I remember my first debate with Rattler on here devolved into a debate over the definition of "ignorant". I even got a little heated, until I realized that we were arguing over the definition of ignorant (which I was right about by the way). Ah.... memories.

I enjoy the exchanges on here, they make me think more deeply about what I believe, and in Rattler's case, entertain me when I'm in the mood for it. I just hope you all know that we might not agree on everything, but I appreciate the heck out of you.

By the way, I'm still waiting for those Obama approval rating sources @squirrelwhisperer

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

The same way the Republican party will support the likes of Steve King I guess.

I'm not a poster boy for the Democratic party, like I said, I vote for Republicans, and have voted for several, though probably not as many as Democrats. I will be voting for Joe Biden in November, not because he's a Democrat, but because I think he will be a better President than Donald Trump. Again, I have no issue with anyone who doesn't agree with that decision, cast your vote for whoever you want.

I didn't vote for Nancy Pelosi, and have no idea who has ran against her in the past. Maybe I would have voted for her, maybe for her opponent, I don't know, I'm not in California. I'm sure I voted for Schumer in 16, but I can't remember who ran against him, their message obviously didn't reach me. Regardless, when in doubt, I tend to vote with my party, as I'm sure can be said for a lot of folks from both sides. That being said, you won't see me flying a Schumer flag in my yard, and if he or Gillibrand are challenged by a republican that I like better, I have no problem ticking that box.

Just the same as I'm not a poster boy for the Democratic Party, I'm not a whipping boy either. Trust me, I know what I'm in for debating politics on a hunting forum. I'm not offended, I take none of it personally. However, no one on here is going to make me a leftist/Marxist/communist, no matter how many times they call me one or insinuate that I am one. It's just not the case. And that's not aimed at you SW, I know you think I'm the second coming of Stalin, and I take that as a compliment :)

You are a funny guy lol. Second coming of Stalin. That’s rich!

Srsly, how can your party put up with their antics? Do they agree or just not care? You never answered the question.

We have debated before and I never insulted you nor would I. I would only disagree with you.

As someone that does not know how such nonsense is tolerated, I was hoping you could shed some light. For me, my disdain for their policies would be enough to switch sides.

I want to know how you feel about these two. Do you agree with them? Do you appose them? If you appose, how can you continue to vote Dem?

Biden of all people?? You are a gun owner, correct? A hunter, correct? Yet, you would endorse someone that openly wants to stop your lifestyle, remove your freedoms and abolish the second amendment? What’s worse is that you want to put that person in the highest office in the land. I’m very confused. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Do many of them vote for Democrats too?

I wouldn’t be surprised.

What I do know is this, a Met fan is a true fan in every sense of the word. It’s not easy to continue to root for a team that always loses. 

Same can be said for the Dems, they will continue to root for the losing team after November. 

21 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I remember my first debate with Rattler on here devolved into a debate over the definition of "ignorant". I even got a little heated, until I realized that we were arguing over the definition of ignorant (which I was right about by the way). Ah.... memories.

I enjoy the exchanges on here, they make me think more deeply about what I believe, and in Rattler's case, entertain me when I'm in the mood for it. I just hope you all know that we might not agree on everything, but I appreciate the heck out of you.

By the way, I'm still waiting for those Obama approval rating sources @squirrelwhisperer

I’m sure it wasn’t CNN lol. I will find it for ya. 

16 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

You are a funny guy lol. Second coming of Stalin. That’s rich!

Srsly, how can your party put up with their antics? Do they agree or just not care? You never answered the question.

We have debated before and I never insulted you nor would I. I would only disagree with you.

As someone that does not know how such nonsense is tolerated, I was hoping you could shed some light. For me, my disdain for their policies would be enough to switch sides.

I want to know how you feel about these two. Do you agree with them? Do you appose them? If you appose, how can you continue to vote Dem?

Biden of all people?? You are a gun owner, correct? A hunter, correct? Yet, you would endorse someone that openly wants to stop your lifestyle, remove your freedoms and abolish the second amendment? What’s worse is that you want to put that person in the highest office in the land. I’m very confused. 

I seem to confuse you a lot SW, I'm a walking contradiction. Also, I know you've never insulted me, I don't know that I have been personally insulted on this forum, and if I have been, I was too stupid to realize it.

For the most part, I don't really care about Pelosi or Schumer. I think the Dems have put a pretty decent check on Trump, who I honestly don't think knows the limits of the power of the president. I'm happy with them for that, and beyond that, I couldn't make two bullet points on their stances, and don't really care. I don't oppose or support them for the most part, I am indifferent... On top of that, if I switched sides I'd be moving to McConnell's party, yuck!

Yes, Biden. I haven't seen anywhere that he is against hunting. Sure, he may want to regulate AR-14's (I know, I know), but that has no impact on me. I'm not voting for him because of that, but it doesn't affect me enough to push my vote to Trump. This is where I'm going to fall out of favor with a lot on here, but I'm just being honest. I won't apologize, but I understand if you disagree with me. 

So, to that point, I haven't seen anywhere that he is going to abolish the 2nd Amendment, and I don't think that will ever happen. Again, point of disagreement, but it is what it is. 

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I haven't seen anywhere that he is going to abolish the 2nd Amendment, and I don't think that will ever happen. Again, point of disagreement, but it is what it is. 

You are obviously not paying attention.  The only way anyone could not see it is only paying attention to broadcasts that never report on it.  The one's that do are probably dismissed as "right wing" programs that only tell lies.

If Democrats ever control the Presidency and both houses of Congress, you will see it as the first thing they do.  Why?  Because they abhor individual rights as well as the means to defend them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

However, no one on here is going to make me a leftist/Marxist/communist, no matter how many times they call me one or insinuate that I am one. It's just not the case. 

This is what I said.

"Doesn't sound like you are going to wind up with what is best for you and your family by voting to support leftist progressive Marxist totalitarian Democrats."

Now how do you read that and interpret it as making you out to be one?  Sometimes I think you do not carefully read what I post and misinterpret most of it.  Perhaps you do the same with everything you hear from conservatives.  What you think was said may be very different than what was actually said.  I notice leftists do this a lot with most everything Trump says too.  They misinterpret and then swear he said something he never said, so they can convince their base he's something other than what he is.  Once again, they're easily manipulated.

Jeez Rattler, is Trump paying you or something?  You seem to be just like him.  You won't let anything negative that is said about him go.  Many love Trump while others can't stand him.  I can assure you that you won't change anyone's mind no matter how much you defend him here.  Just letting you know.  Have a good weekend.

25 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Jeez Rattler, is Trump paying you or something?  You seem to be just like him.  You won't let anything negative that is said about him go.  Many love Trump while others can't stand him.  I can assure you that you won't change anyone's mind no matter how much you defend him here.  Just letting you know.  Have a good weekend.

I want to know why people feel the need to constantly cast negative attacks at him whenever something positive about him is posted.  That's what the media does.  And 98% of what they broadcast about him is negative.  Something very fishy going on it this country when a man can improve so much in the country and people will attack him for things that have nothing to do with any of that.

I'm not defending Trump as much as the country itself.  I believe it's true that they are not after Trump.  They're after US!  He's just standing in their way.

Edited by Rattler

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

I want to know why people feel the need to constantly cast negative attacks at him whenever something positive about him is posted.  That's what the media does.  And 98% of what they broadcast about him is negative.  Something very fishy going on it this country when a man can improve so much in the country and people will attack him for things that have nothing to do with any of that.

I'm not defending Trump as much as the country itself.  I believe it's true that they are not after Trump.  They're after US!  He's just standing in their way.

I'm sure you were constantly sending hugs and kisses Obama's way when he was in office :)