My goodness, some of you act like Trump is such an innocent victim. Do you think there's a chance that his approval ratings suck and the reason that a lot of people don't like him (myself included) might be in some part be because of him, even a little bit?

I don't like Trump, because of Trump. Even if I might like the idea of something he does, he won't let me agree with him because he can't keep himself from crapping all over a message. I mean, I like pie, but if someone hands me a pie covered in poop, I'm not gonna eat it, I don't care how good it is.

I don't blame anyone for liking him, not saying any of you are wrong. Just know that he is a victim of nothing other than himself when it comes to people like me not liking him and not supporting him. It's not the media's fault, and more importantly, it's not your fault that I don't support him. He is who he is, and some like it, but a lot of folks don't.

Edited by Splitear_Leland

1 minute ago, Splitear_Leland said:

My goodness, some of you act like Trump is such an innocent victim. Do you think there's a chance that his approval ratings suck and the reason that a lot of people don't like him (myself included) might be in some part be because of him, even a little bit?

Trump is "attacked" by the media, by the "dumocrats" and he's just a blameless martyr. 

I don't like Trump, because of Trump. Even if I might like the idea of something he does, he won't let me agree with him because he can't keep himself from crapping all over a message. I mean, I like pie, but if someone hands me a pie covered in poop, I'm not gonna eat it, I don't care how good it is.

I don't blame anyone for liking him, not saying any of you are wrong. Just know that he is a victim of nothing other than himself when it comes to people like me not liking him and not supporting him. It's not the media's fault, and more importantly, it's not your fault that I don't support him. He is who he is, and some like it, but a lot of folks don't.

There is a certain amount of truth to this. He would still be disliked by the left though, because of his policies. Even if he put them out there in a more politically correct manner..

I think he could accomplish even more if he could learn how to speak..imo. There are many fence sitters that maybe would vote for him but cannot stomach it .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ncountry said:

There is a certain amount of truth to this. He would still be disliked by the left though, because of his policies. Even if he put them out there in a more politically correct manner..

I think he could accomplish even more if he could learn how to speak..imo. There are many fence sitters that maybe would vote for him but cannot stomach it .

I very well could be one of those fence sitters, but he turned me off right from the start with the way he was treating Republican candidates. I'm not a devoted Democratic voter, though I do tend to vote for more Dems than Republicans, and am registered as such. There were definitely a few Republican candidates that I would have voted for over Hillary, but Trump wasn't one of them. 

Don't get me wrong, it obviously worked for him, he won the election. Not the popular vote, but I don't say that to make it sound like he didn't really win, he did, fair and square, just making a point that a majority of those who voted didn't vote for him.

I guess we'll have to see how it plays out this year, he didn't have the widest margin in 16, so I can see it going either way. Regardless of who wins though, I don't take it personally. I have one vote, and that's all I can do to have my say.

But look at all the good he has done(many listed by Robhuntandfish) and the policies he has changed (mostly economic and right in his wheel house) under the cover of everyone yelling at him for being crude. He gives them(left media) the sound bite that they focus on and rage about and hold him up as an ass-hat, and he continues (almost quietly) to MAGA!
He is quite calculated in his moves IMO-many billionaires are-and when he knows what he doesn’t know(dealing with a pandemic), he delegates.
Would I like him to be more “presidential”? Sure. But if you think about it, he has only really bitch slapped the swamp, just like he promised he would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

But see, he's the one that keeps frosting the proverbial poop covered pie. He gives us these sound bites, no one is whipping them up on a computer, they are his words. Again, some people will pick the onion off a burger if they don't like it, and that's fine, but the blame falls solely on him for his messaging and media coverage. I would go so far as to say he revels in that coverage to an extent, because it gives him an enemy, which let's be honest fires his supporters up.

News media  doesn't cover his trash talking because they want to hurt him, they cover it because it sells, plain and simple. I read it, I'd wager to bet you read it. The difference is that our reactions are opposite. For his supporters, it makes them love him that much more, and for people like me, it is the opposite. He's not a dumb man, he knows how to manipulate a message. It has worked for him, and he continues to do it. It doesn't change the fact that it makes me like him less, and has a similar affect on a lot of other people. We'll see if that strategy holds true for him in November.

Recently I watched the BBC news on late night TV.  Yes, it was a waste of minutes out of my life, but it confirms the mental illness or ignorance or shear hate of some people for President Trump.  The report had so many experts criticizing President Trumps handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Following the trash reporting regarding President Trump, they reported on former President Obama's support for Joe Biden.  They stated how Obama is a beloved ex-president and admired world wide!  Obama was the worst.  One FACT that will be a dark part of American history is how he failed to retaliate against the terrorists in Benghazi that murdered Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans.  Of course some would place the blame on the incompetent Secretary of State at the time, Hillary Clinton.  Yes Hillary did not do her job because she was incompetent.  Still Obama is a failure for not only NOT retaliating, but he apologized for the terrorists claiming they were "upset" over a video of Mohammed.

Yes, Trump 2020 because America needs all the help it can get.

Edited by ADK Native
Spelled "for" incorrectly.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

But see, he's the one that keeps frosting the proverbial poop covered pie. He gives us these sound bites, no one is whipping them up on a computer, they are his words. Again, some people will pick the onion off a burger if they don't like it, and that's fine, but the blame falls solely on him for his messaging and media coverage. I would go so far as to say he revels in that coverage to an extent, because it gives him an enemy, which let's be honest fires his supporters up.

News media  doesn't cover his trash talking because they want to hurt him, they cover it because it sells, plain and simple. I read it, I'd wager to bet you read it. The difference is that our reactions are opposite. For his supporters, it makes them love him that much more, and for people like me, it is the opposite. He's not a dumb man, he knows how to manipulate a message. It has worked for him, and he continues to do it. It doesn't change the fact that it makes me like him less, and has a similar affect on a lot of other people. We'll see if that strategy holds true for him in November.

I like Trump because he isn't a politician . I've seen enough smooth , eloquent , charismatic politicians in my lifetime that tell what you want to hear but don't do anything once in office.It's nice having a Pres with some back bone  who stands up for our country.

Trump isn't very presidential at times but that's not important to me ,what he does and has accomplished is what's important.

Don't kid yourself, the fake news media is doing all they can to destroy this man.

As much as you hate Trump you can't honestly believe that Biden would be more qualified to lead this Country,( providing he is the democrat nominee.)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

Recently I watched the BBC news on late night TV.  Yes, it was a waste of minutes out of my life, but it confirms the mental illness or ignorance or shear hate of some people for President Trump.  The report had so many experts criticizing President Trumps handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Following the trash reporting regarding President Trump, they reported on former President Obama's support for Joe Biden.  They stated how Obama is a beloved ex-president and admired world wide!  Obama was the worst.  One FACT that will be a dark part of American history is how he failed to retaliate against the terrorists in Benghazi that murdered Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans.  Of course some would place the blame on the incompetent Secretary of State at the time, Hillary Clinton.  Yes Hillary did not do her job because she was incompetent.  Still Obama is a failure for not only NOT retaliating, but he apologized fro the terrorists claiming they were "upset" over a video of Mohammed.

Yes, Trump 2020 because America needs all the help it can get.

No matter How they try, they cannot change facts. Beloved Obama had the LOWEST approval rating of any presidency EVER, surpassing Jimmy Carter! Let that sink in. I am not saying I hate the man, well...yes I am. 

Edited by squirrelwhisperer

I just watche Howard Stern’s Private Parts again...”Average Stern fans listen for 90 minutes- reason: they want to hear what he would say next...average Stern haters listened for 2.5 hours...reason- want to hear what he would say next!”
He is winning!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lever action said:

I like Trump because he isn't a politician . I've seen enough smooth , eloquent , charismatic politicians in my lifetime that tell what you want to hear but don't do anything once in office.It's nice having a Pres with some back bone  who stands up for our country.

Trump isn't very presidential at times but that's not important to me ,what he does and has accomplished is what's important.

Don't kid yourself, the fake news media is doing all they can to destroy this man.

As much as you hate Trump you can't honestly believe that Biden would be more qualified to lead this Country,( providing he is the democrat nominee.)

See, the thing is, I don't hate Trump. Believe it all you want, but that's just not true. I don't like him, I don't support him, but I don't hate him, and I do not root against him. I am not your enemy, I promise you. I am a regular guy, who has a family, works a worthwhile job, and wants what is best for me and the people I care about.

I think that Biden will lead the country with the respect and decorum that the office of the presidency deserves. I'm sure you disagree with me, and that's fine, I will lose no sleep tonight knowing that you and I aren't on the same page politically. Likewise, I will hold no grudges for anyone's lack of support for the candidate that I support, nor will I whine and cry of he loses. I would most likely still not be a Trump supporter, but such is life.

I voted for Obama twice, and am proud that he was our President, and happen to think he did a fine job of running and representing our great nation. I have seen him called everything but a black man (see what I did there) but you know what, your opinions are your own, and I respect your right to have them. I would respect those same rights of opinion if Biden wins in November, which for my part, I hope he does.

2 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

No matter How they try, they cannot change facts. Beloved Obama had the LOWEST approval rating of any presidency EVER, surpassing Jimmy Carter! Let that sink in. I am not saying I hate the man, well...yes I am. 

Am honestly curious where you found that he had the lowest approval rating ever. I did a quick Google search and didn't see him show up even in a "Top lowest approval ratings list". Not saying your lying, I did not dig very deep, but would be interested to see the data.

• Like 1

See, the thing is, I don't hate Trump. Believe it all you want, but that's just not true. I don't like him, I don't support him, but I don't hate him, and I do not root against him. I am not your enemy, I promise you. I am a regular guy, who has a family, works a worthwhile job, and wants what is best for me and the people I care about.
I think that Biden will lead the country with the respect and decorum that the office of the presidency deserves. I'm sure you disagree with me, and that's fine, I will lose no sleep tonight knowing that you and I aren't on the same page politically. Likewise, I will hold no grudges for anyone's lack of support for the candidate that I support, nor will I whine and cry of he loses. I would most likely still not be a Trump supporter, but such is life.
I voted for Obama twice, and am proud that he was out President, and happen to think he did a fine job of running and representing our great nation. I have seen him called everything but a black man (see what I did there) but you know what, your opinions are your own, and I respect your right to have them. I would respect those same rights of opinion if Biden wins in November, which for my part, I hope he does.

That’s a fair statement if you feel that presentation is more powerful than production. It use to be that our president was both. Now, because the most capable presidents would never sacrifice their lives for the office I feel we need to choose one or the other....I select/elect productivity for USA over presentation. I do respect your thought however

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I voted for Obama twice, and am proud that he was our President, and happen to think he did a fine job of running and representing our great nation. I have seen him called everything but a black man (see what I did there) but you know what, your opinions are your own, and I respect your right to have them. I would respect those same rights of opinion if Biden wins in November, which for my part, I hope he does.

Use your internet skills to determine how much territory was controlled by ISIS while Obama was President.   Compare that to what they hold now after 3.5 years of Trump.   Then get back to us with who did or is doing a better job.  Obama was a talker, while Trump is a doer.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I am a regular guy, who has a family, works a worthwhile job, and wants what is best for me and the people I care about.

This puzzles me, because you and your family are the type of folks the Democrats couldn't care less about. 

You are not in a "protected class" as far as I know.  You are not a victim of anything are you?  You work and pay taxes and try to do the best you can. 

Meanwhile Democrats raise all of your taxes so they can spend more on things that do not benefit you or your family, work against the nuclear family and family values by promoting all sorts of policies that tear the nuclear family apart, try to destroy as many jobs as they can to promote dependency on big govt for survival, and eliminate as many of your individual rights as possible for the benefit of the "collective", which is tyranny against the individual. 

The fact they are the party of extreme "Gun Control" should be enough for any hunter, gun owner or lover of individual freedom of choice, to be adamantly opposed to ever casting a vote in support of any Democrat running for elected office.  They all support their party's desire to eliminate the 2nd Amendment altogether, as the first step towards re-writing the entire US Constitution in their new utopian view of a "collectivist society", where all individual rights are eliminated and everyone works towards the "common good".

In case your are not aware, that's all part of the global ideology of the Communist cabal.

People like you and your family become grease for the wheels of the government machine under such a system.  Doesn't sound like you are going to wind up with what is best for you and your family by voting to support leftist progressive Marxist totalitarian Democrats.

When people come to realize you do support these things, it's only natural for them to perceive you as the enemy, albeit one who just isn't aware of it.  That's why people like me, who want to enlighten you, are willing to point it out in hopes you might wake up.  Because if it begins to succeed in America, there will be blood, and it will be ruthless.

People who see the truth as outlined above would rather die on their feet, than live on their knees.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rattler said:

This puzzles me, because you and your family are the type of folks the Democrats couldn't care less about. 

You are not in a "protected class" as far as I know.  You are not a victim of anything are you?  You work and pay taxes and try to do the best you can. 

Meanwhile Democrats raise all of your taxes so they can spend more on things that do not benefit you or your family, work against the nuclear family and family values by promoting all sorts of policies that tear the nuclear family apart, try to destroy as many jobs as they can to promote dependency on big govt for survival, and eliminate as many of your individual rights as possible for the benefit of the "collective", which is tyranny against the individual. 

The fact they are the party of extreme "Gun Control" should be enough for any hunter, gun owner or lover of individual freedom of choice, to be adamantly opposed to ever casting a vote in support of any Democrat running for elected office.  They all support their party's desire to eliminate the 2nd Amendment altogether, as the first step towards re-writing the entire US Constitution in their new utopian view of a "collectivist society", where all individual rights are eliminated and everyone works towards the "common good".

In case your are not aware, that's all part of the global ideology of the Communist cabal.

People like you and your family become grease for the wheels of the government machine under such a system.  Doesn't sound like you are going to wind up with what is best for you and your family by voting to support leftist progressive Marxist totalitarian Democrats.

When people come to realize you do support these things, it's only natural for them to perceive you as the enemy, albeit one who just isn't aware of it.  That's why people like me, who want to enlighten you, are willing to point it out in hopes you might wake up.  Because if it begins to succeed in America, there will be blood, and it will be ruthless.

People who see the truth as outlined above would rather die on their feet, than live on their knees.

Here's the thing Rattler, I know a lot of folks who are registered Democrats, and they are pretty similar to me. You seem to have created this extreme liberal enemy in your own mind, and cast every Democrat, even if they are leaning right against the "fence" as part of that imagined enemy. I mean, I don't see every Republican as a white supremacist neo-nazi, though the extreme right end of the party has some. I vote my conscience, and if my right to do so as an American offends you, well, that's your cross to bear.

Your "enlightenment" does nothing to bring me around to your way of thinking, mainly because you're problem isn't really with me, but your imagined liberal enemy. It would be like me pointing out to you the dangers of being a racist and telling you over and over to stop being one. You're not a racist, and me telling you over and over how stupid it is that you are one, would make you tune me out completely. Just so we're clear, I'm not calling you a racist, it was an example. However, I'm not an ignorant leftist-marxist, like you seem to think I am.

I enjoy debating with you Rattler, but I quit taking you seriously a long time ago. You turned me off of most everything you post because I can't relate with you. Even if there a few nuggets in there that we might agree on, you surround it with so much self righteousness "I am the only one with the truth" sentiment that I can't relate. 

If you want to enlighten people like me, maybe try to work from some middle ground, you might find there's more of it than you think. Or don't, you can keep right on proselytizing and I'll keep on keeping on. Regardless, your opinion of me and my beliefs will mean no more to me than a wart on a frog's butt.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Regardless, your opinion of me and my beliefs will mean no more to me than a wart on a frog's butt.

You don't understand what I just wrote at all.  I'm not saying you and your Democrat friends aren't good people.  I'm saying the party you support isn't good.  They've somehow convinced you to support them in spite of their desire to use your support against you.  

The pigs will always support the farmer because he feeds them, regardless of the fact he will slaughter them one day.

The things I have listed above are part of your party's election platform every 4 years.  It's not untrue.  Heck, I didn't even go into abortion here at all.

The Republican platform doesn't support any violent or racist extreme right wing ideas, so the one's you mention not only do not apply to regular GOP voters, they don't apply to the party either.

The way you vote doesn't offend me, it worries me.

I never said you were ignorant, leftist, Marxist or a totalitarian.  I said you are supporting them, albeit unwittingly.

One of the reasons liberals are so hard to talk to, is because they are easily offended.  The easily offended are easily manipulated and Democrats count on that.

I never understood the idea of discussing the "middle ground" when it comes to political ideology.  That's for discussing policies.  There is no middle ground when one ideology endorses freedom and one Communism. 

Or is the middle ground Socialism?

If so, we will never meet in the middle concerning ideology.

Such a pity Splitear.  I really did not perceive you as so close minded.  I expected you would address the points made about the Democrat party rather than take personal offense at pointing it out.  Indoctrination is often the wall the mind cannot break through.

3 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Such a pity Splitear.  I really did not perceive you as so close minded.  I expected you would address the points made about the Democrat party rather than take personal offense at pointing it out.  Indoctrination is often the wall the mind cannot break through.

Again, not offended, unaffected.

Arguing your points on this would be like you telling me how much you hate David, and me telling you how great he is, and neither of us is talking about the same guy. Your view Democrats and mine aren't even in the same ballfield. Furthermore, neither of us will get anywhere because you are unwavering in your "truth", which is fine, and me, I just don't care about your "truth" anymore, and again, not because I'm offended, but because you have told me I'm wrong so many times that I have quit caring why you think that is the case.

Wow...I just liked a comment from Rattler and Split in the same conversation?
What neither of them can do (which I feel I have done by liking both comments-not ideologies) is listen to the extreme on each side, hear where they are coming from, take from it what I want, and let them be where they be cause that’s their right.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Lee, please tell me how your party can continue to support the likes of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer (amongst others). This baffles and befuddles me to no end. IMHO these people are not only insane, but the true enemy of our country and the reason the Democratic Party is frowned upon. 

The same way the Republican party will support the likes of Steve King I guess.

I'm not a poster boy for the Democratic party, like I said, I vote for Republicans, and have voted for several, though probably not as many as Democrats. I will be voting for Joe Biden in November, not because he's a Democrat, but because I think he will be a better President than Donald Trump. Again, I have no issue with anyone who doesn't agree with that decision, cast your vote for whoever you want.

I didn't vote for Nancy Pelosi, and have no idea who has ran against her in the past. Maybe I would have voted for her, maybe for her opponent, I don't know, I'm not in California. I'm sure I voted for Schumer in 16, but I can't remember who ran against him, their message obviously didn't reach me. Regardless, when in doubt, I tend to vote with my party, as I'm sure can be said for a lot of folks from both sides. That being said, you won't see me flying a Schumer flag in my yard, and if he or Gillibrand are challenged by a republican that I like better, I have no problem ticking that box.

Just the same as I'm not a poster boy for the Democratic Party, I'm not a whipping boy either. Trust me, I know what I'm in for debating politics on a hunting forum. I'm not offended, I take none of it personally. However, no one on here is going to make me a leftist/Marxist/communist, no matter how many times they call me one or insinuate that I am one. It's just not the case. And that's not aimed at you SW, I know you think I'm the second coming of Stalin, and I take that as a compliment :)

24 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Wow...I just liked a comment from Rattler and Split in the same conversation?
What neither of them can do (which I feel I have done by liking both comments-not ideologies) is listen to the extreme on each side, hear where they are coming from, take from it what I want, and let them be where they be cause that’s their right.

I'm happy to listen to different opinions. I take some, I leave some, and occasionally am even swayed by one.

I would liken my debates with Rattler to listening to a couple of guys fart the Brandenburg Concertos. The first time it's impressive, but after a while, it starts to stink. Sure, occasionally you listen to it again for entertainment, but in the end it's just a couple of guys passing gas. 

Trust me, I know I contribute my fair share of flatulence in this forum :)

• Like 1