Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

Not sure who’s responsible for moving my thread but I want a thread to discuss legitimate aspects of wuhan flu. Keep the political crapping in the other thread. This article seems to sway my opinion away from the wet market idea. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/u-s-diplomats-warned-about-safety-risks-in-wuhan-labs-studying-bats-two-years-before-coronavirus-outbreak/

• Like 1

So if I understand the article, the Chinese were studying this virus before the outbreak and certain US officials were warning Washington that the Chinese lab and its protocols were inadequate?   Not sure how accurate it is but wanted to confirm my comprehension.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

I have a hard time believing this all started with bat soup it seems a little out there.
Sorry for the political crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that 133F degree heat kills the virus.  Did someone mess up and under cooked it?  Conspiracy theories aside.  If it was a natural transfer from a bat, most likely if it would probably be from the result of either 1. someone getting bitten or 2. bat droppings and someone not washing their hands.

22 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So if I understand the article, the Chinese were studying this virus before the outbreak and certain US officials were warning Washington that the Chinese lab and its protocols were inadequate?   Not sure how accurate it is but wanted to confirm my comprehension.  

That was my interpretation. Some Texas based group has some connection to the Wuhan Lab and was reporting that I think. I did not read the exact article above but another one this morning.

6 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Considering that 133F degree heat kills the virus.  Did someone mess up and under cooked it?  Conspiracy theories aside.  If it was a natural transfer from a bat, most likely if it would probably be from the result of either 1. someone getting bitten or 2. bat droppings and someone not washing their hands.

Oh I don't think it's a deliberate attack or any of those conspiracy's floating around,but definitely feel someone or a few workers in those facilities carried it out[unintentionally] and off it went.

That’s how I understand it and watch interviews about it today. I heard the us even tried to gain access to the Chinese facility to help teach safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where do you go to post thoughts that this was a biological attack lol? I’m no conspiracy theorist but I really think they want us out of the picture. 

So now my granddaughter has a high fever and trouble breathing. They didn’t even test her they just started treating her. I am not sure what the treatment is. I will get more info from my wife and report back when I can. 

• Sad 2

Moog that is my thoughts as well. The most interesting point was that the research team was nearly certain they found the bats that caused sars in a cave in yunnan. They were studying those exact bats... and other corona virus from bats, according to the article and some others I read today. I’m  not much of a conspiracy nut but there is some highly interesting coincidences that make the idea of a safety breach much much more fathomable than I previously thought.  Logically it makes more sense accidentally infected someone in the not so safe lab where they studied these diseases.  

4 hours ago, rachunter said:

Oh I don't think it's a deliberate attack or any of those conspiracy's floating around,but definitely feel someone or a few workers in those facilities carried it out[unintentionally] and off it went.

Seems more plausible then the bat soup theory.  My guess is they were trying to figure out a better way to tackle SARS with the meat industry being the main push and they accidentally mutated a new one that "escaped".

• Like 1

What the hell?  They say get outdoors and get fresh air, sunshine and exercise, then they say we can't go fishing in a boat?  Of course it's not essential, but it is something to do while staying away from other people.  These govt people don't seem to know what the other hand is doing, or what's safe and what isn't.  They're playing this whole thing by ear.  Aggravating!