Best work class Side by Side

On 4/18/2020 at 11:47 AM, Will_C said:

If you are sure you want a work machine, look the Kubota over. I have had mine since 2013. It has a metal hydraulic dump bed. I haul 1/3 cord loads of firewood out of the woods, pull a roller, cultipacker and drags doing food plot work, use it during deer season to take  out stands to be hung, haul deer out. It spends it's life on my 10acres, my brother's 80 acres across the road, and 80 acres next to that we lease.

it doesn't excite you to drive. I view it more as a "fast" tractor.

What size is yours? Kubota and JD are on the list as well, But i think they are an even heavier bill, compared to the others. Yea I have no care to go fast whatsoever, I just want to work and the occasional slow ride around the country with the fam. Ive owned atvs my entire life.. speed is a thing of the past.. lol

On 4/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, farmer 52 said:

JD Gator,I  its a 620i,gas job.Bought it new in 2010,its been a workhorse for me, general use around home and hunting camp.Probably hauled 35-40 face cord of firewood per year out of the woods.Not a fast unit ,but has surely got the work done.I can honestly say i would definitely buy another one,100% satisfied

Was looking at the JD and Kubota as well, many of my neighbors have Kubotas.. And i see a few Jd rigs around as well.  

I have a pioneer 500. I have a quick removal box, not dump box. I use it for snow removal, wood, hauling, hunting.  Definitely reliable, goes up and down most anything. Auto or manual shaft drive is great for steep hills. I would buy another pioneer in a minute. And can register like a wheeler but I use a triangle.

Cons are narrow wheel base, can get through tight spaces but makes it hairy on side hills. Seating is tight but can still fit 2 6ft guys in there. Ground clearance is low so can get hung up on stumps (that is what a winch is for). And of course the 500 doesn't have the dump box which can be good or bad. It comes with racks then an optional quick attached box which I have.20180203_130224.thumb.jpg.ecf195893b778aa81907f5b673bf06cd.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, Just Lucky said:

I have a pioneer 500. I have a quick removal box, not dump box. I use it for snow removal, wood, hauling, hunting.  Definitely reliable, goes up and down most anything. Auto or manual shaft drive is great for steep hills. I would buy another pioneer in a minute. And can register like a wheeler but I use a triangle.

Cons are narrow wheel base, can get through tight spaces but makes it hairy on side hills. Seating is tight but can still fit 2 6ft guys in there. Ground clearance is low so can get hung up on stumps (that is what a winch is for). And of course the 500 doesn't have the dump box which can be good or bad. It comes with racks then an optional quick attached box which I have.20180203_130224.thumb.jpg.ecf195893b778aa81907f5b673bf06cd.jpg

My wife's uncle has the pioneer 500, and since its a honda id buy one in a heart beat as well.. but as you mentioned after riding it a few times, its quite small.. narrow wheel base and its tight for 2 full grown men. Hes actually selling his since its a tad too small for his liking.. 

• 3 months later...