   sitting  on a picnic table drinking. Told her if she wants a job she probably  had report to work when called .
Good if she refuses fire her for insubordination and refusal to come in so she can't get unemployment

Call Me The Teflon Don

That would fly he could prove when the picture was taken. 
He could look at the underlying data in the picture. But then also on the other hand going that route could have negative implications in terms of optics to the outside viewer making him seem callous and not considering people's fears about getting sick. Not to mention the costs in the likely lawsuit that would come and even if he won it'd still probably cost him more

Call Me The Teflon Don

20 hours ago, Nytracker said:

I'm a lowly  shop steward... I see nothing... hear nothing .. it's the company she has to worry  about .  My job is to try and defend stupidity when it comes right down to it .

And that's why unions are becoming less tolerable to most Americans.

Had a chat with a fellow laying wire up my road today and he had a theory that Bill Gates patented this virus in 2012 then developed and patented the vaccine in 2016. It seems for reasons of control. 

That aside for a moment, if someone comes up with a viable CDC-approved vaccine in December of this year, will you take it? 

Edited by left field

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I which phase can I go to my brothers house? See my mom?? Go in my neighbors house? This stay home order is about over for me, I’m expanding my circle of trust to include my immediate family in the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been thinking the same.  This weekend fishing with my buddy and next weekend GF over for dinner and a drink. Gotta go back to life at some point. 

I which phase can I go to my brothers house? See my mom?? Go in my neighbors house? This stay home order is about over for me, I’m expanding my circle of trust to include my immediate family in the area

I feel the same way but I also am still nervous about passing it along to my elderly mother. She’s healthy but if she gets hospitalized as a result of COVID and we can’t visit , I know she would not make it.

I feel the same way but I also am still nervous about passing it along to my elderly mother. She’s healthy but if she gets hospitalized as a result of COVID and we can’t visit , I know she would not make it.

I completely agree but don’t know when that will ever be safe

• Like 1

I've been thinking the same.  This weekend fishing with my buddy and next weekend GF over for dinner and a drink. Gotta go back to life at some point. 

Avoid crowds, wash your hands. Be careful around the elderly. This will never be over with the criteria they’re looking for

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Avoid crowds, wash your hands. Be careful around the elderly. This will never be over with the criteria they’re looking for

Avoid crowds=go fishing

Wash hands = get the fish slime off

Be careful around the elderly=make sure none of the old guys fall out of the boat. 

I got this. 

• Like 3

I completely agree but don’t know when that will ever be safe

On the flip side my 70 year old mother had it and recovered and is afraid to see us and she feels she can still spread it even after having no symptoms for a month

• Like 2

My mom will be released next Tuesday. Without the help of the assisted living home, Stonybrook hospital and Gurwin rehab she would not of made it. She also is very strong and wasn't willing to give up! Its been over 50 days without seeing her.

• Like 6