Let’s open up some upstate hospitals

Nomad

Up,here , they’re furloughing and laying off hospital workers , wage freezes , pay cuts . My daughter works at her hospital one week out of four because there’s nothing to do ,, due to cuomos  no elective procedures , which is costing her hospital 5-6 million per week , insolvency looms near . There’s not a large number of Covid19 PTs , few regular PTs , no money coming in , nothing for workers to do .

His one size fits all plan , is not working well up here .

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/04/syracuse-other-regional-hospitals-furlough-1665-workers-amid-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Up,here , they’re furloughing and laying off hospital workers , wage freezes , pay cuts . My daughter works at her hospital one week out of four because there’s nothing to do ,, due to cuomos  no elective procedures , which is costing her hospital 5-6 million per week , insolvency looms near . There’s not a large number of Covid19 PTs , few regular PTs , no money coming in , nothing for workers to do .

His one size fits all plan , is not working well up here .

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/04/syracuse-other-regional-hospitals-furlough-1665-workers-amid-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Our local hospitals have been doing the same..

Meanwhile close to 100% of the local construction trades were sent  home too. 

As we are coming out of this we need to switch our labels from essential/non essential  to work that can be performed safely.  I dont see how my small uncrowded crews cannot work together safely.

One size fits all obviously  doent work .

• Like 1

The line is always blurred, when upstate is lumped in with NYC. Like trying to put a round peg in a square hole. Vastly different needs and wants. 

Though I sympathise with NYC and the tragedy of COVID-19 ravaging the population there. It is vastly different in numbers outside of there. Even in Albany. 

We need to start thinking of fighting the next battle. Getting people back to work. And a somewhat different way of life again.

• Like 2

Upstate hospitals that are virtually shut down right now, are losing millions each week.  Unless they are allowed to start doing what they do soon, they may not re-open at all. 

The idea is, non-essential surgery is something that isn't necessary because you won't die without it.  Yet abortion clinics are open and operating without missing a beat.

Liberal logic.