Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

Putnam County Update- my friend played Putnam County golf course and it was packed yesterday. My mom saw a hair salon in Putnam county with chairs outside and women getting haircuts & blowouts. Elective surgeries resume Monday. A bunch more restaurants have reopened.

Westchester County - you can now get antibody testing at any hospital and most urgent cares. But what’s the point? With all the false/positives and even if your positive it doesn’t change anything. Until they know more about these tests I don’t plan on being tested. My brother works at a local hospital and they are not testing employees for antibodies because they feels it’s worthless information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Putnam County Update- my friend played Putnam County golf course and it was packed yesterday. My mom saw a hair salon in Putnam county with chairs outside and women getting haircuts & blowouts. Elective surgeries resume Monday. A bunch more restaurants have reopened.

Westchester County - you can now get antibody testing at any hospital and most urgent cares. But what’s the point? With all the false/positives and even if your positive it doesn’t change anything. Until they know more about these tests I don’t plan on being tested. My brother works at a local hospital and they are not testing employees for antibodies because they feels it’s worthless information

It depends which test you get. Until they can guarantee they're testing me with the 99.9% accurate test then I don't want it. I want to know conclusively not 80% accurate

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Like 1

May 20th outdoor dining reopens just over the border in CT. The hair salon my wife gets hair done at in Greenwich also opens May 20th.

It makes sense. If you can stand in line outside of HD why can’t you eat outside 6ft apart?

May 20th outdoor dining reopens just over the border in CT. The hair salon my wife gets hair done at in Greenwich also opens May 20th.

It makes sense. If you can stand in line outside of HD why can’t you eat outside 6ft apart?

My wife goes to a salon in Greenwich too I wonder if it’s the same one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whom do you trust?

KINGSTON, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Kingston barber with a positive coronavirus diagnosis has been operating “illicitly” throughout “the last few weeks” of the NY on PAUSE directive, according to the Ulster County Health Commissioner.

“We are taking extraordinary measures to try and minimize the spread of this dangerous disease and learning that a barbershop has been operating illicitly for weeks with a COVID-19 positive employee is extraordinarily disheartening. As much as we would all like to go out and get a professional haircut, this kind of direct contact has the potential to dramatically spread this virus throughout our community and beyond.”

DR. CAROL SMITH
ULSTER COUNTY HEALTH COMMISSIONER

Took dog to the vet today , eye Dr called to reschedule April appt. to next week , going to public market for flowers tomorrow then Buffalo to visit daughter . In a couple days putting flowers on the graves in Canandaigua then lunch with sister-in-law , birthday party Friday .

come on gyms,bars and restaurants !

Took dog to the vet today , eye Dr called to reschedule April appt. to next week , going to public market for flowers tomorrow then Buffalo to visit daughter . In a couple days putting flowers on the graves in Canandaigua then lunch with sister-in-law , birthday party Friday .
come on gyms,bars and restaurants !

Jesus, so you have no interest in social distancing at all ?

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

I didn’t open the vets, eye Drs ,or the public market and it’s all done with the made up six foot distance, waiting in cars till, called in  and masks . We’ve got together with friends and family since the get go , one can hangout in a yard with chairs spaced out , while eating drinking and talking . 

For the record for many years , I was the guy who sprayed down the gym equipment before and after I used it, washed my hands before I left and when I got home . Brought disposable TV remote covers to hotels we stayed in and disinfected light switches etc in the room . I started my shift at the firehouse with Lysol and a rag, phones ,keyboards ,doors ,light switches and on and on . I didn’t have to search for N95, gloves, disinfectant, hand sanitizers because I had them . If more followed my standard practices we wouldn’t be where we are today . Wash your hands ,wash common surfaces and don’t lick your fingers to much .

One can live life and avoid a virus very easily , well perhaps not at a population density of 28,000 per square mile , but that’s not us .

I will now sociably distance in our hot tub, with a Montecristo cigar White Label and  Mrs Nomad runs me out gin and tonics , she’s a lucky woman !

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 5

Trying to get ready for my day camp to open at a private club in Westchester. Unfortunately the state or county dept of health have given no guideline or protocols to follow- this new virus that is hitting kids hard is not helping.

The Am Camp Association. just put out am lab 82 page “field guide” to summer camps with multiple links off the 82 pages. That’s how I spent my day- planning while not knowing if our plans will meet the requirements of the agencies who haven’t told us the requirements but will decide if we can or cannot open?!? Sounds about right!

16 hours ago, Chef said:

saw that. June 1 with Rhode Island. What happened to meat shortage though? everything still packed.

saw that. June 1 with Rhode Island. What happened to meat shortage though? everything still packed.

It’s still there I will, not as bad on the retail side as that’s where they are pushing it to, also look at pricing it’s getting High

1 minute ago, Chef said:

It’s still there I will, not as bad on the retail side as that’s where they are pushing it to, also look at pricing it’s getting High

I'm going to Uncle Giuseppe's soon, so we'll see. But i haven't noticed any changes yet. Bell & Evans is always $8.99/lb. anyway LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

A healthcare worker at the.hospital my wife works at tested positive with no symptoms . They started mandatory testing 2 times a week . Wife just got her first test results back . Negative.  Thank god .

what hospital if you don't mind me asking? My brother works at a local hospital that is not testing employees

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Everything? Or the one little grocery store you go to? Go to Acme and get a pic of my stuff for me wouldya??

I did not go to Acme, but Uncle Giuseppe's had tons of meat, chicken, seafood, soft shelled crabs, paper towels, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, bleach, cleaning supplies, etc. @Chef