Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Brought flowers to the cemetery, and cleaned off the headstones , after which we met my wife’s SIL at a school across the street , where we put our chairs under a tree and talked for two hours .

Kids all over the school , skateboarding, riding bikes, and the large playground was packed with kids ,it was nice to see . Lots of boats heading towards the lake , and quite a few folks getting beer at The Other Half . 

The news is running out of ammo for scare tactics ,it started with one ventilator per person infected ,then it went to number of deaths ,now we just report on positive cases . We are testing people at such a high rate now and they're using that number to try and show that the increase in positive cases is because of loosening up. 

• Like 3

The news is running out of ammo for scare tactics ,it started with one ventilator per person infected ,then it went to number of deaths ,now we just report on positive cases . We are testing people at such a high rate now and they're using that number to try and show that the increase in positive cases is because of loosening up. 

I’d imagine the rate of infected to tested hasn’t changed? That’s the only number that matters. Why must every shred of positive news be immediately followed by “But experts warn that...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

What irritates me the most is I live closer , to Toronto, Detroit, Pittsburg , and Cleveland then NYC ,yet people expect ,me to behave like I live in NYC ? 

That and it was flattering the curve , we did that easily, so,now it’s finding a cure . What ?  A cure for a virus that can mutate, ok . 

• Like 6

I’d imagine the rate of infected to tested hasn’t changed? That’s the only number that matters. Why must every shred of positive news be immediately followed by “But experts warn that...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

See there is that, I will also say I don’t think this virus is any more deadly than the flu. It just seems to spread faster. The death rate is probably somewhere around .002 it’s just that the number of people infected vs the flu this year is much higher.

Take a look at clairmont village in the BX 43% of antibodies came back positive if the death rate was over 1% that neighborhood would have 6k deaths alone.

That beings said I think a slow opening and smart reopening will help stem the tide a little more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ifs a private school, hes still only in pre K 

Yea I get that, they are still not supposed to
Be open. My son is 3 and all pre-K schools are closed. Daycare is closed except for essential workers. They have said they don’t see that changing anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yea I get that, they are still not supposed to
Be open. My son is 3 and all pre-K schools are closed. Daycare is closed except for essential workers. They have said they don’t see that changing anytime soon.

It's the JCC ,im sure they arn't doing anything against the law . 

"But experts warn that antibodies do not mean you cant contract the virus again..."

Correct but it does show how many people there had it and didn’t know. That is half the danger with this virus. It’s why Ny is doing so much testing compared to other states.

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

It wont be long now..."If you or a loved one were in a NY nursing home during the 2020 Covid pandemic please contact the law firm of @moog5050 @Biz-R-OWorld and Daughters. You may be entitled to compensation"

Or placed on a ventilator or were given the wrong drugs to combat an unknown virus or not given a straw with your ginger ale while sitting in the hospital.

It wont be long now..."If you or a loved one were in a NY nursing home during the 2020 Covid pandemic please contact the law firm of [mention=2442]moog5050[/mention] [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] and Daughters. You may be entitled to compensation"

Oh and me. I want a slice of the pie too. I got a future home purchase I gotta scrape together some cash for. I'll provide the craft services. In jerky form of course

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Oh and me. I want a slice of the pie too. I got a future home purchase I gotta scrape together some cash for. I'll provide the craft services. In jerky form of course

I thought you sold that recipe?

39 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Man already private school for Pre-K? Fancy Pants

Its paying off ,he does addition,subtraction, reads already . He turned 4 in January.  We didn't want him to sit in a giant room full of toys all day like most daycare, they actually get him ready for school . He might be the only non jewish kid there but he is learning about that too.

• Like 2