You Must Wear a Mask in public starting Friday

CharlieNY

On 4/17/2020 at 7:20 PM, Just Lucky said:

And not all scientists or doctors agree with you. Just the ones on CNN, MSNBC,  ect.

Some experts believe face coverings will increase your likelihood of being exposed.  Go sit on a bench with your mask on, of course and watch people fidgeting with them, then if you see the opposite then you can say I am wrong.

The only time I will be wearing one is while working at my job. I choose to wear it as a condition of employment,  not because I am fearful of the virus but because I like working.

also the ones on Fox, including Trump and his teams are recommending them. Is Alex Jones your source?

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, NonTypical said:

An officer stopped at our job site today. We are working in a high profile area along a major road. He told us that masks need to be worn. Someone must’ve called in a complaint. The officer was NOT wearing one. Needless to say, he didn’t stay long and we continued on with our day. 

he would be incorrect unless you were in public. The private workforce is exempt, so long as that workforce is essential. 

On 4/18/2020 at 8:16 AM, chrisw said:

Honestly I only mentioned the boat ramp thing to show that the "rules" they are coming up with are complete BS. 

no, what you're doing is pointing to 1 of the bad decisions made during this and then lumping up everything else into it as also bad. Out of the dozen or so ordinances put in place, a few have been bad. That doesn't mean the rest are as well. Isn't this the same motto gun owners live by? Don't punish me for the actions of a few idiots?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

he would be incorrect unless you were in public. The private workforce is exempt, so long as that workforce is essential. 

We are we on town property. I believe this town also passed an ordinance as well requiring masks be worn in public. Screw that. The only time I put my mask on is when I go in the deli for lunch. 

6 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

We are we on town property. I believe this town also passed an ordinance as well requiring masks be worn in public. Screw that. The only time I put my mask on is when I go in the deli for lunch. 

well you may incur a fine. that's your gamble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

well you may incur a fine. that's your gamble.

I’m isolated in a crane all day. I’ll take the chance. The local pd watches us all day long without saying a word. The only reason they did last week was because of a complaint. Even the pd are not wearing masks. 

i have n95's but wore my camo turkey facemask (3/4) to get some essentials (wine) on Friday. I also had my cc with me. There's something odd about walking into a liquor store with a mask and gun...

Maybe for some people...

I had to refrain from yelling “HEY MAN I WAS HERE FIRST!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NonTypical said:

I’m isolated in a crane all day. I’ll take the chance. The local pd watches us all day long without saying a word. The only reason they did last week was because of a complaint. Even the pd are not wearing masks. 

You working in the Hamptons? Since all the cidiots raced out there the local PD and fire marshals been cracking down out there. 

Edited by bruno1
Misspelled word

2 hours ago, bruno1 said:

You working in the Hamptons? Since all the cidiots raced out there the local PD and fire marshals been cracking down out there. 

Yup. Three Mile Harbor. Since it’s a municipal job, everyone has been looking the other way and leaving us alone. I do know that many complaints against us have been called in because we’ve been working. I can’t wait for all these people to go back to the city. Labor Day can’t come soon enough. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

I wear my compliant mask because:I do not want to deal with some over zealous police officer or some psychotic worry wart thinking I might infect them or getting kicked out of a store due to violating their "you must wear a mask" sign at the entrance door.  Who needs the Bravo Sierra of arrest, fine or physical altercation?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

Surgeon general? Do to the facts of being misused.  Sorry, I guess I gave you too much credit.

You mean thee Surgeon General?  The one here recommending that all people wear face masks?  Doing so while in the presence of President Trump?

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/surgeon-general-explains-evolution-of-cdc-face-mask-guidance-81619013687

Edited by Elmo
  • Thanks 1

What I'd like to know is how in the world did this guy get chosen as the Surgeon General of the United States?  He was apparently head of Pence's health department in Indiana, but I don't know if I'd trust him to put a bandaid on a cut.  Many claim that Trump drained the swamp, but he sure as hell scraped the bottom of the barrel with some of his choices for key government positions.  

3 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

The one you just posted is dated March 2nd.  The one I posted was April 3rd in which he admits he was wrong and that you should wear it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

The one you just posted is dated March 2nd.  The one I posted was April 3rd in which he admits he was wrong and that you should wear it.

So people are now using correctly? I witness otherwise. By wearing one, I will agree it protects strangers in public, however used wrong it increases for the person wearing which in turn increases exposing our own loved ones. 

I have also witnessed that in less than a week people with masks  people are no longer practicing social distancing. False sense of security is being given.

So better to protect a stranger, then our own family is now what we should be doing? 

I am a believer in protecting mine first, then others. Again if someone is concerned for their own health change your own habits but to force on others is wrong. Freedom of individual choice is what my concern is. And based on state executive orders alot has been taken.

43 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

So people are now using correctly? I witness otherwise. By wearing one, I will agree it protects strangers in public, however used wrong it increases for the person wearing which in turn increases exposing our own loved ones. 

I have also witnessed that in less than a week people with masks  people are no longer practicing social distancing. False sense of security is being given.

People who wear it incorrectly can put themselves at risk.  But sir, that's you.  You're the wearer.  Just don't put it on incorrectly.  It's not like the person who put on their mask incorrectly is touching your face.

1 hour ago, Just Lucky said:

If a fart can get through underwear and a pair of jeans, how can a mask made of cloth save you from covid? Asking for a friend..

Here is another

it doesn't. It prevents the wearer who may have the virus from spreading it via water droplets to surfaces. The droplets are then spread from someone touching the surface and then touching their nose, eyes or mouth (hence wash your hands). The user is not 100% protected (like an n95), but it does help. If a bunch of asymptomatic people are roaming walmart, they aren't spreading it, which keeps you safer.

I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept and why you are challenging every doctor, health and safety professional and scientist. Why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1