Mushrooms yet?

Al Bundy

Anyone out looking yet? Besides me? Biz keep your eyes open on your daily walk.. Bill.. turkey wandering should take you through some good shroom areas..  grab a cell phone shot and post if you see any.   I did my own lunch time  wander and didn’t find a lick of em growing.  I do see scores of acorns about everywhere. My lab has started to eat them. 

lm not usually at hunting camp this time of year but the times I made it I found what looked like morels growing. Never did follow up as I didn’t see enough for a meal.  Will be doing in the coming weeks. 

12 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Too eary here in CNY. we got another dusting of snow this morning,just like last morning. At least a month until morel season here..

Mike,

What's the earliest you find morels around here. I never seem to catch the first flush?

12 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Mike,

What's the earliest you find morels around here. I never seem to catch the first flush?

I am not very good at finding them really,but i think the 2nd half of May is the earliest for me. The few spots i know are at higher elevation,1800 or a little more. I think in the valleys they could be a little earlier...