You Must Wear a Mask in public starting Friday

CharlieNY

3 hours ago, cas said:

The same people who for a month told us we shouldn't wear them. 

You mean back when there was a shortage and medical professionals couldn't get any because people were hoarding them?  Now that they've were able to re-supply the narrative has changed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, chrisw said:

I will not be wearing a mask. I'm not worried about it. It's a feel good, knee jerk response to give people a warm and fuzzy feeling that they have some miniscule amount of control over the situation. If liquor stores are more essential than a boat launch then I'm not trusting their call on this topic either.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, chrisw said:

So now this is another "if you aren't for it then you're against it" debate? It has nothing to do with respecting nurses so stop twisting it to fit your agenda. You can believe whatever you want, do whatever you want. I'm not going to wear a mask, I'm not telling you not to wear one, nor am I judging you on what you respect based on a piece of cloth over your face.

how is this not a "if you're not for it, you're against it". I'm with you on the boat launch issue. I also don't have a problem with the liquor store issue. People are f'n stressed and others are chemically dependent. Now's not the time to try prohibition again.

However, just because you're pissed about the launch, doesn't mean you shouldn't do what you can to help stop the spread. You not complying, is being against it. period.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

.It seems to be more of a fashionable item if you ask me,

except nobody did ask you. Most people prefer to get their science and medical opinions for doctors and scientist.

let me guess, the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake and global warming isn't real because it snowed in April.

Am I close?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nomad said:

Ok I have a stack of N 95s and 2020 ffp2 an equivalent one . I was issued N95 at work , this involved fit testing , a plastic hood placed over ones head and shoulders , an odor sprayed inside ,then a series of movements and talking to ensure you had a proper size and seal .

There were proper donning , doffing and disposal procedures , they’re a one time use item , and considered contaminated after its use .

Fast forward to today and citizens using , Bandanas, and t shirts , I have a hard time not laughing ,they don’t filter down to the needed micron size,nor seal at all . Then they touch the damn thing, toss it on the car seat, put in a pocket or purse contaminating everything it touches .

Cabin fever, same thing at Hegedeons, full beard and floppy surgical mask, I wanted to tell him his beard was like a giant Velcro strip .... forget about ruining the seal .

there are 2 things at play here. The n95 is for the wearer, which is why companies and citizens shouldn't be buying them, they should be going to the hospitals.Then you have the "face covering", which ranges from a surgical mask to a bandanna. The intent of this is to prevent the wearer from spreading contaminated droplets. They provide no protection to the user. This is all over the news, and many still seem confused. The major issue with this virus is that many can be carriers with no symptoms, which is why guys like Chris need to stop being dicks about it.

Don't do it because Cuomo told you to do it, Don't do it because the CDC told you to do it. DO IT for @First-light mom who is recovering DO IT for @Chef mom who is recovering DO IT for @squirrelwhisperer daughter and granddaughter who are still fighting it. These are real people, people that many of us know personally DO IT for them and others like them because you never know if that silly face covering might actually prevent you from spreading it to someone like them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

New York State is at least 4- 6 weeks late imposing this face mask requirement. 

I agree.  Seems like there are plenty of naysayers here about wearing masks, but I for one think they work better than the experts tell us.  They may not be 100%, but even 10 or 20% is way better than the 0% when you don't wear a mask.  And yes, you can contaminate yourself if you don't use them properly, but if you use some common sense how can they hurt?  I don't have any N95's but I wear a homemade mask and even put a folded paper towel on the inside of it for extra protection.  What the hell do I have to lose?   I can fight for my other rights when this drama is over.  I will admit that I was a skeptic about this virus when it first started, and the real truth is that only a small percentage will die from it, but as others have said here, you don't want any of your loved ones to be part of that small percentage.  So it's best to take all the precautions we can.

• Haha 1

there are 2 things at play here. The n95 is for the wearer, which is why companies and citizens shouldn't be buying them, they should be going to the hospitals.Then you have the "face covering", which ranges from a surgical mask to a bandanna. The intent of this is to prevent the wearer from spreading contaminated droplets. They provide no protection to the user. This is all over the news, and many still seem confused. The major issue with this virus is that many can be carriers with no symptoms, which is why guys like Chris need to stop being dicks about it.
Ill be your sacrificial lamb Belo. I've been called worse by better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Does anyone think we should be doing this FOR 18 MONTHS until there is a vaccine?

if so, bank robberies will sky rocket. I had a cop inside citibank in nyc once tell me to take my sunglasses off before making a withdrawal

14 hours ago, Elmo said:

You mean back when there was a shortage and medical professionals couldn't get any because people were hoarding them? 

It doesn't seem to have changed much considering all the people I see wearing bandanas over their face. (While I haven't been wearing a mask, I do have several in my jacket pocket and have been giving them out to people in stores when I see them with their make shift face rags). How is the emperor declaring everyone MUST wear them helping that situation? 

And how exactly were people keeping them from the medical establishment being able to get them? I don't know any hospitals that are buying them in 3 packs from Home Depot. Nor do I know any people who have accounts with major medical supply companies.

Fear and untruths spread more fear and untruths. 

Edited by cas
  • Like 3

Several weeks ago you couldn't even order them from the Amazon.  Now I see them in the supermarket.  Places like Amazon and supermarkets get their bulk from the same suppliers.  You don't need to have a hospital account to order from medical supply companies.  BTW, my wife works for Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NYC.  I'm not getting this information from random articles.  I'm telling you from talking to people in the front lines of the epicenter.  Not doctors and nurses in a hardly effected area.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/feds-distribute-200k-n95-masks-seized-from-coronavirus-hoarder/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Belo said:

except nobody did ask you. Most people prefer to get their science and medical opinions for doctors and scientist.

let me guess, the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake and global warming isn't real because it snowed in April.

Am I close?

No clearly it snowed in April because nobody is traveling which proves global warming is real.

And not all experts believe facemasks are helping, you are smart enough to know that, I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1