Why is the doctor calling me???

Robhuntandfish

So my phone rings and I see its my Doctors office.  Ok why are they calling me..... Girl in office tells me that the doctor would like me to come in for a visit as I haven't been in for a while.

Me: Ok.... for what? 

Her: Well you haven't been in since 2018 and the Dr thought he should meet with you - we can make an appt for later in summer. Then she asks where I get my prescriptions.  

Me: I don't really have a place cause I don't take anything or have any prescriptions. Why? 

Her: Just so we have it on file

Me: So why do I need to come in? 

Her: We just haven't seen you in a while and Dr might have you do blood work etc. 

Me: blood work? 

Her: only of it's needed.

So I told her I would have to call her back - busy as hell today delivering supplies, paperwork and vehicle stuff etc. Also at our other location in different county. Told her I would call back tomorrow as I don't have schedule on me. 

Soooo.... After thinking about it , why the hell would I do this?  I really like my Doc but I don't need to go to visit and talk about the weather.  Pushing for business? Hell years ago I called with an issue to make an appt and found out my old Dr retired. So I asked well who is new Dr there?  They said are u sure your a patient here? And I have been all my life.  So they asked me to hold on while they looked into it.  She comes back on the phone and says you haven't been in for 7 years we put your files away.  

Anyway gonna call tomorrow and tell them I'm not coming. Why would I chance going there and getting sick when I am not sick.  Lol  ummm no.

Just had to share. Been pondering this all day. Seemed odd to me. Lol 

I hear ya, I never go unless there is a need too. Hell I didn’t have A doctor for many years, finally  decided to just to use the wife’s . I get blood work done yearly now because of my kidney stone I had 3 yrs ago so good enough for me . But I agree I wouldn’t go in just to go in. But having said that I’m nocking on 50’s door and will be having to be a little more proactive about preventative visits. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I hear ya, I never go unless there is a need too. Hell I didn’t have A doctor for many years, finally  decided to just to use the wife’s . I get blood work done yearly now because of my kidney stone I had 3 yrs ago so good enough for me . But I agree I wouldn’t go in just to go in. But having said that I’m nocking on 50’s door and will be having to be a little more proactive about preventative visits. 

We are about the same age then. Will be 49 soon. 

I did have a DOT physical with work Dr last August as I have to for my CDL. 

But yeah not going right now to sit in a Dr waiting room with sick people when I don't have to. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

We are about the same age then. Will be 49 soon. 

I did have a DOT physical with work Dr last August as I have to for my CDL. 

But yeah not going right now to sit in a Dr waiting room with sick people when I don't have to. 

50 in December for me, I am so looking forward to getting my colon checked :help:

39 minutes ago, rob-c said:

50 in December for me, I am so looking forward to getting my colon checked :help:

I am never doing that. My Mother did that years ago.  They perferated her colon and she had to have surgery. I had to change her dressing every night after work for three weeks for her after she got out of hospital.  Then had to have another surgery for a hernia from the first one. 

No family history of this.  I will never do it. 

Rob, at nearly 50 it is time to have an full annual physical with blood work  and yes, a colonoscopy , and yes a prostate exam too.    Too many things left unchecked can be found out way too late.  

If you are concerned about being there with sick people, let the office know and maybe they can accommodate you in some way.  IDK.  But I would not just say I feel fine, and I’ll see you when I am sick.  It may be too late.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Otto said:

Rob, at nearly 50 it is time to have an full annual physical with blood work  and yes, a colonoscopy , and yes a prostate exam too.    Too many things left unchecked can be found out way too late.  

If you are concerned about being there with sick people, let the office know and maybe they can accommodate you in some way.  IDK.  But I would not just say I feel fine, and I’ll see you when I am sick.  It may be too late.  

Had a full DOT physical for work in August.  Passed with no issues.  Told them that but they still wanted me to come in. Also do Biometrics at work and no issues . Cholesterol good, no sugar etc.  BP is sometimes borderline. 

I understand but don't see the need to take a chance unless I have a real reason. 

But will never do colonoscopy. No. 

Be careful.....Border line high BP can escalate quickly and is a silent killer...nothing to mess with. Also many people have left this Earth alot sooner than they should have and a simple colonoscopy may have helped prevent something major.

I agree with not sitting in a Dr's office now....but would recommend making that appt. For July. Hate hurt to make sure your ok the straight and narrow.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rob, glad to hear the physical was all or mostly good.  Sorry, for preaching to you.   It is your decision, no question.  

I have had 4 colonoscopy and a major surgery on my large intestine.  It was not fun, but I got through it.   I would hate for anyone to ignore a health issue, or worse, be totally unaware of a health issue that would be a difficult and severe problem to solve later on.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Otto said:

Rob, glad to hear the physical was all or mostly good.  Sorry, for preaching to you.   It is your decision, no question.  

I have had 4 colonoscopy and a major surgery on my large intestine.  It was not fun, but I got through it.   I would hate for anyone to ignore a health issue, or worse, be totally unaware of a health issue that would be a difficult and severe problem to solve later on.   

Def didn't think you were preaching at all . And I def appreciate the thought for sure.

Sorry to hear that. Hope u r done with everything there and no further issues.  

I have never been knocked out or under anesthesia. I am scared to death of that. Even had surgery on my leg once and wisdom teeth pulled while awake.  

Just got back home from eastman dental and picking up prescriptions(no procedures allowed right now)wicked tooth problem!funny as i filled out paperwork with no primary dr and BP was high when lady first took it.i got the

Her-do you have high BP.

Me-im not really interested in going to dr and dentist unless something wrong so i have no clue,its probably because im here!

Sure enough it went down as she wanted to check again.i do need to start going on a regular basis but really dont feel the need to unless something wrong.bad enough i had to go in there and get checked for a fever 3 times!!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Be careful.....Border line high BP can escalate quickly and is a silent killer...nothing to mess with. Also many people have left this Earth alot sooner than they should have and a simple colonoscopy may have helped prevent something major.

I agree with not sitting in a Dr's office now....but would recommend making that appt. For July. Hate hurt to make sure your ok the straight and narrow.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Has been borderline for a while and Dr always says don't want to put you on pills for that it isn't high enough.  We will keep an eye on it.  But can't see going right now. Just thought it was odd with everything going on for the Dr to call me out of the blue for an appt over well nothing. Even freaked me out a little when I see them calling. Is there a family member with covid or something? No we just missed you? Lol

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Rob, cool.  Yes, that issue is all taken care of by a very accomplished surgeon.

My first colposcopy I was given propofol, which is one of the drugs Micheal Jackson OD’d on.   They told me to count backwards from 100, I was out before I hit 98.  Woke up 20 minutes later staring at a pretty nurse telling me that I would be quite gassy and it was important to just let it all out.   It was almost surreal! 

• Like 1

My Dad went in for a test on his heart where they put some dye into you. Now this was when I was 8.  He woke up to them beating on his chest after they did a jump start. He asked what the hell happened and they said .. we lost u for a minute Mr Crossway. He grabbed one of the doctors and wasn't happy. Dr came in later and never got close to the bed. Smart man. Explained to him they gave him too much dye?   So yeah not big on tests.   

21 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I wouldn’t go now, or maybe even ever out of the blue. It’s odd, they must have no patients and trying to drum up business.  No thanks. 

I pushed back an early april appointment til early may , i might reschedule again.  

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I think it's more weird you haven't been been to the doctors since  2018 . I go every 6 months for a full blood work review . I have health insurance and I'm gonna get every penny out of it.

Had DOT physical in August just not at personal Dr.  Cholesterol low, sugar perfect.  I haven't had a cold even in three years.  Last time I went I had poison ivy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I wouldn’t go now, or maybe even ever out of the blue. It’s odd, they must have no patients and trying to drum up business.  No thanks. 

That's what I was thinking. Why all of a sudden now?  I feel like I am gonna go there and they send me for blood work etc just for them to get billing.  But regardless not going til August at least.  Which will be one year from work physical. 

I dont know you personally Rob, so please dont take offense, but dont be a putz! I'm sure you pay a large part of your earnings for health care, use it! Our system isn't awesome but you have to believe it's the best in the world. Take advantage of it. 

I can understand your reservations about going to see your Doc, past experiences, the virus thing going on etc. But please, make the appointment. I could give you a couple examples of people I've known who felt great, thought there was nothing wrong w them physically and then they just up and DIED from an undiagnosed issue. 

Get it done Rob. Take care of yourself! 

• Like 1

Thanks all - I will prob go in August as then it will be one year since my last Physical.  Just thought it weird that they called me out of the blue.  They never did this before and Ive gone much longer without being there.  But def not going right now , cant see risking getting sick when I feel fine.  That doesnt make sense.  Not right now so they get billing but risk my health i thought wasnt cool.   

• Like 1