You Must Wear a Mask in public starting Friday

CharlieNY

39 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Depends on what he was wearing during the briefing yesterday. His tie is a possible giveaway...

Purple tie versus blue tie.  White shirt versus light blue shirt.  Black suit versus navy blue suit.

Also, didn't someone mention how the death toll miraculously jumped up from 600+ to over 1000 after Trumps re-opening statement?  More like 630.  Not sure where they got that 1000+ number from.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Purple tie versus blue tie.  White shirt versus light blue shirt.  Black suit versus navy blue suit.

Also, didn't someone mention how the death toll miraculously jumped up from 600+ to over 1000 after Trumps re-opening statement?  More like 630.  Not sure where they got that 1000+ number from.

Capture.JPG

Politics creeping into the mix. 

So the post is FALSE.  Thank you to rattler for posting the governors agenda.  He was not in the city.  His outfits do not match.  It is clearly an old picture that the pizzeria just posted on their facebook page for free publicity.  Yet we were made to believe he is not adhering to social distancing.  Nothing more than fake news.  

19 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

The herd immunity isn’t a crazy idea.  Sweden is doing that right now   Its business as usual over there with some minor tweaks.  It will be interesting to see how that works out for them.  I hope it doesn't backfire. 

Talked to a Swedish friend today who is spending three days in Stockholm and four days on his island in the archipelago. He said that Swedes are the ultimate isolators - live alone, not overly demonstrative, independent elderly population. We’ll see if this works. 

42 minutes ago, left field said:

Talked to a Swedish friend today who is spending three days in Stockholm and four days on his island in the archipelago. He said that Swedes are the ultimate isolators - live alone, not overly demonstrative, independent elderly population. We’ll see if this works. 

Its also different to isolate in country of 10 million people compared to 365+ million we have here.  Im interested to see how it all plays out.  

1 minute ago, diplomat019 said:

Its also different to isolate in country of 10 million people compared to 365+ million we have here.  Im interested to see how it all plays out.  

Herd immunity seems like the quickest way out of this situation. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Possibly.  But once we started with quarantining here, I think we had to see it through.  No sense in quarantining for two weeks, then flipping to herd immunity, to find out it didn't work and have to go back to a quarantine.  We chose one and stuck with it.  

• Like 1

I get the sense here that the folks that refuse to wear a mask have a major hard on for Cuomo and have a phobia for having their rights taken away from them by government.

Ill let you in on a secret... A lot of folks on here do not care for the way our Coumo does things and shoves them down our throats.  I'm not crazy about it in the least either.  But doing something as simple as wearing a mask in a public place is not a whole lot to ask.  It is very simple to do, it doesn't hurt anyone and it just might help our your neighbor, friend, loved one or a perfect stranger.

This is a humanitarian thing at this point.  To refuse to TRY to help another by doing something so simple just shows a lack of respect, an infinite amount of selfishness and an abundant amount of pent up hate.  The day may come where you have to answer to that and I hope it doesnt come down to that, but if it does, it can all change by giving your fellow human beings break right now.

Have fun with this thread,.. I am out

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I won’t wear one, did my weekly shopping today and had no problem with social distancing. I’d say it was 50-50 had them on. Those with masks avoided me like the plague, that’s reason enough not to wear one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But really, the real reason you did not wear one is because you do not or cannot think of anyone other than your self

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Merlot said:

You do realize that herd immunity is to either A. everyone gets vaccinated or B. everyone gets infected and just let those with susceptible to the desease die off thus leaving a population that's immune to pass on their DNA.  What if you're one of those that's susceptible?  Since there's no vaccine yet.  A sacrifice to make a more powerful human species, right?

2 hours ago, BigVal said:

To my surprise the large majority in wal mart were wearing masks. And this is in springville lol. Still some not wearing them.

I was in that Springville Walmart today and left at 6:10pm

I can vouch for your statement, most were but not all. I also was happily surprised. 

• Like 1

Yesterday afternoon we got the call we were hoping to not get; the Assisted Living facility my father in law is at said that yes, he as positive for Covid 19

He has no symptoms but will be quarantined for 14 days and monitored multiple times each day. 

My wife and I can’t stand the masks either but have no problem wearing them in stores or where necessary.  You’d have to be a fool to not wear one....

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

This is what we will be seeing on TV next year.

If you used brand X hand sanitizer during the Covid-19 pandemic and your Balls fell off. You may be in-titled to financial compensation for your Balls falling off.

Call us BS & BS Attorneys at Law at 1800-eat-shit. We don't get paid unless you get paid.:spiteful:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My problem with the masks is so many have no clue how to wear , don, doff or handle them correctly  . Your homemade mask, surgical masks, don’t  seal property ,nor filter to the necessary micron level to stop the virus . Few can tell you if they wear one to protect the wearer or those around them .....  

Then if you actually know it’s to protect others from you , you have to consider the mask contaminated, after wearing no ?  So no touching the mask , no putting it in your pocket, purse , on the car seat etc, as that would contaminate those surfaces too .

The dept I worked for still considers a N95 a one time use only , and its put in a bio hazard bag after use for proper disposal, so yes seeing folks reuse ,touch , stick in their purse a homemade mask, seems well, less then ideal,  to be polite . It’s kinda like reusing a condom .

3CD45BF4-42DF-4A23-A4DF-56397C45BFD2.jpeg

• Like 5

I wear it because I'm used to it.

However, I do understand this virus has a 98% survival rate.  Even if someone gets it and reacts badly to it, the chances of dying from it are very low.  I feel the fear factor regarding this virus is way overblown.

7 hours ago, Nomad said:

Then if you actually know it’s to protect others from you , you have to consider the mask contaminated, after wearing no ?  So no touching the mask , no putting it in your pocket, purse , on the car seat etc, as that would contaminate those surfaces too .

Not exactly, if you have the virus everything you touch is already contaminated. You keep confusing the method healthcare workers and others need to do with what a sick patient would have to do. It’s not the same.