Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

Here's hoping for a 100% recovery for your friend. This Virus is now causing many health conditions for several that had it.  People, at the beginning of the outbreak we're almost like ashamed to talk about it. Now a few months later, we're finding out much more about our family and friends that had it or were exposed to it.  2020 has really been a shit year for our family and friends.  

It’s true my mother had a very minor case, she had issues with her eyes for moths and is now experiencing rapid heart beat. It comes and goes and she can’t figure out why.

She says it’s 100% from the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you 100% but as much as everyone puts the emphasis on the low percentage of deaths, the age and health conditions, of those that do pass as a way to measure the severity is crazy.
 Covid sounds like a terrible way to die and even if one does not die; some of the stories of suffering are terrible.
We all have to go sometime but laying in a hospital hooked up to a ventilator fighting for every breath is not something I would look forward to and doubt many would.
I am not going to live in a cave but will take as many precautions as possible simply because I don't want to suffer to that extent and would not want others to either.
Regardless of all the numbers being thrown around this stuff is for real and is here to stay for quite some time.

Exactly it’s really not hard to wear a mask and keep hand sanitizer in your car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Actually it's a sport. Wrestling, tennis, bowling are all called matches. Basketball, baseball, hockey are all games

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

Not a sport ,if you can eat pizza ,french fries and drink beer while you're doing it ,its an activity.

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Can do the same doing baseball and basketball. Pros do it all the time

I'm biting my tongue on baseball because I know there are people who like it here and that's their business. Nobody gets offended if you talk shit about bowling . I like bowling an enjoy doing it but it's not a sport.

I'm biting my tongue on baseball because I know there are people who like it here and that's their business. Nobody gets offended if you talk shit about bowling . I like bowling an enjoy doing it but it's not a sport.
It's a varsity sport. I have the letters to prove it as well as being someone who bowled a perfect game I am highly offended you'd try to insult one of my sports of pride

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

It's a varsity sport. I have the letters to prove it as well as being someone who bowled a perfect game I am highly offended you'd try to insult one of my sports of pride

Enough said , LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bowling in HS?

The only time I went to a bowling alley in high school was to smoke cigarettes and get a blow job in the parking lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bowling in HS?

The only time I went to a bowling alley in high school was to smoke cigarettes and get a blow job in the parking lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cigarettes are very stupid

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Cigarettes are very stupid

It was the only way she would keep going was if biz kept smoking cigarettes,  she didnt realize who's bluff she was calling.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2020 at 5:40 PM, left field said:

There are people who will now have life-long issues either with lungs or other major organs. My friend - 40s, healthy, no comorbidities, is still weak and slightly paralyzed on one side of her face. It's been four months for her. 

What your friend actually has is " Bell's Palsy "  and can be caused by a virus infection. Most people recover within 6 months, but it might take longer . My wife came down with it during the third trimester when pregnant with our youngest son. She woke up with it 2-3 weeks before giving birth . Six months later 80 percent of it went away. But it took a year before she recovered 99 percent.  Now  after 26 years , she has a slight little dimple under one of her eyes when she squints to give me a dirty look. Maybe that dimple was inevitable anyway after putting up with me for 26 years. :rofl:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bells-palsy/symptoms-causes/syc-20370028#:~:text=Rapid onset of mild weakness,ear on the affected side

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

What your friend actually has is " Bell's Palsy "  and can be caused by a virus infection. Most people recover within 6 months, but it might take longer . My wife came down with it during the third trimester when pregnant with our youngest son. She woke up with it 2-3 weeks before giving birth . Six months later 80 percent of it went away. But it took a year before she recovered 99 percent.  Now  after 26 years , she has a slight little dimple under one of her eyes when she squints to give me a dirty look. Maybe that dimple was inevitable anyway after putting up with me for 26 years. :rofl:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bells-palsy/symptoms-causes/syc-20370028#:~:text=Rapid onset of mild weakness,ear on the affected side

Stress can cause that too. I have a friend who lost his sister and her children in a horrific car accident and it caused him to have this

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Stress can cause that too. I have a friend who lost his sister and her children in a horrific car accident and it caused him to have this

That is awful . My heart goes out to him and the remaining family members .  I would not wish a tragedy like that to happen to any family .