You Must Wear a Mask in public starting Friday

CharlieNY

I think it gives people a false sense of security.  I watch people touch things then put their mask on, or take off after touching things.

Not helping if not using correctly.  I myself will not be wearing one. I will keep my hands clean, attempt to keep safe distance,  not eat out and keep doing what I have done.

I believe life has risks,  if traveling in a car, climbing a treestand, boating ect.

I am at a point with covid 19 that if i get it my body will build an immunity to it or I will die, but I won't live my life in a bubble, scared of doing the simplest of things. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I think it gives people a false sense of security.  I watch people touch things then put their mask on, or take off after touching things.

Not helping if not using correctly.  I myself will not be wearing one. I will keep my hands clean, attempt to keep safe distance,  not eat out and keep doing what I have done.

I believe life has risks,  if traveling in a car, climbing a treestand, boating ect.

I am at a point with covid 19 that if i get it my body will build an immunity to it or I will die, but I won't live my life in a bubble, scared of doing the simplest of things. 

The mask is not to protect you.  It's to prevent you from spreading it in the event you're a silent carrier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Just Lucky said:

And if someone is so scared of catching the virus then they should stay home

Then all services will have to shut down.  Why does the sanitation workers have to come and pick up your trash or police patrol the streets?  Can't they be afraid to catch the virus and refuse to work?

• Like 1

Some businesses do when the current law says you need to be wearing a mask to be in the store.  Public servants cannot refuse to do their jobs if they don't quit, but can put parameters in place regarding how they interact with the public, like keeping distance and physical interaction.

The actual order from the King is we have to wear them in public only if social distancing can’t be done. In his press conference he mentioned like on a crowded sidewalk or the subway or train.
That said, I’ve been wearing a mask in public for the last week. I feel like a bad citizen not wearing one in public.

• Like 3

My brother works in our local Hannaford.  As of yesterday, all on floor workers have to wear a mask.  They gave him one mask with a paper bag that's supposed to absorb the moisture. Has to reuse mask and bag.  Store will also require all customers to wear a mask per Andy's orders. 

Edited by mowin

Some people will feel uncomfortable wearing a mask and certain races too. Others will say they cannot afford a mask/gloves. My dad went grocery shopping yesterday and said the store was requiring it. He wore a bandana around his face but the store was providing gloves and masks. I think stores will have to provide this in order to keep it going. If someone wants to buy stuff but forgot their mask, the store will have to provide something or let the person pull their shirt up over their nose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

And if someone is so scared of catching the virus then they should stay home

So, your right to ignore the masking policy supersedes somebody else's right to go into public without having to chance catching the virus from you? I suppose that defines how you think then. It's very different from how I think. Where do you draw the line? If you actually have the virus, should you still have the right to go around infecting people? Or is ignorance bliss, and it's only your uncertainty that allows you to make these choices? In terms of cost-benefit, where is the moral imperative? Does it change your viewpoint if it's your mother, wife, or progeny who is exposed to a carrier because of THEIR right not to wear a mask? What if they subsequently die? These are not rhetorical questions. These are questions that we all need to ask ourselves. I do not advocate giving up our individual rights entirely to kowtow the public interests, but there has to be balance IMHO.

Masks will protect other people from me. It's a low cost to me, and so I will wear one when social distancing isn't possible. And I will refuse to interact with folks who don't wear them. In fact, if there's a mandate to wear them, I'll turn them in, same as I would a poacher. That's my choice. This is war and I refuse to side with the enemy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Ironically the entire post is just that. 

This is part of living in a civilized society.  The whole point of wearing a mask is to protect others.  Refusing to wear one is not an exercise of personal freedom as much as a blatant disregard for the wellbeing of others.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, virgil said:

This is part of living in a civilized society.  The whole point of wearing a mask is to protect others.  Refusing to wear one is not an exercise of personal freedom as much as a blatant disregard for the wellbeing of others.

I am not disagreeing that it is the best move socially to wear one. I will be wearing one but I do get the concern, in the face of a man like Cuomo, just how easily everyone has fallen into lockstep. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I am not disagreeing that it is the best move socially to wear one. I will be wearing one but I do get the concern, in the face of a man like Cuomo, just how easily everyone has fallen into lockstep. 

Fine.  But, it's not smart to disregard the message because you don't like the messenger.  Cuomo's directive comes based on the advice of experts- not on a whim.  The only reason that we're starting to see some positive trends in slowing this thing down is because most people are 'falling into lockstep'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1