Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

Yea, i hear ya. work gave me two 27" monitors and a docking station. But it's nice because I can unplug laptop and go outside here and there.Then if i need to run back in, it's a quick plug in 
87986e6beef27bb834fc64b5420030a6.jpg&key=3608ed45a9a3edcefcec00f78013f0f65930831462456c6567b51fed43560774
Hey! No drinking on the job!

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That honestly sounds like a pretty cool job

He offered me a job there years ago iworking on his team.  A decent salary and a company bud or monster van lol.  I told him I am not really a salesman and he said ...."it's beer, it sells itself."  I just didn't want to move out of state. 

He offered me a job there years ago iworking on his team.  A decent salary and a company bud or monster van lol.  I told him I am not really a salesman and he said ...."it's beer, it sells itself."  I just didn't want to move out of state. 
Fair. Moving would be the big kicker

Got a buddy that works for anheiser Busch.  They insist they drink at meetings.  Why don't I work there again.... 

When I did the Coors tour in Golden Colorado years ago I remember them saying all employees were entitled to X amount of cases each week they got to take home each Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

When I did the Coors tour in Golden Colorado years ago I remember them saying all employees were entitled to X amount of cases each week they got to take home each Friday

He does too. He has a beer closet at home in his basement area. Which is his mancave.  And then they get to try a lot of micro brews that come thru.  And go to some micro brews for tours.  Lots of sales winnings too... Canoes, trips, coolers, etc...he has done well there. He is perfect for that job too. 

A few of us from college did an annual fishing trip for like 20 years.  He and his dad came up and their boat was filled with beer to the seats.  Lol.  Well over 20 cases. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 6:53 PM, First-light said:

I haven't posted here in a while since my mom recovered from the virus. I still can't see her. We visit from outside and talk to her through her window two floors up. Its really hard for her. At 87 you don't have much left except family. I can't look into her eyes or touch her. We need to get out of this. I have people flying in from Tennessee and I told them coming to NY you have to isolate yourself for 14 days. They wont do it. 4th of July is here and many people will be out and about no masks no social distancing. I believe after this weekend and in a few weeks the country goes on lock down again. The market will crash more than the first time and people will realize how delicate the situation is. I hope this does not happen and I am wrong. I will wear a mask out in public. I havre no problem with it. I hope you do too.

Unfortunately the effects of Civid-19 on the elderly is devastating. My Mom continues to lose weight and now is down to 89 lbs. No sense of taste or appetite . Legs are starting to swell and doctor said she might be going into Renal failure. Many tests set up for next Monday. We are hoping for another miracle . Hospice may be the next step. 

• Sad 3

Unfortunately the effects of Civid-19 on the elderly is devastating. My Mom continues to lose weight and now is down to 89 lbs. No sense of taste or appetite . Legs are starting to swell and doctor said she might be going into Renal failure. Many tests set up for next Monday. We are hoping for another miracle . Hospice may be the next step. 

Sorry to hear that. My grandma is 97 and has been in and out of hospital past 2 months. No COVID, but needed a pacemaker put in. She’s in rehab place now working on walking etc. Nobody can visit her, it sucks. This shutdown has really effected her. Before shutdown, she was going to events, trips, etc. she lives on her own. Since the shutdown, she’s had 2 falls and was lonely stuck at home all day. Now she’s stuck in rehab with no visitors.

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sorry to hear that. My grandma is 97 and has been in and out of hospital past 2 months. No COVID, but needed a pacemaker put in. She’s in rehab place now working on walking etc. Nobody can visit her, it sucks. This shutdown has really effected her. Before shutdown, she was going to events, trips, etc. she lives on her own. Since the shutdown, she’s had 2 falls and was lonely stuck at home all day. Now she’s stuck in rehab with no visitors.

It's horrible for them. I hope she recovers soon!

• Like 1

I had a friend telling me yesterday that his 90+ grandpa had it and recovered but is stuck in the hospital because nobody is taking in new resident's to nursing homes.

My moms husband is going in to a new home Monday, he had to pass a test. He tested positive in his old facility but never showed a symptom. They turned that home into a covid unit basically, so she pulled him

Welcome to the Freedom Cafe! We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food.

We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom, but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.

We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is sufficient, and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs.

Some of our cooks may prefer to use the same utensils for multiple ingredients, including ingredients some customers are allergic to. That is a cook’s right to do so.

Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can’t touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean.

Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they’d prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.

Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you’ll agree that it’s a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy.

~ Libby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When you decide to participate in society, there's an entry fee. You're a paying customer, too. If you don't like the fee, then go live on a desert island where your failure to exhibit simple respect for others will be better tolerated. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

When you decide to participate in society, there's an entry fee. You're a paying customer, too. If you don't like the fee, then go live on a desert island where your failure to exhibit simple respect for others will be better tolerated. 

And what fee would that be?  Totalitarian rule?  You show lack of respect for others by trying to dictate to them how they must live.  You want the whole of society to suffer for the good of the few who are at risk.  That's collectivist ideology.  Communists use it to great advantage.

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

Image may contain: 1 person, beard and closeup, text that says 'HERE'S THE DEAL FOR THE DUMB ASSES OUT THERE. YOU'VE EITHER HAD COVID, OR YOU'LL GET COVID. YOU'LL EITHER DIE OR BE LIKE THE 99.5% AND RECOVER. IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE. YOUR GOVERNMENT CANNOT KEEP YOU SAFE FROM A VIRUS. BUT THEY CAN TAKE YOUR LIBERTY. SO STAY HOME. WEAR A MASK. CONVINCE YOURSELF YOU'RE SAFE. LET THE REST OF US LIVE OUR LIVES. made with mematic'

I keep hearing so many touting to just hang on and there will be a vaccine. They give me a really weird look when I remind them that there are normally between 30,000 and 60,000 deaths from influenza and in 2018 that hit 80,000 (according to the CDC). And that all took place with a vaccine available. I think the reality is that we are all going to get this. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

Or... the people who are scared of the virus could go live in the desert and distance themselves from the people who are not hiding and keeping the country going.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Rattler said:

And what fee would that be?  Totalitarian rule?  You show lack of respect for others by trying to dictate to them how they must live.  You want the whole of society to suffer for the good of the few who are at risk.  That's collectivist ideology.  Communists use it to great advantage.

If you think that being required to wear a mask when distancing isn't possible is totalitarian rule, you obviously have never lived in a communist society. My wife is originally from Romania, and her parents lived most of their lives there. This isn't even close. But I get that you refuse to give an inch, no matter how unreasonable your stance. However, I can only respect your view when your actions don't threaten my loved ones.

29 minutes ago, knehrke said:

My wife is originally from Romania, and her parents lived most of their lives there. 

So at what point is it "close"? How far do you let the snow ball roll down the hill before it is too large and too fast to stop? Did it happen over night in Romania?

For the record I am wearing a mask even though I know it is useless. 

• Like 1