You Must Wear a Mask in public starting Friday

CharlieNY

"edit to say, this is why the mustache is so popular with our firefighters. The cannot have facial hair beyond the stash area. fun fact"  ;)

That is true.  As a firefighter I have to keep it shaved for Scott Pack use.

Edited by Rattler

34 minutes ago, Belo said:

a few weeks ago i was going to wegmans to fill a script for my kid with strep. I waited at the doors as a few people in front of me grabbed carts, you know... giving them their space. This early 20's something girl literally brushes past me, head glued to her phone and grabs a cart next to the old couple who I was giving space too. I did my best old man gruff (i'm 36) and she couldn't care less. 

Wondering how the courts of NY would look upon our use of exercising our right to use our CC's if presented with this situation. I mean, Corona kills right?

The “Stand Your Ground” law pivots on two presumptions when defending a criminal defendant making a self defense case.

1. It is presumed that the defendant had a reasonable fear that deadly force was necessary in the given situation.
  2. It is presumed that the intruder was intending to commit an unlawful act involving life threatening violence or force.

My wife was telling me that kids were purposely coughing at people on our local bike path, I told her thats why I dont carry. 

• Like 1

a few weeks ago i was going to wegmans to fill a script for my kid with strep. I waited at the doors as a few people in front of me grabbed carts, you know... giving them their space. This early 20's something girl literally brushes past me, head glued to her phone and grabs a cart next to the old couple who I was giving space too. I did my best old man gruff (i'm 36) and she couldn't care less. 
Wondering how the courts of NY would look upon our use of exercising our right to use our CC's if presented with this situation. I mean, Corona kills right?

The “Stand Your Ground” law pivots on two presumptions when defending a criminal defendant making a self defense case.
  1. It is presumed that the defendant had a reasonable fear that deadly force was necessary in the given situation.
  2. It is presumed that the intruder was intending to commit an unlawful act involving life threatening violence or force.
I would call that straight up murder on your part if that were the case

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Like 1

I will not be wearing a mask. I'm not worried about it. It's a feel good, knee jerk response to give people a warm and fuzzy feeling that they have some miniscule amount of control over the situation. If liquor stores are more essential than a boat launch then I'm not trusting their call on this topic either.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Forget Cuomo.  It's also recommended by the CDC and any other health expert.  Right now we're at a war and the medical professionals are the soldiers.  If you can't show enough respect for them by wearing a mask even if it is symbolic how can you say you stand behind them and support them?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Forget Cuomo.  It's also recommended by the CDC and any other health expert.  Right now we're at a war and the medical professionals are the soldiers.  If you can't show enough respect for them by wearing a mask even if it is symbolic how can you say you stand behind them and support them?
So now this is another "if you aren't for it then you're against it" debate? It has nothing to do with respecting nurses so stop twisting it to fit your agenda. You can believe whatever you want, do whatever you want. I'm not going to wear a mask, I'm not telling you not to wear one, nor am I judging you on what you respect based on a piece of cloth over your face.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chrisw said:

So now this is another "if you aren't for it then you're against it" debate? It has nothing to do with respecting nurses so stop twisting it to fit your agenda. You can believe whatever you want, do whatever you want. I'm not going to wear a mask, I'm not telling you not to wear one, nor am I judging you on what you respect based on a piece of cloth over your face.

It has everything to do with respecting nurses.  I'm sure they absolutely love having to tend another patient.  Any little thing you can do to potential reduce the number of "enemies" for them to face *proven or not"...wouldn't you want to try?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It has everything to do with respecting nurses.  I'm sure they absolutely love having to tend another patient.  Any little thing you can do to potential reduce the number of "enemies" for them to face *proven or not"...wouldn't you want to try?
If that's how you see it then so be it. I have 4 very good friends in the nursing field and I don't see it as disrespectful to them. I guess if you've ever gone over the speed limit then you're anti law enforcement too by your logic. Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I was only kidding with my "October Evening Wear"

I wear an N95 when I have to.

They offered us some surgical masks[2] at work today.I gave them to someone else.i like the cloth washable garter mask,plus I can always go full cover and hide in the garden section if I need too.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, virgil said:

People like you are the reason that healthcare workers get burnt out- no concern for others and defiantly proud of your thoughtlessness.  But, we don't stay home because we need to help the innocent people who are unnecessarily infected by 

You seem very judgemental of others who do not agree with your view of the world. I do not think the mandatory masks will help. If you watch people with them on in the stores they are touching their face more because of the mask which increases chances of getting covid.It seems to be more of a fashionable item if you ask me, just look at people on hear taking selfies for example.

Also some experts would argue the best way to defeat a virus is exposure so that you build an immunity to it. There is more ways to get vacinated then through big pharmaceutical companies. 

Not all people run to the doctors and hospitals when they are sick. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Belo said:

Any beard or wrinkle in how it's applied that lets air enter your lungs unfiltered will render it far less effectivee. If you are going to wear an n95, you need to shave!

We made a "supply run" to Walmart today, mainly for our parents. I about died when I saw an Amish guy with a big thick long  beard wearing an N95!! WTF!! Oh well, at least he was trying!! LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok I have a stack of N 95s and 2020 ffp2 an equivalent one . I was issued N95 at work , this involved fit testing , a plastic hood placed over ones head and shoulders , an odor sprayed inside ,then a series of movements and talking to ensure you had a proper size and seal .

There were proper donning , doffing and disposal procedures , they’re a one time use item , and considered contaminated after its use .

Fast forward to today and citizens using , Bandanas, and t shirts , I have a hard time not laughing ,they don’t filter down to the needed micron size,nor seal at all . Then they touch the damn thing, toss it on the car seat, put in a pocket or purse contaminating everything it touches .

Cabin fever, same thing at Hegedeons, full beard and floppy surgical mask, I wanted to tell him his beard was like a giant Velcro strip .... forget about ruining the seal .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 5

It seems to me that the ones that refuse to wear a mask are the ones that dont want their rights taken away yet on the other hand, not wearing a mask is taking away my rights and everyone else's right to be protected as advised by the experts.

Spotting a narcissistic person these days is really becoming easy to do.  Zero regard for others. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

It seems to me that the ones that refuse to wear a mask are the ones that dont want their rights taken away yet on the other hand, not wearing a mask is taking away my rights and everyone else's right to be protected as advised by the experts.

Spotting a narcissistic person these days is really becoming easy to do.  Zero regard for others. 

So cuomo is an expert?

If masks are used incorrectly, which most people do it increases your chances of catching the virus.

Plus where are all these masks being made ? China or the USA? 

So would it be safe to say wearing masks is supporting China more than America?

• Like 1