Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

makes sense. other states are months behind NY. they are just peaking now, but with way less deaths. If Cuomo didn't butcher the nursing home move, our NY deaths would likely be only 50-60% of what they are.

Means we now have to wait for them to flatten out before economy can fully recover?  Guys are wrong to think the "doomsayers" are not concerned about the ramifications of an economic collapse.  I for one is very afraid.  My logic is that if everyone had buckled down together, we would already have been out of it already into and on our way to a full economic recovery.  Instead, we prolonging this thing.  Europe got the virus maybe 2 or 3 weeks before us tops and they're now opening up for tourist while we're facing a potential second lockdown.  The chart up @left field presented shows that NYS followed most of the recommendations and flattened the curve in about 100 days from first initial cases.  Looks like Florida is facing a massive surge beyond what NYS ever had 100 days AFTER their initial cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmo said:

Means we now have to wait for them to flatten out before economy can fully recover?  Guys are wrong to think the "doomsayers" are not concerned about the ramifications of an economic collapse.  I for one is very afraid.  My logic is that if everyone had buckled down together, we would already have been out of it already into and on our way to a full economic recovery.  Instead, we prolonging this thing.  Europe got the virus maybe 2 or 3 weeks before us tops and they're now opening up for tourist while we're facing a potential second lockdown.  The chart up @left field presented shows that NYS followed most of the recommendations and flattened the curve in about 100 days from first initial cases.  Looks like Florida is facing a massive surge beyond what NYS ever had 100 days AFTER their initial cases.

I think the problem is that the US is so spread out. When Westchester/NYC got it, it blew up fast so no choice but to lock down. But to lock down the entire country was a mistake. Each region of the country should have locked down as they got hit with it. Example, being Texas. They had no business being locked down when westchester was, but now they might.

IMO, there absolutely will not be another country-wide lockdown. the death rate is far too low to be an issue. Even the positive test count numbers are too low. If 1% of the entire population has it and 99% of that 1% are going to survive, you cannot lock down over that.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think the problem is that the US is so spread out. When Westchester/NYC got it, it blew up fast so no choice but to lock down. But to lock down the entire country was a mistake. Each region of the country should have locked down as they got hit with it. Example, being Texas. They had no business being locked down when westchester was, but now they might.

IMO, there absolutely will not be another country-wide lockdown. the death rate is far too low to be an issue. Even the positive test count numbers are too low. If 1% of the entire population has it and 99% of that 1% are going to survive, you cannot lock down over that.

Valid points.

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Between this, a new truck, and a new boat I am nominating Rob for HNYFMOTY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Isn't this the year of the Biz still?  Although I feel like it's been 18 months. We need to vote in term limits. 

Can't beat his Superbowl win, PB buck, new truck and beautiful baby girl.  Year of the Biz. @Biz-R-OWorld 

I forgot 12 cucumbers, .89 worth of basil and a tomato to boot. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If 1% of the entire population has it and 99% of that 1% are going to survive, you cannot lock down over that.

I don't think it's as simple as, "if you don't die, you're golden."

There are people who will now have life-long issues either with lungs or other major organs. My friend - 40s, healthy, no comorbidities, is still weak and slightly paralyzed on one side of her face. It's been four months for her. 

Isn't this the year of the Biz still?  Although I feel like it's been 18 months. We need to vote in term limits. 
Can't beat his Superbowl win, PB buck, new truck and beautiful baby girl.  Year of the Biz. [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] 

I forgot 12 cucumbers, .89 worth of basil and a tomato to boot. 

I’m a touch nervous that the Year of the Biz is slipping...whole bunch of three-putts at the inaugural HuntingNY Open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I’m a touch nervous that the Year of the Biz is slipping...whole bunch of three-putts at the inaugural HuntingNY Open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his fiscal year ended July 1 so could be. 

Actually I blame Jerkman. I needed him to push me more. I was favored by 6 and won by 21. Once he made it right, I played a lot better (46 on back).

Rob - I thought everyone knew that the “year of The biz” is now the decade of biz

There are people who will now have life-long issues either with lungs or other major organs. My friend - 40s, healthy, no comorbidities, is still weak and slightly paralyzed on one side of her face. It's been four months for her. 

That’s sad to hear. But I think also very rare. I truly believe the tests will never show how many people actually had it. At this point I’d feel confident in saying double the amount of people have had coronavirus, which now cuts all the %’s of sick/dead in half.

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Actually I blame Jerkman. I needed him to push me more. I was favored by 6 and won by 21. Once he made it right, I played a lot better (46 on back).

Rob - I thought everyone knew that the “year of The biz” is now the decade of biz

We def need term limits now. 

To keep it that pace your gonna have to have 9 more little Bizzes. She put your year over the top. 

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That’s sad to hear. But I think also very rare. I truly believe the tests will never show how many people actually had it. At this point I’d feel confident in saying double the amount of people have had coronavirus, which now cuts all the %’s of sick/dead in half.

I don't know about how rare continuing issues are. I hope I'm wrong.

I see that Houston has just prepared a number of refrigerated trucks. I don't think they're for ice cream. 

I don't know about how rare continuing issues are. I hope I'm wrong. I see that Houston has just prepared a number of refrigerated trucks. I don't think they're for ice cream.  

Local hospitals in Westchester and Putnam did the same thing. Within 7-10 days they were all gone. Better to be prepared than not.

People were being treated only with hydroxychloroquine, vitamin C, and zinc, and were walking out in droves from local hospitals until they banned it and forced them to send their entire supply of tablets back.

It sounds like you are rooting for COVID-19 to take off? Rather than rooting against it.

EDIT- I just looked and Houston had 16 deaths today. Not 160, just sixteen. Here they are by age and 14 of them had serious underlying issues

2c4ff0d1facc4bf2a7cbf5bb1c2a5a0c.jpg

• Like 2

People were being treated only with hydroxychloroquine, vitamin C, and zinc, and were walking out in droves from local hospitals until they banned it and forced them to send their entire supply of tablets back.

It sounds like you are rooting for COVID-19 to take off? Rather than rooting against it.

When was it banned in NY? 

Rooting for it? No. I’m much older than you, more cynical and have a greater sense of my own mortality. 

As I recall you were advocating reopening by Easter. Where would the state be if we had? 

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

We are headed to the ADK this morning for a long weekend, and it will be interesting to see what I'm sure will be a huge difference in how folks approach this thing. I get it though, if it's not staring you in the face, then life takes precedence. Which is a heck of a lot better than running around scared out of your pants - my daughter works at a pizza shop and some woman came in screaming at them because one of the guys pulled his mask down to wipe the sweat off after taking pies out of a 900 degree oven. It's a tough sell trying to convince him that he needs to be more careful, but there's just no cause for screaming and swearing at kids either. Times are crazy. Hopefully I can find a bit of social distancing in my kayak on some remote pond, but given the national shortage of kayaks, bikes, and outdoor gear - maybe not.

One last poke at the bear (I mean snake): just because someone looks at the same thing as you and disagrees doesn't make them uninformed, naive, or needing to "wake up". It could make them wrong - for example, I think that some informed opinions are seriously mistaken. Or perhaps they have an agenda (I see that, too). But yelling about sheep seems more of a rouse the troops ploy than a serious attempt to communicate your views. I suspect that some see this as a war for the soul of America. But IMHO it is just one more battle in the long game to keep our decency, humanity, and dignity intact.

• Like 5

I'm not sure wearing a 4" piece of cloth across my face to protect people around me is "tip toeing" through life. But anyway, I'll take as much life as I can get ...

There's an old joke. Two elderly women are at a Catskills mountain resort, and one of 'em says: "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know, and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life. Full of loneliness and misery and suffering and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly.

9 minutes ago, left field said:

I'm not sure wearing a 4" piece of cloth across my face to protect people around me is "tip toeing" through life. But anyway, I'll take as much life as I can get ...

Sounds exhilarating ,I'd love to stick around and chat but im late for my drive by birthday party.

Edited by Jeremy K

14 hours ago, left field said:

Here's hoping for a 100% recovery for your friend. This Virus is now causing many health conditions for several that had it.  People, at the beginning of the outbreak we're almost like ashamed to talk about it. Now a few months later, we're finding out much more about our family and friends that had it or were exposed to it.  2020 has really been a shit year for our family and friends.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

At some point you have to ask yourself if tip toeing through life just to arrive at death safely is really the way to live your life.

I agree with you 100% but as much as everyone puts the emphasis on the low percentage of deaths, the age and health conditions, of those that do pass as a way to measure the severity is crazy.

Covid sounds like a terrible way to die and even if one does not die; some of the stories of suffering are terrible.

We all have to go sometime but laying in a hospital hooked up to a ventilator fighting for every breath is not something I would look forward to and doubt many would.

I am not going to live in a cave but will take as many precautions as possible simply because I don't want to suffer to that extent and would not want others to either.

Regardless of all the numbers being thrown around this stuff is for real and is here to stay for quite some time.