Virus changing your Plans ?

GreeneHunter

16 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I have two tents and a screen house......who has a yard we can sleep in?????  :)

Sure ,large private ,pull through sites , deluxe 4x8 wooden structure , sleeps one person and  unlimited number of mice . Fire pit , well the top,of an old grill turned upside down , needs some repair after the brush hog hit it .

ED74EC8C-AB7B-4408-97B1-726DA4F3FECC.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I have two tents and a screen house......who has a yard we can sleep in?????  :)

34 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Well i sure as hell hope they are open.  Right now i drove around to all the launches i use and they are all blocked and yes i swore out loud at each and every one.  Might be able to set you up with some accomadations before you sleep in the truck.  lol But state parks arent looking good. 

I have a postage stamp for a yard... But.... on my side driveway is my GFs camper in storage.  I can even run electric to it form the house.  So theres an option.  I just havent told her yet- lol. But would need a launch open somewhere to get on the lake.  Also if all this is still closed i will be working.  Im the only one left in my building and all the running and deliveries are me and me only.  But you guys can fend for yourselves i am sure. Will be sure fish cleaning station is open for you. 

• Like 1

We haven't made any specific plans yet. Usually we would be working on a trip to So. Cal. to visit my son and DIL. haven't booked that yet. Hopefully we can go in August? We do have campsites booked for Finger Lakes in July, if they open the State parks by then? A lot is up in the air right now but I do believe we will start coming out of this in about a month if people don't get to crazy and F  everything up! I do plan on turkey hunting in May, but probably by myself and not with the usual buddies. My buddy was just asking me if I could come down to his cabin and help him start to install some kind of water system. He doesn't have running water in the trailer. He collects rain water and fills 2.5 gal jugs to flush the toilet. I really want to help him but my other half thinks I'm crazy to go until this pandemic is over. I'm thinking leave Erie county (1730 confirmed cases) and go to Allegheny county (28 confirmed cases) whats the problem!!

• Like 5

We have a family cruise booked for August. Doubt that happens. Definitely trying times - I rarely take time off for turkey season but I'll be off May 1. Just getting to the woods will be nice. 

Travel deals abound looking out into the future - it's a gamble but some crazy deals. Looked at one trip where air and hotel usually run $1,500-$2K and it can be had almost through the rest of the calendar year for $6-850.

3 minutes ago, Otto said:

Yes I do!  15 minutes from the 81 bridge over Oneida.  And I got some intel on "private" launches somewhere up Chittenango Creek.......

so far i hear south shore is open and godfrey - both state unattended.  But man it will be a madhouse if that's all that's open.  

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

so far i hear south shore is open and godfrey - both state unattended.  But man it will be a madhouse if that's all that's open.  

We will launch at midnight to avoid the crowds and surprise the walleye.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Otto said:

We will launch at midnight to avoid the crowds and surprise the walleye.....

I am gonna be shocked if they stay open.  Cant imagine 2-3 launches open for the entire lake on the first Sat.  DEC and the State will stomp on it i am betting.  Lines will be out and down the road.  Hopefully they lift this stupid restriction by then.  

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I have a postage stamp for a yard... But.... on my side driveway is my GFs camper in storage.  I can even run electric to it form the house.  So theres an option.  I just havent told her yet- lol. But would need a launch open somewhere to get on the lake.  Also if all this is still closed i will be working.  Im the only one left in my building and all the running and deliveries are me and me only.  But you guys can fend for yourselves i am sure. Will be sure fish cleaning station is open for you. 

One way or another this trip is happening.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Cuomo ordered all New Yorkers to wear masks or Classy bananas by Friday. Going shopping for the proper banana now. 

You might want to check out the Corona Virus thread.  There's a black dude there who kept showing off his banana.   LOL

Edited by steve863
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Daughters trip in July with French class to France Italy and Spain donesville. Have our yearly trip to Ithaca planned at the moment but doubtful now. 

I'm paying for an apartment for my daughter who goes to Ithaca College wide open TF as my daughter is home of course with school closed. :-(

The biggest disappointment is for my daughter who was going to do the coming fall semester abroad at the University of Sydney in Australia which is dunzo now. Numerous concerts and a ballgame or two and Ticketmaster is being a bitch. 

Already cancelled some work trips and a conference in Texas next month.

I also had two concerts this summer that are obviously cancelled.  Bon Jovi/Bryan Adams and The Backstreet Boys.  Hey!  This is a judgement free zone!!

BULLSHAT...no judgement zone. I am terribly disappointed in the people who read this post and didn’t bust you balls(or lack thereof!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

BULLSHAT...no judgement zone. I am terribly disappointed in the people who read this post and didn’t bust you balls(or lack thereof!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went back and forth on razzing that then realized if he is bad ass enough to put it out there that he is a Backstreet fanboy he may just be tough enough to smoosh me for making fun of him lol!!

• Haha 1