Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Put it this way.  I see it as two likely outcomes.

1. In the end, we may find out that mask don't do anything and I'll be annoyed that I wore one like an idiot for several months.

2. In the end, we find out masks do indeed have an effect.  I walk around with the guilt that I am directly responsible for several deaths.  Of course knowing that they're most likely elderly and no one I know and most likely going to die anyway, who cares?

here is reality. the best bet that we ALL don't end up with it is a vaccine. To put it in perspective, even with a vaccine we lose 45,000-60,000 to influenza. 

how many people have you killed in your life by transferring that virus? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

here is reality. the best bet that we ALL don't end up with it is a vaccine. To put it in perspective, even with a vaccine we lose 45,000-60,000 to influenza. 

how many people have you killed in your life by transferring that virus? 

I don't know about you but when I have influenza, I don't go to work.  I self isolate and take a bunch of meds.  People die from it and I very well maybe the cause but I rest knowing I didn't go around breathing into everyone's face when I had it.  With COVID, there are so many asymptomatic carriers and with an up to 14 day incubation period, it's advised that you proceed as if you are sick.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I was talking about them putting people in incinerators while they still had a pulse

Whether that rumor is true or not, that is more an indication of how they treated the mounting dead bodies (or dying bodies) than how they handled preventing the spread.

12 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Whether that rumor is true or not, that is more an indication of how they treated the mounting dead bodies (or dying bodies) than how they handled preventing the spread.

Unfortunately for humanity ,the truth behind the virus ,the spread ,the treatment the actual numbers are so screwed up at this point ,instead of learning from it for the betterment of man kind ,our leaders used it as a tool to attack each other for their own personal gain. 

• Like 4

so what it the viral load required for to contract COVID? 

When I read that it’s 10-15 minutes inside 6’ of an actual sick person I really start to question wtf we are even worried about. I gotta believe the vast majority of transmissions are from direct contact with the virus and then touching your face/mouth/nose. Like every other illness. Wash your hands everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

When I read that it’s 10-15 minutes inside 6’ of an actual sick person I really start to question wtf we are even worried about. I gotta believe the vast majority of transmissions are from direct contact with the virus and then touching your face/mouth/nose. Like every other illness. Wash your hands everyone

Everyone I know who got it, likely got it the same way. 69ing and not blowing their nose afterwards.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Hum and I was the guy at the gym who for years  sprayed down equipment before and after I used it, washed my hands in the mens room when I was ready to leave , opened the door with my shoulder , and washed my hands again at home , and thought wearing a “ mask “ ie any piece of cloth was not very effective.

Edited by Nomad

On 7/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

So at what point is it "close"? How far do you let the snow ball roll down the hill before it is too large and too fast to stop? Did it happen over night in Romania?

For the record I am wearing a mask even though I know it is useless. 

Close is when they show up in the middle of the night to demand your passports and send you to a detention center for disagreeing with them, which is exactly what happened the night my wife's family fled to Belgium from a mineral excavation site in Algeria where her father was the head Romanian geologist. But I get you. 

I happen to think that government frequently oversteps its bounds. In the case of masking, though, I could care less what the government says. It's respect, common sense, and risk-reward. The cost of masking is small. If it doesn't help, then we're not out much. But the cost of not masking could be somebody's life. Tony Fauci is a doctor first, and plays politics by necessity. Believe me, he has nothing to gain here by asking folks to mask. I know lots of people at NIH including my mentor Larry Tabak, currently Deputy Director (and former UR professor for many years). He and most down there work around politics to get the job done. They are a dedicated group of scientists and doctors who, right or wrong, are working for what they feel is the common good. 

But don't get me started on the shutdown. Lots of decisions were made that were supposedly based on science, but as a scientist they seemed arbitrary to me. Our undergraduate campus still requires faculty to get dean's approval and check in with security to access their office. They are anticipating a 10% drop in tuition revenues, but if cases shoot up on campus, that number is going to be much higher, and the institution will be in dire financial straights. More so, anyway. These decisions appear to be driven by $$, to nobody's surprise.

• Like 4

Hum and I was the guy at the gym who for years  sprayed down equipment before and after I used it, washed my hands in the mens room when I was ready to leave , opened the door with my shoulder , and washed my hands again at home , and thought wearing a “ mask “ ie any piece of cloth was not very effective.

Those are solid habits to have, there’s more to worry about than just viruses

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Those are solid habits to have, there’s more to worry about than just viruses emoji1785.png

Ya there was this old dude ,worked out around 6 Am, big Syracuse fan ,always wore their shirts ,he walked on a treadmill in front of me . One day he stuck his pinky finger in his ear worked it around ,pulled it out and wiped it off on the side rail of the treadmill .

I was fairly “ clean “ up,to,that point , after that I stepped up my game ., and I hope Syracuse loses every game .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ya there was this old dude ,worked out around 6 Am, big Syracuse fan ,always wore their shirts ,he walked on a treadmill in front of me . One day he stuck his pinky finger in his ear worked it around ,pulled it out and wiped it off on the side rail of the treadmill .
I was fairly “ clean “ up,to,that point , after that I stepped up my game ., and I hope Syracuse loses every game .

I bet it was Boeheim

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Closed areas like indoor dining, bars, etc.  Masks are down because you're eating/drinking and you're there for more than 10 minutes.  People breath it out into the air, it lingers because of the lack of air circulation.

Unfortunately for humanity ,the truth behind the virus ,the spread ,the treatment the actual numbers are so screwed up at this point ,instead of learning from it for the betterment of man kind ,our leaders used it as a tool to attack each other for their own personal gain. 

There is however one very important leader who has as of late chosen to more or less ignore it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

107806805_10224123211247955_3382941401072892919_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101%26_nc_sid=110474%26_nc_ohc=X-W0w2845K4AX8azvL3%26_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx%26oh=badd1fe94bf5531339b094e7117c09cf%26oe=5F2BC0EA&key=86941016af910ee6335472988bc2310f6c9fb6c1f41a59fbfe62bbe515906fb9

Tests are up but so is the % positive that shows that testing being up is not the factor but cases are actually up. It’s actually pretty simple math if you need a lesson

On 7/8/2020 at 4:38 PM, Chef said:

Tests are up but so is the % positive that shows that testing being up is not the factor but cases are actually up. It’s actually pretty simple math if you need a lesson

Try reading it again and pay attention to the part about declining deaths.  Positives don't matter.  Deaths do.

• Like 2

Try reading it again and pay attention to the part about declining deaths.  Positives don't matter.  Deaths do.

I don’t see any actually statistic that shows declining death rate